August 2016 watermelons!

Everyone seems to be feeling movement already, I've had a small amount here and there but nothing too crazy and now I'm starting to get anxious. So ready to feel babes and can't wait until April 13th when I find out if it's a boy or girl

I'm sure Lily is fine 1nce. I've seen videos of dogs pawing really hard at women's stomachs and everything has been fine. Like Tani said, they are well protected. I get worried about our dog too, luckily he's so long he always gets me in my intestines instead of the uterus... but it still hurts! Funny she punched or kicked you in response lol

2 more weeks until we see Lexie again!!

Thanks guys :) yeah my dog usually crawls over my stomach but he got so excited when he saw my DH was home that he used me as a trampoline to get off the couch lol . But lily has been moving around so I think she's ok. It's so awesome I can feel her sometimes now.

Angel- I just started feeling definitive movement this week. It kind of came up all of a sudden where I wasn't sure if it was her then BAM yup definitely her. And I mainly feel her within the hour after I eat or so, and like if I was moving around a lot and then lay down on the couch, I'll feel it when I become inactive. You'll feel it soon!

1nce i'm sure you are ok! My 29lb 18 month old son climbs all over me lol.

Angel - you're still early enough to not feel anything. When I was 17/18 I didn't feel anything. I started feeling more kicks after my 20 week scan. She must have bugged him enough to get out of the comfy zone :haha:

I too feel movement down low. I've never felt anything up high yet and nothing strong enough to feel on the outside. I don't even feel like going to work anymore :haha: My job is physical and I am so over it. Eventually i'll have to go from full time to part time just because I can't do what is expected of me. I feel way more stressed this pregnancy than my last.

Angel I wouldn't worry too much. Most girls on here didn't feel movement until after the halfway point in their pregnancies. I'm on my third and supposedly you're supposed to feel movement sooner in subsequent pregnancies... not true for me. I didn't start feeling my LO until about a week ago and they started out very few and in between. Now she kicks me all day long. It'll come, just give it time.

Babydust I hear ya on the work thing. I only have a part time job but my hips are already killing me from standing so much. I have pelvic girdle pain and it is agonizing when I come home from work. Today when I was walking out through the parking lot, I had a random attack hit me. It was a sharp pain that felt like someone was stabbing a knife in my butt. I made it to the car but for a minute there I thought I was going to have to call the paramedics to take me to my car :haha: This pregnancy is so much harder than my others.

Speaking of dogs jumping on the uterus.. my dog did the same thing last night. It is hard not to freak out over. I think it hurt me more than the baby.

The husband thought he felt a kick last night! I couldn't tell if she kicked or not, it's hard to tell with someone else's hand on your stomach. This is whole new territory for us. I'm excited for when hubby can feel her everyday and talk to her and bond. <3 The time is almost here!

Thanks ladies! I think I might have spoken just a little too soon, I started feeling babes move yesterday and so far I've felt him/her at least 3-4 times today moving around. It's subtle but definitely there. I feel silly for being worried but I think we're all going to worry from now on about little things. 18 weeks must have been the magic number.

I have a feeling that work in general is a killer during pregnancy. I sit at my job all day long and the back pain is starting to get to me. If I don't stand up at least once or twice an hour I'm dying. Hopefully we'll find that balance soon.

Angel- I'm glad you felt your LO kick. Isn't it wonderful :)

My anatomy scan is on Tues. I'm really excited/ nervous maybe she is a he or they find something crazy wrong.

We bought the nursery paint and I ordered a lamp for the nursery. trying to spread out nursery purchases so I don't go crazy and spend our life savings on it lol

Things will go perfect with your anatomy scan tomorrow 1nce. Spreading out nursery purchases is going to be a good idea. I know OH and I are still working on cleaning out the mess that is our second bedroom so we aren't even close yet to organizing. The one thing I want new though is a bedroom set with the crib and dresser. Everything else can be mis-matched but that's the one new thing I want even though it's pricey.

I've been hesitating on the nursery, 'just in case' something goes wrong. I feel so lame about it. :(

Spreading out purchases is a great plan. I've been buying little bits each month.

We haven't bought anything really yet, fairycat. For the same reason. I bought a lamp and the paint, and we have to fix the room up regardless it needs new windows and trim boards and paint. I only have two little outfits and the lamp and the paint lol but I've been certainly looking at a ton of stuff and wanting to buy it haha.

