August 2016 watermelons!

Hi ladies, mind if I join? I have gotten 3 very faint positives on IC tests. I have done a digital that came back as not pregnant but had 2 faint positives after that. I think I may be pregnant just waiting for a for sure positive before I let myself get overly excited. I am 3 days late and my boobs are starting to feel heavy so I am hopeful that this is the real deal.

Sounds like it's just early days Magan, try a digi again in a few days when your lines are a bit darker. Congrats tho, a line is a line!

If this is a true positive I believe our due dates would be the same Mrs W.

Yes sounds like it Hun, I was 4 weeks on Friday so if you're 3 days late we will be the same!! Due date 20th August I believe!! Summer babies!! X

Yep that's what the due date calculator said for me. August 20th. My son was born in May I guess I will find out why everyone said I was lucky not to be pregnant all summer lol.

Yeah, I'm not fond of the thought of being pregnant in the summer... but if it means a healthy baby, it will all be worth it!

I like the summer pregnancy outfits better anyway to show off our bumps! My former due date was February so I would have been all bundled up with a big old bump right now. Weird!

I'm not even late yet, so it seems weird to know already!

My dd was a July baby and it wasn't too bad being pregnant in summer but I'm in the Uk so it's not that hot!! It was lovely having a summer baby though, taking her for walks in the pram and not worrying she'd freeze! Plus it wasn't cold when I was getting every 2-3 hours at night to feed her, that bit would be worse in winter I think. X

You both bring up excellent points! Plus I guess it'd be easier to loose pregnancy weight in the summer/fall while it's still warm, eh?

My boobs are getting more sore by the day. :( And these headaches just won't stay away.

I need a quick rant to people who will understand my frustration.

I called my insurance company to make sure the clinic who said I was high risk actually did it so I could see a dr asap. I said they put the referral in before I left the clinic (Wednesday)They JUST put it in TODAY. It takes days to be processed to other clinic. Ok no big deal. They didn't note they told me I was high risk so I was told I wouldn't be seen until 12 weeks!! Wtf. I don't think so?! So now it's more than apparent I was being discriminated against because they were a Catholic clinic who disapproved of an abortion I had years ago. (I know the subject is touchy. Let me just say it was the hardest decision I've ever made) Anyway, I'll be 38 by the time I see a dr for even blood work. I've never had to wait so long. I don't understand. I called the insurance company back and explained that it made no sense. She agreed it was ridiculous and I'm hoping to be seen at 7 weeks like I should be. I'm so angry at that other clinic! For a group of people claiming to do Gods work, they're gambling with the health of an unborn child because they disapprove of a decision I made years ago. I tried explaining to DH why I was upset, but he doesn't understand the importance of seeing a dr sooner than later especially considering my age. (Blood work and all that) He's young and naive (23) and I think he sees me as young also and doesn't realize that at my age having a baby comes with extra risks. I'm so frustrated. Ok rant over.

Side note...ill be big and pregnant in TX this summer. It will feel like I'm in the pits of hell. :laugh2:

Holliems that's crazy that they are waiting until 12 weeks, especially if they classified you as high risk. It's good to get the blood work done and make sure everything is going the way that it should. I'm a little worried because I don't go in for a scan until 9 weeks and I lost my last one at 7 weeks.

Have you looked elsewhere for prenatal care that isn't a Catholic clinic? I agree that it's pretty terrible to discriminate because of a mistake made when you were younger, I don't think I would ever go back to that clinic.

Holliems that's crazy that they are waiting until 12 weeks, especially if they classified you as high risk. It's good to get the blood work done and make sure everything is going the way that it should. I'm a little worried because I don't go in for a scan until 9 weeks and I lost my last one at 7 weeks.

Have you looked elsewhere for prenatal care that isn't a Catholic clinic? I agree that it's pretty terrible to discriminate because of a mistake made when you were younger, I don't think I would ever go back to that clinic.

Oh, Ill never go back there! They sent me a survey and I put in a bad review. I just got off the phone with the clinic the Catholic clinic referred me to. They booked me for my first appointment for Dec. 28th. Im SO relieved. I will be 7 weeks that day. Im not sure what to expect, but I assume they will atleast do bloodwork.

Hello, everyone! I'm new to the forum and was referred here by a good friend who had a wonderful experience here during her pregnancy. I'm 37 and currently expecting my first after a bit of a struggle with fertility issues. I had an early scan a week ago, but there wasn't much to see. The doctor has me in for another scan this coming Thursday, and I'm so anxious and hopeful that we will see a heartbeat and all will be well. So far I figure I will be due around August 11, 2016.

I'm looking forward to meeting new friends, and I hope you will excuse me as I figure out how things work around here. :)

Oh Hollie, how awfully frustrating!!!! Some Catholics (not all) are so focused on religion that they forget about other people's feelings and what it's like to be an actual human being. I guess it's like that with any religion, but I know Catholics can be very strict. Screw them!! I don't believe in abortions, but no judgment here. You gotta do what's right for you at the time. I'm so glad they got you in at 7 weeks! That's a day before I'm seen, I'm excited to share stories! At the first appointment, they should give you a vaginal ultrasound, plus you'll pee in a cup and they'll probably do a pregnancy test. They may or may not offer you bloodwork. Every place does things differently though. I hope you get your u/s like you should get.

We've announced to both of my brothers now about our pregnancy. It feels nice to have something to get excited about again! I really feel like this pregnancy is normal this time, but there's always the thought at the back of my mind that the same thing will happen again. Sigh. I'm choosing to be hopeful! I think my mood swings are wearing off on my hubby. Also, my uterus feels warm tonight? I notice every little thing in my body, call me crazy. Hoping there's a good connection and blood exchange this time so we can have a healthy baby with a heartbeat.

Hi Shula! I hope your appointment goes well and you see a heartbeat! It's always so nerve-wracking. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Hi Shula! I hope your appointment goes well and you see a heartbeat! It's always so nerve-wracking. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Hi, fairycat! Thank you so much! And it's very nerve-wracking. I am worrying quite a bit, which is why I think my friend recommended this forum. :)

Thanks Fairy. I'm excited and super nervous about the appointment. I'm hoping for a scan too. My DD will be on break that day and I don't want her to know I'm pregnant just yet so it looks like DH won't be going in with me like I had wanted. I'm going to try to get it on video. I don't remember being so nervous about a pregnancy. I don't know why I feel it's doomed. I guess it's just that I want it so bad.

Hi, fairycat! Thank you so much! And it's very nerve-wracking. I am worrying quite a bit, which is why I think my friend recommended this forum. :)

Yeah, these forums are both good and bad, but so great for support! It scared me when I first came on here, but it prepared me for a lot of stuff I was clueless about.

Thanks Fairy. I'm excited and super nervous about the appointment. I'm hoping for a scan too. My DD will be on break that day and I don't want her to know I'm pregnant just yet so it looks like DH won't be going in with me like I had wanted. I'm going to try to get it on video. I don't remember being so nervous about a pregnancy. I don't know why I feel it's doomed. I guess it's just that I want it so bad.

Aw, that stinks! I don't think I could do it without my DH, you're brave! Hopefully it isn't doomed and you'll get great news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->