August 2016 watermelons!

Yes, not long to go now.

Bought two packs of size 1 nappies and a box of 10 packs of baby wipes :)
How many baby wipes should I need? (I got them on sale today)

I think that's a good start with the size 1 diapers (i think that's what nappies means lol). Seems babies stay in 2's and 3's the longest. As for wipes.... my son goes through a box of Pampers 504 pack in 5-6 weeks.

So busy lately with too many appointments. Things really need to slow down. At least I'll be busy to pass the time until baby is here.

Hubby and I had our first anniversary yesterday so took the day off work and did some fun stuff. We finally watched the raw video from our wedding, and I cried my eyes out lol. Didn't really cry on the day though. Darn hormones. It was nice to see hubby's perspective on the wedding day, not something I would've ever seen had it not been for video.

I'm so ready for this baby to come out. Ok, well, almost ready. We start birthing classes tomorrow, woohoo!

Fairy- I love watching my wedding video! good luck at birthing class!

Dragonfly- sorry about the thrush, did the doctor give you something to treat it?

This weekend is going to be sooooo busy, but all good things.

Saturday, I have a haircut in the morning and my baby shower in the afternoon... And Sunday is Father's Day / our second wedding anniversary.... I got DH a little card from our baby, and I bought him like a manly diaper bag and filled it w baby stuff.... I don't know if he will really appreciate it but I mean I think he will appreciate carrying a back pack more than a girly diaper purse lol and I think for our anniversary I'm going to buy him a movie he's been wanting, and take him to the movies and make dinner reservations. He's not the best *planner* so if I left our anniversary up to him... It would be like noon and he'd just be like "so what do you want to do today" lol. Oh well.

He bought me some clothes the other day and I said that's enough for an anniversary gift. He will prob still get me a little card and flowers though :)

That's a great idea about the manly diaper bag!!! Happy anniversary if I don't make it
on this weeekend!

Have fun at the shower 1nce.

I'm officially signed off my community midwife and will just be seeing the high risk team

I dont do docs stuff as it makes it worse , I know this from past experience. Best thing to do is wait till discharge changes back. I put cream on that I will be in tears and burning all night where as its just tender and defo should not be touched at the mo. Hope it passes soon though. I had it much worse in past as I was on anti biotics and thats one of the side effects for me. Strange I have it this time, so must be hormones.

Dragonfly- I hope the cream works and the thrush disappears soon.
1nce- Sounds like a full on weekend for you and your DH. Have a very happy Wedding anniversary and a good time at your baby shower :)
Fairycat- Enjoy birthing classes, I'm really looking forward to starting mine in July. And happy wedding anniversary.
Tani- all the best for your next ctg scan and appointments.

I'm seeing my OB tomorrow. And I'm looking forward to relaxing on the weekend. My DH is working all of it.

Dragonfly - That sucks about the thrush but hopefully the cream will help.
Fairy - It sounds like your schedule is pretty full. Can't wait to hear about how the birthing class goes. Happy belated anniversary btw.
1nce - I love that idea about the manly diaper bag! How creative! My DH is the same way. He never plans anything either. Happy anniversary to you as well!
Tani - Sucks that you have to leave your midwife for a high risk doctor but at least your baby will be in good hands.
Lilred - Good luck at your appointment! Hope you have a nice weekend despite your DH being unable to spend it with you.

My private 3D/4D scan is tomorrow. Can't wait to see baby's face. Last time I'll probably get to see her until birth, as long as no complications arise. Only 7-10 more weeks until we meet her. I say 7 weeks even though I'm 30 weeks because DS came at 37 weeks so it is highly possible this little girl will come early too.

Thanks marmoset.
The OB appointment went well. He was happy with my bloods. Baby Jonathan is breech, but has plenty of time to turn around.
Hope the private scan goes well Lilmisscaviar.
Have a great weekend ladies.

Glad to hear that Lilred! Baby has plenty of time to turn. I don't think they really start worrying until about 35/36 weeks.

Anyone have restless leg syndrome at night?

Private scan went well. Baby is measuring large for dates, which was to be expected given my past history, and they said she has long legs lol. Here are some 3D pictures of her face. I can't wait to kiss those chubby cheeks :)

Attachments

• BABY_14.jpg
    BABY_14.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 5
  • BABY_15.jpg
    BABY_15.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 3
  • BABY_16.jpg
    BABY_16.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 4
Thanks everyone for the anniversary wishes!

Lilmiss - she's so freaking adorable!

Birthing class went well, but it freaked me out a bit more. We watched a video of several women in labor and it makes me scared. We basically covered nutrition and exercises, and our homework is for the husband to tell us to relax each body part so they can see what it looks like when we have tension vs when we are relaxed. We are taking the class with one other couple, and we were both laughing while we were doing it in class. Nothing was funny, I guess it was just awkward. My husband has taken a liking to telling me to "melt my face". Yeah, that doesn't help the giggles any!

Been readmitted to hosp for more monitoring. There not happy with movements and some dips on ctg.

The scan was ok, weight gain was low and still behind at 30 weeks

Thinking of you Tani.
Gorgeous photos Lilmiss.
Glad to hear the birthing class went well Fairy :)

Thanks 1nce, Fairy and Lilred!

Fairy that's too funny! I bet it was really awkward. I can't believe they showed you labor videos though. It's like gee, thanks. Just what I wanted to see a couple months before I give birth, especially since most labor videos really exaggerate the pain. Hopefully the information they provide will help you when it comes to time. I never took those classes myself because they were always full up when I tried to schedule so I always wondered what they were like.

Prayers to you, Tani. Will be thinking of you and waiting for an update.

The labor videos were intended to show the different types of pain management techniques that she was telling us about. It wasn't that bad, just women focused, but you could tell they were in pain. Haha, she said there were no gory parts, but it showed a baby being spewed out and I had to look away. The other couple laughed at me and said it's too late, I've already signed up for this :p

Fairy - :haha: I guess we don't have to see what's going on at the 'buisness' end. What pain meds are avaliable to you? All the US Birth shows I've watched they seem to go straight to the epidural

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->