August 2016 watermelons!

I try to only use my Doppler once a week, unless I feel concerned.

I finally posted my Facebook announcement and already the negative comments are coming in. Nobody understands my situation (losses), why I want a big family after being an only child all my life, and I shouldn't have to explain myself. It is really none of their business why I want a big family. This is why I hate announcing on social media, yet if I don't, I hear about it when I don't tell them that I had another baby. I can't win! :(

Tell me about it, Tan. Sadly I don't even have that many 'friends' on Facebook.

People are such assholes when it comes to business that isn't theirs.

I agree. What they don't realize is that it was my news to share and I technically didn't have to share it. I could have just waited until birth to tell.

I tried out my Doppler! I felt like I heard the heartbeat but like I would lose it a second later kind of thing like my baby ran away lol. I'm going to try again later when DH is home.

I try to only use my Doppler once a week, unless I feel concerned.

I finally posted my Facebook announcement and already the negative comments are coming in. Nobody understands my situation (losses), why I want a big family after being an only child all my life, and I shouldn't have to explain myself. It is really none of their business why I want a big family. This is why I hate announcing on social media, yet if I don't, I hear about it when I don't tell them that I had another baby. I can't win! :(

Ugh. Don't listen to them! We will be happy for you. A baby is always a blessing !

Same here 1nce. As soon as I'd catch the hb he/she would flutter away. I could hear the swishing sounds on my Doppler from the baby moving.

I Felt a lot better when my friend (who is 30 weeks pregnant) said her midwife spent 20 minutes looking for the heartbeat the other day. and her baby is like 3 lbs already!

I must say that I'm a little jealous but so happy for you all that you get to listen to the hb (when you can find it). My first midwife appointment is this Friday and I'm hoping to hear a hb then.

Sorry Lilmiss to hear about your negative and ungrateful friends, all our friends should be happy for us.
I'm unsure whether to do a Facebook post at all.

I don't really like putting personal stuff on FB. I'm thinking of sending out a card to announce to family and friends. Kind of old school I guess, but I think it's nice.

I'm so irritated. I called clinic for test results. They're in! But...lady who answered wouldn't give me effing results. I asked her to atleast look at gender and she wouldn't! Supposivly mw will call me back. Errr

1nce I think that's a great idea. I would love to receive an announcement like that!

Hollie - Oh I would have been so upset. I hope you hear soon!!!!

I'm so irritated. I called clinic for test results. They're in! But...lady who answered wouldn't give me effing results. I asked her to atleast look at gender and she wouldn't! Supposivly mw will call me back. Errr

Ugh I would be so frustrated. I think it's because receptionists aren't allowed to interpret results, they aren't qualified to. I hope the MW calls you back soon!

I really should have done that 1nce however I unfortunately don't have all the addresses of my long distance relatives. I messaged them and asked them for it but not all of them gave it to me, not sure why but some of them are weird about giving out their information online. I have relations living in Ohio, West Virginia, Florida, Arizona, Minnesota and New Jersey so it was much easier just writing one announcement on Facebook. I guess if they don't give me their address or phone number then they have no right to get mad at me if I don't let them know.

Hollie I think that is very maddening that they are taking so long to get your results back. I can't believe the lady wouldn't tell you when it was written down right in front of her, but I guess as 1nce said, some nurses won't give out information without the doctor's consent. I really hope they call you back and give you the results. I would love to know the gender :)

I couldn't really find the heart beat today . I think the Doppler is making me nuts. Now I'm thinking there is no heart beat .

1nce baby is probably just hiding today. Don't worry too much about it and try again in a few days. I'm sure babes is just tucked away and doesn't want to come close enough for you to hear. Sometimes trained professionals can't find the heartbeat for a while, things will be perfect.

1nce it is possible that the baby was sleeping. Maybe try eating something sugary and waiting about 15 minutes. Try angling the probe towards your uterus and pushing down a bit. Sometimes if the baby is sleeping it is difficult to find because they usually rest at the bottom of the uterus which is still tucked under your pubic bone. Dopplers don't work as well through bone.

I couldn't really find the heart beat today . I think the Doppler is making me nuts. Now I'm thinking there is no heart beat .

Thats exactly why I never got one of them it would mess with my head.

I still havnt told my family. He told his and apparently they are disppointed in us. I have no idea why we are together 12 years, known each other for 20. 3 other kids, live together and dont ask them for a frigging thing. :shrug: I knew the reaction would be crap as never are they happy anyway. My ones are the same. So I am putting off saying as I really dont want to feel more crap. Lost over a stone in weight from nausea and inability to eat. Put myself on iron and improving. Constipation ! not had that in last 3 pregs.
No scan apps yet but in next two weeks I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->