August 2016 watermelons!

Sorry I've been awol for so long ladies, I have been stalking when I can! On holiday this week so lots of time to relax! Been a stressful few weeks with a week in hospital after bleeding but all is ok thankfully.

I'll most likely be having a c section at 39 weeks due to precious emcs and my placenta previa. Last time I asked them to clean baby up and hand her to me wrapped up and because the emcs was all rushed, I was ill due to pph and very tired after being awake for 36 hours we never got skin to skin. This time, I am going to ask them to pass baby straight to me once he's born and not to clean him up and I want skin to skin as soon as possible. I'm also planning to choose music to be playing if possible.

Hope everyone is well xx

Home birth with minimal intervention and drugs, like my last home birth we will use the pool

Baby delivered onto chest.

Skin to skin

Deliver placenta naturally

Happy 29 weeks to me.

I am officially allowed to start maternity leave as of today. In reality I still have 9+ weeks left :-(

Had an ultrasound today (pic in my journal). Lily is so stubborn and doesn't like to play nice to give good measurements lol ... Ah well all turned out fine . Gestational Diabetes test Monday , I don't wannaaaaa!

They were like yah so many people fail the first time and have to do a three hour one . I don't have time to sit at a doctors for three hours!

They were like yah so many people fail the first time and have to do a three hour one . I don't have time to sit at a doctors for three hours!

Its an entire day they want here. I got 3 kid to get up for schools, no car, no lift to hospital at that time, no way I will be able to starve as I will throw up acid and become weak. I never had one of these tests before.

We do 2 hours and then you either pass or fail. No retaking

That's how I think it should be. You either pass or fail, no second chances. Of course then a lot of us would probably be misdiagnosed with GD if we ate too much for breakfast or something. I like the way my midwife used to do it. She used to just have me eat what I would normally eat throughout the day and then come in later to draw my blood. No nasty drink that purposely hikes your blood sugar. Based on that would tell her if I had diabetes or not.

We have to fast for 12 hrs prior.

I think the week of finger pricking would be more accurate. But you'd get user errors so much it would be worthless

Mine isn't even a fasting one . They said I could eat what I want and drink what I want. How accurate can that be

Hey ladies, sorry I have been awol too. My holiday to Australia to see my family and friends was fantastic. I was loving going out for lunch and dinner and wasn't worrying too much about my weight.
Only issue I had was Reflux after a big meal. Little Jonathan got spoilt and I have had to leave the blankets behind that we were given. But my parents are flying to the UK 3 days after my due date, so they will bring them.
The flights were horrid, I get travel sickness and just found that I couldn't eat as I'd be sick not long after. I tried just eating ginger nut biscuits and plain biscuits.
I felt like I was getting Haemorroids after the long flight, but now I'm just constipated.
It's great to hear how everyone is, and the nursery plans.
I'm not sure if I have to do the GTT test. Guess I'll find out on Wednesday when I see the Midwife.

Welcome back Lilred! Glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday but so sorry about the cruddy flights. I hate flying too and have to take sickness medications when I fly or else I get really nauseated. We just took a trip to Minnesota here in the States a few weeks ago and decided to go by car instead of flying because my doctor wouldn't allow me to take anything for nausea during the flight while pregnant.

Anyone experiencing stabbing pains in their cervix?

I've had some odd pains in my bits. Not sure if it's cervix or not. Kinda feels like there's a foot in there

I got stabbing pains earlier on but haven't had them in a while. Now it's like some days I feel like a pressure down there that is really uncomfortable.

I get that pressure feeling too. I'm not sure what that is from. I'll ask at my next appointment.

I had stabbing pains in my cervix in my other pregnancies but only when I started dilating. I'm hoping it is just my mucus plug regenerating or something and that I'm not dilating already :(

Well I did the test , I guess tomorrow I'll get the results. I hope I didn't fail I really don't have time to take off half a day to do a three hour one.

Well I did the test , I guess tomorrow I'll get the results. I hope I didn't fail I really don't have time to take off half a day to do a three hour one.

Good luck for your results! Hopefully you passed. I know what you mean, it is hard to find time for 3 hours at the doctor. They don't take that into consideration that people do have lives :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->