Glad, but sad, I'm not the only one! You're farther than we are, it sounds. We need to paint and I need to get the room cleared out. I started to and then stopped. If stuff is in there, there's an excuse not to do anything to it. Sigh. I wish I could just feel 100% comfortable. I'm more comfortable than I was a month ago, so I guess that's progress.

Ive only a few bits of clothing left to buy :blush: i tend to get panicky if i leave stuff. Id rather buy then i can concentrate on the next thing (holiday in may, mot in august, oscar bday in sept, xmas)

I feel like the fear of something happening doesn't go away. It just evolved into a different fear. I'm sure when the baby is here, I'll be like terrified of SIDS and be the crazy mom who watches her kid breathe all the time lol. I will say feeling kicks has alleviated some stress cause every time I start to drift into nightmare land , I feel her kick and think okay everything must be okay lol .

I figure a lot of the things we won't buy till after a baby shower. I do plan on decorating the nursery and getting the furniture prior to that though , everything else will wait till after.

Getting pregnant and having a baby is just terrifying. I'm sure every first time mom worries and everything but I try to explain to other people, if something happens I can't just get pregnant again. It involves invasive tests and procedures and a billion needle pokes and I never want to ever do any of that stuff again. Never mind the fact it's terribly expensive, like 30k for everything I've had done over the past year and a half. We had great insurance but it won't be like that forever.

I think cause of those experiences I'm more worrisome than perhaps I should be idk.

Totally understandable 1nce. If I were in your shoes I'd be walking on eggshells everyday.. like this baby better be born and healthy. I'd be terrified to go through all that! I admire people who do, with or without success. I'm sure it's not an easy thing to go through - financially, mentally, emotionally.

Part of our problem is we still don't know what we need for the baby. We'll buy furniture and have bought some clothes, but other than that my registry is not where it should be. Our shower isn't until July, which makes me super nervous! So we won't have much time to buy what we don't receive at the shower. I wish we could do the shower earlier, but my sis in law who is helping will be out of state :(

We will be moving in the next few months so I'm trying to downsize. I have quite a lot of the baby stuff though. The biggest thing was a car which is done now, I need a new car seat for baby now as we got rid of our old one.

Fairy- we haven't even started a registry, I hope to start one this weekend. That stinks it has to be kind of closer to your due date. But so many people told me they got a lot of stuff after they had the baby, my friend was out getting stuff at Walmart like a week later. For some reason I get the image that people can't go out and get stuff after a baby, I want to have everything before hand ! Haha. I'm sure it's going to be okay for all of us. I prob won't buy too many clothes because I assume most people kind of buy clothes at a shower.

I think I'm gonna be panicking about the stuff you need like right before. Right now I get so confused by baby stuff, I'm like what's the best stroller/bottle/car seat/Diaper ??? There's too many things! I can't have this many choices lol

I had my anatomy scan . My baby has an EIF on her heart ... The doctor is scheduling a second level ultrasound. He said 99 percent of the time everything's okay.

I hope everything goes okay for you 1nce. I know this will bring you worry, but 99% is a good sign that everything will be okay.

Hearing what everyone has bought is great but makes me feel like I'm super prepared already. I (like Tani) like to be super prepared.
I have loads of clothes (new and eBay), ordered the pram travel system, bought the car seat, and started painting the nursery this week.
So nesting has definitely settled in.
I'm too excited to really be worrying, but I do know that things can still not work out how we would expect.
My DH and I are going on holidays for 6 weeks starting next week. So maybe that's one reason why I'm organising things earlier.
However I must be patient and wait till after the baby shower in July till I purchase anything else. But everything is so cute! It's hard not to buy things.

I hope everything is ok with baby 1nce! Let us know when you find out <3

Baby stuff confuses me too. Every time I decide on something, I feel like I've conquered the world! lol Our registry is tiny, but I keep adding 1 or 2 things everyday when I get bored at work. So far we have infant and convertible car seats, a high chair, some scratch mittens, a few pacifiers, a few onesies, some wipes, a couple books, a toy, and some bedding hubby and I need to discuss. I'll let hubby pick out the stroller, he's picky and wants a running stroller for when we go to events in the grass or on gravel.

I don't know what else there is! Aagh! I'm so confused on the swings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->