August 2016 watermelons!

Good luck with the results 1nce! Hope you don't fail.

I start my GD testing on Thursday. Finger pricks at home for 2 weeks. Can't wait to get this over with.

I used to get shooting pains, but not so much anymore. But boy, do I ever feel her kick my pelvic area. She is not gentle about anything lol

I'm already ready to just have this baby. I can't imagine getting bigger. I am starting to get a bit crampy. The occasional BH will be crampy too.

Thanks guys. The drink itself wasn't that horrible... Except you have to chug it in five minutes and it was super sweet. Afterwards I felt like you would expect, super hyper and then crashed from a sugar rush I'm guessing. But the drink wasn't like gagging me or anything. The pregnant girl with me in the waiting room told me tho that if you have to do the three hour one its way sweeter too .

I'm so sorry to hear that :( The GD test is the worst test a pregnant woman has to take imo.

Sorry to hear that 1nce. Best wishes for the 3hr test.

I do get a pain in my pelvic area occasionally. I just thought it was ligament or growing pains.

I have gestational diabetes ☹️ Off to a diabetes counselor tomorrow. I'm not overweight or anything! Ugh. I don't have risk factors for it at all!

Ugh, that's horrible 1nce, I'm sorry :( Do you have to switch up your diet now, or do they put you on medication?

Officially in 3rd trimester today, it feels great!! 28 weeks. My bump is really popping too! I started my blood sugar testing from home today, and it was 95 this morning. Happy to see a normal number, as I expected!

Ultrasound and get to see Lexie's sweet face in 2 days! Can't wait!

Attachments

• 28 weeks.jpg
    28 weeks.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 3
1nce I'm sorry to hear that. Having GD has nothing to do with weight apparently because I'm a big girl and was in the clear. I think it's mind blowing how it works. I know it sucks to have but the great thing is your baby is healthy and you can get the GD under control! *hugs*

Idk if it's just me but I thought the drink was good and wasn't that sweet lol. Maybe I'm just different. I mean I could taste the sugar but it wasn't like over bearing.

AFM I've been doing good. 30 weeks as of Monday. Feeling baby not move as much lately. Thank god for my Doppler bcz id be freaking out all of the time. I don't have anything ready for when the baby gets here. We're in the process of finding a house but no luck. We need a bigger house because this one is only 2 bedrooms. Hoping for miracles before baby is born

Fairy- love your bump :). Happy 3rd trimester ! I think they will have me do a diet for a week or two and test my sugars multiple times a day, and then they will decide if I need medicine for it, but I guess I'll find that out tomorrow.

babydust- the first drink wasn't too bad, it was super sweet but the second test it was yucky.... It's twice as sweet and it seemed like thicker than water so it costs your tongue and throat and yuck. I mean I didn't gag or anything but it was just gross . The first one was 50g I think and the second 100g

Thanks 1nce! I hope you can get your blood sugar to normal so you don't have to do medication. I really think they should just give everyone monitors to start off with. That second drink sounds disgusting, ew.

My BHs are out of control today. I'm getting them at least every hour. Ugh.. so uncomfortable and annoying!

Fairy I'm getting them a lot too which scares me because I never knew I was in labor with my first two. All I had were really strong BH. They weren't super painful, just uncomfortable. That said, I remember getting them early on with DS (can't remember exactly when) and I still didn't end up having him until 37 weeks. My midwife told me with him that if they become frequent, drink a full glass of water, two if I could, and wait an hour. If they cease, I was probably just a bit dehydrated. If they continued however she told me to call back and they would bring me in to monitor my contractions to tell if they were real or not. Thankfully they always went away after drinking enough.

I think my BH were from how I was sitting at work. I left work and only had 1 after that when I went to bed and was lying on my back. At least I know it's positional, so that makes me feel better. I'm so worried she's going to come super early. I at least want to make it til mid July. (Watch me go late now as I say this lol)

It seems like everyone is having BH. I haven't had any yet but on Monday my doctor told me if I was contracting at all I should call because it's not normal at this point of pregnancy, and I didn't like ask that question he just mentioned it. Maybe try to up your water intake? Or relax a little more? Another friend I follow on her said her doctor said BH are the body's way of telling you to slow down? I thought BH were only right at the end of pregnancy ?

I asked my midwife this at my appointment today and she said that it's ok to have BH, that some people just have a more irritable uterus than others (I being one of those people unfortunately) but as long as they're not regular, it should be fine. Fairy I also don't see myself going to my due date. I have a funny feeling I'll go between 35-37 weeks this time. I don't know why I feel that way.

BH are totally normal. It's your body's way of "practicing" and preparing for birth. I've read they start super early, but you don't feel them. Real contractions on the other hand are not normal this early.

I've had no letter from my hospital and my gtt was 2 weeks ago. That means I passed :happydance:

Sucks to hear about your GD 1nce. I hope you don't have to change too much of your diet to have normal readings.
Lovely bump fairycat.
Great news Tani.
And fingers crossed for the house hunting babydust.

I don't think I've have BH yet but I'm not sure what they would feel like either.

Apparently BH feel nice for the baby like a massage.

I have pressure in my butt today. I am sure I just need to fart, Dont know remember it with the rest but not this early on. I have been really tired and pushing self though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->