August 2016 watermelons!

Yay congrats on halfway 1nce.

We cannot name this baby. Weve both gone of tyler. Oh wants oliver but im not keen on 2 O names. Or jack which i like but not 100% sure. He hates all my suggestions

Happy 20 1nce!

We've finally decided on a name - Alexis. Still using Lexie for short. I used my girl name on my cat when I was in high school - I never wanted a baby and could never see myself having one. Welp. I'm still using it! We'll just have to stick to Lexie until the cat's gone. Plus change the name of our echo, since she answers every time we call the cat lol.

A little over 19 weeks and I have to just share that babes has been moving constantly today. I am so excited, it was awesome to feel him/her move once or twice a day but to notice it throughout the day is the coolest feeling.

Have you ladies ever been having a conversation while babes is moving? It's kind of awkward depending on the convo to try and ignore it and carry on like nothing is moving around inside of you. Something to get used to for awhile I guess

I hope everyone is doing well! I am 23 weeks today. Feeling the baby move a lot more. He loves kicking me in bladder :haha: I think we are going with the name Asher. Not sure yet but it's the 1 name we both agree on. I have to call and schedule an apt for an ultrasound next Thursday. The tech couldn't see certain things around his heart so she wanted us to come back in to try again.

Can't believe most of us are half way through!! We should all pretty much know what we're having by now unless you're team yellow. Now I hope we all have a smooth ride this second half!

Fairycat- love the name and nickname :)

Angel- isn't it awesome feeling the babe a lot ? I kind of like feeling her during conversation, I feel like it's my little secret haha like I'm feeling something special they don't know about lol

Babydust- Asher is so cute!!! Also, my baby was stubborn too and they couldn't get pics of half the heart. She was breach and folded in half haha

Asher is really cute! I don't know what I'm having yet but I'm at the very end of the month so I'll find out in 8 more days. I've been counting down since 15 lol.

1nce, it does feel like I'm keeping a secret, yesterday anyway. The day before my friend noticed I had a weird look on my face so she guessed what was going on. The first time was different but I'm slowly getting used to it.

Angel - It's happened a couple of times, and it's awkward when she startles me and I gasp, or it feels weird and I'm squirming around. People look at me funny :p

babydust - Asher is such an adorable name! Happy 23!

1nce - Thanks! :)

Hi Ladies

I had my check up yesterday with the gynae,
We got to see peanut again.
He kept on kicking the gynae hand off my tummy, lol.
Gynae says he is big, and that I will definately not be able to give normal birth, he said that we fall pregnant to have a baby not to deliver, and he would rather put my safety 1st.

I also really like the name Asher, was going to give peanut 2nd name Asher, but nothing confirmed yet.

Peanut has been moving and kicking alot lately, all day long......

Lexie June is measuring spot on, a day early! I wanted to confirm she was a girl, but she was sitting indian style so the tech couldn't see. Good girl, Lexie! She's already covering herself up :D It was so amazing to see how much she's grown, and look at those cute chubby cheeks!! I can tell she is going to have the prettiest eyes. I love finally having a good profile so I can get an inkling of what she looks like <3

My bloodwork was good, I don't have any crazy diseases or anemia. I talked to the doc about the GD test, I don't feel comfortable doing it. I think I am going to opt for going to the diabetic center and pricking my finger for a couple of weeks. I'd much rather do that.

I also gained 4lbs since my appt 3 weeks ago. This girl is a pig. I just ate lunch and I'm still starving.

Attachments

• 20w6d - 1.jpg
    20w6d - 1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20w6d -2.jpg
    20w6d -2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 3
Awesome scan pics fairy :cloud9:

I hated my gd test. I didnt have it but the test itself made me feel really ill

Thanks! That's good you don't have it! Yeah... I get a headache after 5 jelly beans. I can't imagine 28. Forget it.

Love your u/s photos fairy!!

Luckily we have gotten the shots for gender both times but my baby is always in a bad ultrasound position! She's always folded up, I swear she's either camera shy or a gymnast!!

I wish we could've gotten the gender shot. I'm not ultra worried she's a boy, but it'd be nice to confirm. It sounds like I won't get any other ultrasounds, unless something is wrong :( I'd have to go private. That breaks my heart.

We will probably pay for a fancy 3D one in a few months, but I do get to see Lily on Monday and I wish there wasn't a reason we had to! It's a double edged sword! Maybe you'll get a growth scan later on , some of my friends had ones later on. I'm not sure if they were worried about something though.

My doc doesn't like to do a lot of ultrasounds if there's no reason to, he told me that at our appointment yesterday. Boooo! All docs do things differently. Some are u/s happy and others aren't. Mine is a touch older, so probably more old school. I'm still trying to decide if I want to do a 3D/4D one. The more I think about it, the more I want to do one, just for the fact I'd like another chance to make sure she's a girl lol. Plus I'd love to see her face in more detail. If that's the only way to get another one, we might do it.

Yeah my doc office typically does three ultrasounds when you first find out, 12 weeks if you opt for the NT scan, and an anatomy scan at 18-22. The 2 others I've had were cause we've paid for them, and this one is because there's an issue. I figure we will pay for at least one more. After fertility treatments it made me feel better to see her when I couldn't feel her. Now that I feel her, I do worry slightly less..... Slightly. If her anatomy scan had come out perfect I would worry even less than that. I just built ultrasounds into our budget because I felt like it was a small price to pay for anxiety relief lol. I know I'm a little crazy

My midwife was old school and very natural about everything. She only would give 1 ultrasound, the 20 week anatomy, as long as everything in the pregnancy was going well. The doctor I have now is very medical. She gives everyone regardless of history an early dating scan and the 20 week anatomy scan. The NT scan at 12 weeks is only for those with high risk pregnancies.

That's not crazy, I know exactly how you feel on that front. After our loss, I asked doc for an extra ultrasound. And then when I had my bleeding scares, he did another extra one. I'm lucky to have had the extra ones, but not the reason why I had to have them. That's why I bought my doppler, just to make sure she was still alive. Now I don't even use it anymore since I can feel her strongly everyday. You have to do what you have to do for your anxiety and your sanity. This is not an easy time for any of us pregnant ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->