August 2016 watermelons!

Im taking a friend for a reassurance scan today. There 8+3 and had a bit of bleeding. Im a bit nervous of what i say if the worse has happened. Im gonna be sat there all prego and fine and shes lost the most important thing to her

I mean im sure everythings fine but im gonna be the last person she wants

I've had trouble finding the hb a couple of times. Baby moves so much at this point. When I was trying to show my MIL, baby was moving all over the place was just not having it! She only got to hear it faintly for about 2 seconds. Just try and not jump to conclusions and try again later :)

Had my OB appointment. It was my first time with a male doctor and he took seriously a CUP worth of progesterone supplement buildup out of my vag.... I couldn't believe it. So painful and gross. Anyhow had a pap, peed in a cup, and then he did a quick ultrasound on an old machine to show the HB because even he says it's hard to find the HB on Doppler. And baby was so much bigger and sucking it's thumb! A little person is in me that I can't even feel sucking it's thumb ! Crazy. We will see more in depth on Friday at the NT screening.

Im taking a friend for a reassurance scan today. There 8+3 and had a bit of bleeding. Im a bit nervous of what i say if the worse has happened. Im gonna be sat there all prego and fine and shes lost the most important thing to her

I mean im sure everythings fine but im gonna be the last person she wants

That's always hard :( I hope everything is ok with her!

1nce that's great news and so cute baby was sucking it's thumb!!!

Dragonfly I'm the same about dopplers, my sister had one and spent Christmas Day in hospital because she thought she heard irregularity in the heartbeat (she didn't baby was fine and is now 6!!) sorry to hear about the reaction from family, their loss!

Tanikins - hope your friend was ok?

Sorry should have updadted.

Everything was fine. We saw the hb flickering away :cloud9: ive only ever been to my own scans and whilst different it was still amazing to see it. I was so excited and she was ecstatic. Nobody wants to see blood when pregnant no matter the amount. She was also provisionally put forward 2 days, although that may change at the proper 12 week scan

Tani - what a relief!!! I know how scary it is to see blood :(

For those not in the fb group, here is my scan from yesterday. I wasn't supposed to get another one until 20 weeks, but I had some more spotting when using the bathroom and it was worrying me (after having a dream I was miscarrying). Doc didn't see any reason for the blood, so all is well! Baby kicked me hard and I felt it. I didn't realize what I've been feeling since 9 weeks has been baby kicks! It was so weird to see the baby moving, as it's been way too small to notice any movements before. I really wasn't expecting it - it was way cool and so creepy at the same time. I'm just glad it confirmed that I've been feeling kicks, because nobody believed me and said it was way too early. I told the doc and he said "Well, that's why!" lol

I'm sad we didn't get a good profile picture :( And I think this LO is going to have a full head of hair.. I mean look at the head already!

Attachments

• ultrasound 2-3-16.jpg
    ultrasound 2-3-16.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 14
For those not in the fb group, here is my scan from yesterday. I wasn't supposed to get another one until 20 weeks, but I had some more spotting when using the bathroom and it was worrying me (after having a dream I was miscarrying). Doc didn't see any reason for the blood, so all is well! Baby kicked me hard and I felt it. I didn't realize what I've been feeling since 9 weeks has been baby kicks! It was so weird to see the baby moving, as it's been way too small to notice any movements before. I really wasn't expecting it - it was way cool and so creepy at the same time. I'm just glad it confirmed that I've been feeling kicks, because nobody believed me and said it was way too early. I told the doc and he said "Well, that's why!" lol

I'm sad we didn't get a good profile picture :( And I think this LO is going to have a full head of hair.. I mean look at the head already!

Ugh that bleeding is so scary. I remember spotting 4-6 weeks and I thought for sure everything was over. I'm glad everything is OK. Isn't it crazy how much baby has grown! The dreams are scary too.. I swear at least once a week I have a miscarriage dream :-/ they are always so real!

Happy 12 wks :)

Thanks 1nce! Totally crazy how fast baby grows!! This was my first miscarriage dream, but occasionally I'll have some not so good dreams. I've never had so many bad dreams in my life.

Me too. I'm hoping they stop... I'm hoping for a better night sleep in general. I wake up like 2-3 times at night, which makes for a very crabby day.

Tell me about it! I had about a week of good sleep, and now I'm back to sleeping crappy again. If it's not getting up 4 times to pee, I'm waking up in the middle of the night for like 2 hours and can't get back to sleep. Last night I was awake from about 1:30am - 3:15ish. Ugh! I am so tired tonight. Been feeling nauseous again today, probably because I'm so exhausted from little sleep.

I really hope second trimester is as great as everybody makes it seem like it is.

My nausea came back too, Fairycat. I've been feeling gaggy all day. It sucks. I'm so ready for this sickness to be over!

I like how you wrote "look at that head already!" :rofl:

It is so weird how huge their heads are in the beginning compared to the rest of their body. I guess that's what makes them look so alien! Weird to think how much they're going to change by the time we see them at birth. I mean how their little bodies catch up and don't make their heads look as big as they once were.

hehe, yes the head is huge! It's weird how they develop, and so fast! I swear it looks like there's a full head of hair already, even though it's too early. I keep imagining what baby looks like :)

Had my 12 WK NT scan. Ultrasound tech said everything looked good. I was measuring 1 day ahead at 11 wks 6 days, and the nuchal fold was only like 1.2 which probably means very low chance of downs. There's a blood test and then a follow up blood test in a month, and so I won't get any official results for like everrrrr. Baby likes to suck it's thumb and doesn't move its hand the whole time lol. The ultrasound tech said we will have to buy the baby mittens because it's always touching it's face!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back