August 2016 watermelons!

I'm glad to hear your scan went well 1nce! Look at how big baby is already! You can already see the profile features :)

Fairycat I second that. It really is fun to wonder what the baby will look like and what kind of personality it will have.

1once - so glad your scan went well! Gorgeous pics. I had my 12 week scan yesterday too and all went well. Baby was wriggling and dancing away. Measuring 3 days ahead and edd 16th August!

My scan tomorrow. Not well at mo have a sore throat so dreading it getting worse as I have fibro too and illnesses kick that off. I could well miss my first scan :(

Good luck at your scan dragonfly, hope you're feeling better x

Got to first scan, seen my little jelly bean. Arms and legs all moving. Cute. No idea of size as they apparently dont do that in your first visit now but all good anyway. 28th Aug they calculated edd. I have app in march next time.

Congrats, Dragonfly! If they gave you an EDD, you should be able to look up an average measurement. So you're 4 days behind me, so 11+1 then for you which should be about 1.6 inches (4cm)?

My parents know now, had to say . Didn't get a congrats, didn't get a thing. Thought at least my mum would have called me at least to shame me in her usual way but got nothing. Well his ones said they where disappointed in us. Great eh. Hard to feel excited when people are like that in your family. Not sure why either we dont ask a thing off them and they dont do a thing either.

That's tough Dragonfly. I don't know why people feel it's their business to comment on others lives like that, especially when they've nothing to do with it. Maybe they are just in shock and they'll change their minds in a little bit? Either way, dont let what they say make you feel bad! You're having a baby! And that's a beautiful thing :).

That's tough Dragonfly. I don't know why people feel it's their business to comment on others lives like that, especially when they've nothing to do with it. Maybe they are just in shock and they'll change their minds in a little bit? Either way, dont let what they say make you feel bad! You're having a baby! And that's a beautiful thing :).

This is my 4th child, I been here before and never got a congrats out of them. They dont take anything to do with my kids anyway. They do birthday and xmas presents and thats it, no visits and my kids never been in their house. They live 4 mile from me lol. Too self interested for grand kids. Not sure what his ones problem is. I pay the frigging rent and bills here I get what I want myself. I dont rely on any one. :growlmad: because no ones ever there for me anyway. I think some people are just miserable. Been with my partner for 12 years now ffs. known him since high school and I aint young! :wacko:

On other news I have hormonal rage, wonderful. Meaning I went mad at the teacher in my sons school for wanting to punish him because of his learning difficulties. Yes no barrier on my mouth when pregnant. I really should be locked up for 9 months or at least duck taped mouth. :growlmad:

Wow... Dragonfly your family sounds a bit like my DH's. My mother always comes around to see us but my dad can be a complete arse sometimes. He always was though even when I was growing up, so it's nothing new and he always has something smart to say when we're expecting. At least he is in our lives and the grandkids' lives.

My DH's family, on the other hand, are just weird. I'm sorry but it had to be said. They live in the same town as we do (they can literally get to our house in like 5 minutes) but go a whole year without calling us and never even buy the kids anything for Christmas. They're very self-centered people. They don't like me because they always thought I was too good for their son. I never gave them that impression, it was just because we had a better house than they did so they thought my parents were rich and naturally that would make me a snob.

I've been with him 11 years now and they still don't want anything to do with us or their grandkids. It infuriates me how they are so into their own lives that they don't care about anyone else. Instead of being in their lives, their impression is "well why do they need us when his MIL takes care of them?" It shouldn't be that way. Unfortunately that's how some people are.

Some people are so selfish! It makes me so mad for you guys. I'm really lucky, we both have really small families and we have our differences with either side but everyone gets along and I love my MIL... Maybe even weirdly oddly more than my own mom, she's just everything I wanted in my mom that my mom couldn't be. But both sides are very giving. We don't really have dads , DHs passed away and mine lives across country and only talks to me long enough to drive me insane... So we are lucky that our moms are so helpful. But it makes me angry that other people have crappy relatives like that! You guys deserve better!

Wow dragonfly you folks sound just amazing. You deffo dont need that in your life. Baby doesnt need them

Sorry you are going through that with the parents Dragonfly. I just don't understand people sometimes. Babies really are miracles, how can somebody NOT be excited for that???

I have no filter or tolerance in pregnancy either. I usually keep my mouth shut, but I'm finding it very hard to do right now too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->