August 2016 watermelons!

I see your posts too Tani.

Awe Fairy <3 That's cute about the thunderstorm... poor girl. Wonder if when she's out if she'll still be afraid of them?

I've been having a hard time sleeping lately. My aches and pains keep me up, along with bad heartburn and getting up to pee at least twice a night. I'm finding it difficult to get in a comfortable position. Baby is all over my belly so no matter what position I'm in, I feel like I'm laying on her. When I use a pillow between my legs, I feel like I'm smothering her. Thankfully the third trimester is so close because I'm not sure how many more sleepless nights I can take.

Holy cow! I've been having some baby fever so I've been following the May babies thread and I saw that one of the girls due in May had a 12 lb. 15 oz. baby girl!

lilmiss - I feel the same, I always feel like I'm totally smashing her and will kill her lol. And dang, that is a large baby!!

Mine is just kicking my sides :rofl: I keep telling him mummy's bits are gonna be ruined enough without him trying to come out that way :haha:

Hubby picked up the crib from our friend's house last night! I cannot wait to put that thing together and have the room look like an actual nursery!! The changing table our friends gave us is not paintable, as it's not real wood and has that glossy feel to it :( I found a pretty cute changing table on Amazon that will match the crib pretty well. I'm excited for this room to come together. Now we need to figure out what to do with that other changing table. It's not exactly sturdy either. Maybe I can give it to my parents to use if they babysit.

Lilmiss- I wake up 2-3 times at night too, it sucks. I always have to pee and my uterus hurts if I try to hold it lol and my right side hurts because I can't get a good position to sleep but I do love my snoogle Prego pillow !

Does anyone have any good maternity nursing bras? I need a new bra. I'm normally a 36dd and my bra is strangling me. I ordered one online because I'm really lazy and it's a 40ddd and I'm hoping it fits or is even a little big so it fits when my boobs grow even more. But if others have suggestions for boobs on the bigger size I am willing to buy more.

I've been wondering about nursing bras too. In my March group they seem to swear by the Bravado bras. There are some chesty women in the group that use them and love them.

Fairycat- that's so exciting! We are thinking about putting together the furniture this weekend too. We chose pieces from different sets so they don't exactly match but they are all the ones I wanted kind of thing lol

Can't wait to see some pics !

I'm hoping maybe we can set up the crib today. I spent yesterday deep cleaning the bathroom upstairs and the kitchen. Omg, the bathroom was so disgusting. My husband has been cleaning the litterbox, and I swear I don't know how it gets way over to the toilet! I had to clean all the baseboards and scrub the floor next to them as well. It was such a job! I was so sore last night, and still am - but at least I can walk today.

I am in such a nesting mode, it's crazy. I had it so bad yesterday that I couldn't get to sleep until about 1am. I was just so wide awake wanting to clean everything lol

I envy you for nesting already. It's getting hard for me to even do regular housework, let alone think about getting the nursery set up. My aches and pains are making me a bit lazy. It'll probably kick in 2 weeks before the baby is born when I realize I HAVE to get stuff ready lol.

I'm too tired to do anything. I'm mentally planning the decoration instead &#128514;

We set up the nursery this weekend. The furniture is so much bigger than I expected it to be! I hear you ladies on the nesting mode.... I am systematically cleaning out each room and making lists and I just feel like I can't get the house cleaned up enough . DH is the one who wanted to put all the furniture together this weekend tho. I think he didn't want the boxes crowding up the garage anymore. There's a pic in my journal.

One of the few things hubby did yesterday (while I was frantically doing housework like a madwoman and making myself super sore) was put the crib together. 1nce i hear you on the furniture being big! It looks humungous in the room! The room was just looking big getting it cleaned out and now it looks so tiny again. The crib is so pretty. I put the changing table on our registry, but now I just want to buy it outright so we can get it looking like a true room.

Everyone seems to think its a boy again I am having and I have run out of boy names. I have 3 boys so I need to prepare for another one. I have a lovely girls name picked I can probably never use. My boys all have posh sounding names. William, Alexander and Myles.

Well ladies... now that we're all around or past V-day, it's time to start thinking about birth. After my GD test my doctor is going to give me a booklet to write out my birth plan to turn in at my next appointment. As with my first two, I plan on going all natural without medications. I gave birth on my back both times but this time I want to try to give birth either standing or kneeling. From videos I've watched it seems like those positions make it a little easier and less painful to get the baby out. Does anyone else have a birth plan in mind yet?

My plan

No meds except gas and air
Be as mobile as possible
Birth in squatting position it possible - not sure if hospital has squat bar

I don't want -
To be constantly monitored
Be laid on my back for more than 15 mins at a time
To be offered any pain meds
Have baby delivered on to my chest. Blood and yuck isn't for me

I'm going to use the birthing bar that attaches to the bed to squat. I don't know how that will work though, getting blood and poop all over the bed and then being handed the baby? I guess they have a plan for that sort of thing?

I really want to try hypnobirthing and go natural if I can, or as long as I can.

I want the baby wiped clean before I touch her.

I'd like to be able to get out of bed and do some exercises to help the pain along. I really like the cat pose for my back and hips.

I realize some things may not go as planned, and I really don't know what to expect. At least I have an idea of what I want now after doing a bit of research.

I have no idea! My childbirth class isn't until I'm 37 weeks, and I've never done this before. My plan consists of more like going with the flow? I'm going to attempt no epidural, but if I don't make it i am okay with that. I want to have the baby delivered onto a blanket on my chest and cleaned off there, and do skin to skin right after. But that's all I know. I'm so scared having never done this before.

4th birth I am scared :( I been through many types of birth. Here they want you natural. Will only intervene if need be like c sections. But going that I have a chronic illness thats really made things worse on me with 3 kids as it is I am nervous. I had no pain meds last time and it was the most painful birth. I had a doula now I dont and I really want another but there are none here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->