August 2016 watermelons!

Did the baking soda test with brand new box and it fizzed. Darn it.

Maybe it was because it was a new box? I wouldn't think too much of it. Try again at 10 weeks and see what happens. That is when it is supposed to be the most accurate.

I've been told it's supposed to be a new box. I can't see how it wouldn't fizz in general, unless old and useless. I think the test is bogus. I've heard it doesn't matter when you do it. Why 10 weeks? I don't see why urine would be any different, but who knows. Still a fun test to do since it's pointless to pee on sticks.

I do suffer with pretty bad constipation thanks to baby, iron tablets and a bariatric tummy and I did go a lot (sorry tmi) last night so maybe it was just the after result of that! I was a worrier before the pregnancy, I'm so much worse now! Got my booking in appointment with the midwife Friday so hoping she'll calm me down a bit

Well the lab was closed. I guess I'll be going back tomorrow. Super tired. Still getting no sleep. I guess I should get used to it since I'll be waking up every two hours at some point.

I had to brave the 6 degree weather to get guacamole from my fav Mexican restaurant. I want more.

Jealous!! It's always a nice temp where you are. I'm in IL, stupid midwest.

Brr!

Oh..I wouldn't put too much stock in the baking soda test either. I think it has to do with your diet, really. If you are eating a lot of acidic food it makes sense for it to fizz...I would think. I do FEEL like I'm having a boy though. I don't know why. I'd be happy either way but a boy would be a new experience. I worry though that I won't love a boy the same though. Is that weird? What do you do with them?? Can you cuddle them as much? Silly thinking. I know I'd love him just as much. But how do you relate with a son?

Did the baking soda test with brand new box and it fizzed. Darn it.

Maybe it was because it was a new box? I wouldn't think too much of it. Try again at 10 weeks and see what happens. That is when it is supposed to be the most accurate.

I've been told it's supposed to be a new box. I can't see how it wouldn't fizz in general, unless old and useless. I think the test is bogus. I've heard it doesn't matter when you do it. Why 10 weeks? I don't see why urine would be any different, but who knows. Still a fun test to do since it's pointless to pee on sticks.

Mine was a new box and I think that was why it fizzed so much. If it was an old box, it probably wouldn't have. They say wait until 10 weeks because that is when the baby's sex organs start to form and they start secreting the hormones of whatever gender they are, but idk. I think all gender tests are pretty bogus. The best way to know for sure is by ultrasound at 20 weeks, which seems like an eternity.

It's 10 degrees here in Ohio right now, supposed to drop to -9 by tonight. If it were 61 here we'd be in our shorts and flip flops hanging out by the pool :haha:

So I wanted to wait until 12 weeks to tell everyone else (I've only told my parents and DH's family) but I'm not sure if I can hold off that long because I'm already starting to show. We might have to break the news a bit earlier than expected. When are you all planning on announcing?

So I wanted to wait until 12 weeks to tell everyone else (I've only told my parents and DH's family) but I'm not sure if I can hold off that long because I'm already starting to show. We might have to break the news a bit earlier than expected. When are you all planning on announcing?

I am so jealous ! I'm not showing at all, although I keep inspecting myself lol. We aren't planning on telling anyone else besides our immediate family ( they already know) until 14 weeks, but I think I am just extra cautious person. To each their own! If you are comfortable telling people, tell them!

I'm getting so mad. The weather reports around here are all over the place with a winter storm coming for Saturday. I'm seeing anything from "wintry mix" to 30 inches of snow! The ultrasound place is an hour away and if it's snowing like crazy I can't go! And then I'll have to reschedule for another weekend because they are too far for me to do a weekday .

I didn't realize I was showing much either until today when my mother was over and mentioned it. It is probably mostly bloat but usually my tummy is flat so any amount of bloat or baby makes it obvious that I'm pregnant lol. Are you from the midwest too 1nce?

lil miss - we have told family and close friends and I'm not really going to make it facebook official until 12 weeks. Maybe just after so I can do a valentine's day announcement. :) I'm not showing yet but pretty much anyone that would notice like work or friends that see me all the time already knows!

1nce - that's a nice vague forecast! Wintry mix to 30 inches of snow? Damn. I'm sorry it is impacting your ability to get to your appointments. Our weather here is boring but predictable. It's like 46-48 degrees and rainy/drizzly for the forseeable future.

I had to brave the 6 degree weather to get guacamole from my fav Mexican restaurant. I want more.

Now that is dedication to a craving. But ya know what? it's worth it. Guac sounds amazing. My big thing right now is smoothies. I busted out the blender and the jamba copycat recipes from the 'net. I'm freezing but man the smoothies are just what I want. :)

ok third post in a row. Sorry guys. Bad habit when I am catching up on threads. I'll get better at consolidating :)

I just wanted to share that we had our 9 week scan today! Baby was moving around and HB is strong :) I can't believe how much bigger "she" (I'm going with the intuition there) is! We graduated from the fertility clinic today. On to an OB! Even though I never even got to the meds or IVF stage with the fertility clinic it is an emotional day considering the shit news that landed me there. I was literally told by a gynecologist that there was pretty much no chance of conceiving with my own eggs and referred to the fertility clinic. They gave me hope, set up some appointments and BAM I was pregnant naturally before they could even give me any fertility meds, count follicles or stim.

I am a very happy Mama today. Keep sticking around baby!

Attachments

• 9weeks_andrea_small.jpg
    9weeks_andrea_small.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 11
I'm from New England and the weather can be unpredictable here. The saying around here is "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute" lol they usually don't know until last minute what is going to happen with snow storms and even then, they are usually wrong. They might say 4-8 inches and you get two feet lol

ok third post in a row. Sorry guys. Bad habit when I am catching up on threads. I'll get better at consolidating :)

I just wanted to share that we had our 9 week scan today! Baby was moving around and HB is strong :) I can't believe how much bigger "she" (I'm going with the intuition there) is! We graduated from the fertility clinic today. On to an OB! Even though I never even got to the meds or IVF stage with the fertility clinic it is an emotional day considering the shit news that landed me there. I was literally told by a gynecologist that there was pretty much no chance of conceiving with my own eggs and referred to the fertility clinic. They gave me hope, set up some appointments and BAM I was pregnant naturally before they could even give me any fertility meds, count follicles or stim.

I am a very happy Mama today. Keep sticking around baby!

Andrea, I do the same thing :blush: I'm always having to go back a few pages on this thread and see what everyone else wrote because it is so hard to keep up on everything, this thread moves so quickly.

I was going to do a Valentine's Day Facebook announcement as well... I think it is appropriate since I'll be about 11/12 weeks and it is the holiday of love after all :) I'm also hoping I get another ultrasound before then to make sure everything is still going ok.

What a beautiful scan btw! Glad baby is doing well and you can now be transferred to a regular OB!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->