August 2016 watermelons!

Welcome Breeaa, and I hope you and I can both have an unmedicated birth. I have no idea what to expect (as this is my first) but am just wanting this baby to be born safely and healthy.

Fingers crossed Tani.

Are you reading any books or studying any methods? Labor is brutal! I'm terrified this time. I think pain management techniques and proper breathing techniques will be a big big help! Especially with you not knowing what to expect.

I blame my epidural last time on not being able to get out of bed thanks to my OB and being my first Vbac. I'm very determined this time though! Did you wait to find out what baby is too?

@Taninkins & @Mrs W, you girls are both so close! @Tani, I would install it whenever you feel the urge to. No harm in it being a little early if it makes you feel better having it done!

@onceuponatime, I'm super ready for baby but I think I need the extra time to prepare mentally too and this'll be my third. I was looking at a newborn baby this morning when I took my kids to a little water park and it made me both excited and terrified. In second guessing myself now. Enjoy the last few weeks making your nursery perfect and stocking up on cute little newborn outfits!

@lilmisscaviar, I'd love to avoid a big baby too!!! My first was 9.1 and second was 8.7. I'm scared I'll break 10 this time. Have you had any growth scans for an estimate? That's one thing I wish my midlife would do just to ease my curiously.

It is so crazy how soon it is until our babies are born. Tani I'm glad things are still going ok. Not too much longer. I am 34 weeks today. We may close on our house as early as next week. I may be moving into a new place when I go into labor. Kinda scary. I am thankful I'll be off work and can do more that I'll need to do to get the house in order and take care of my boys. Going to be very stressful though. Still not set on a name. Really don't like any names at all. It's so frustrating

Welcome Breeaa! :hi:

My midwife is pretty hands off. If it were up to her, I would only get one ultrasound a pregnancy at 20 weeks. I had to pay out of pocket at a private scanning place to get one done at 15 weeks to find out gender and again at 30 weeks. They estimated her weight to be a bit over 4 lbs. already at the 30 week scan. Since babies typically gain about a half pound a week in the third trimester, we're estimating a baby that's a bit over 9 lbs. if she goes to her due date, and even bigger if she is late. My DD was almost 9 lbs. at 2 days before her due date and I tore pretty badly with her so I'm hoping this one comes a bit early.

Ooh Lilmiss, and they say sometimes that each baby gets bigger and bigger. So I hope you do have an earlier birth too.

All the best on the move Babydust. I can understand why it would be stressful. But with plenty of support and help I'm sure it will go smoothly for you.

Tani and Mrs W get plenty of rest if you can for the next few weeks. The time is flying by, and although I'm only 30 weeks pregnant I'm freaking out a little inside. I'm praying that your premmie babies will be okay and that you and they won't have to stay in hospital to long.
Do you think you will start expressing earlier before the birth or do you have to wait till after?

Breeaa, I'm attending antenatal classes through the NCT in the UK. I was thinking of doing an online Lamaze course too. I go to Aquanatal which is great exercise but I get so tired after it. I mostly just believe in myself and am hoping I can get through labor, but I shouldn't be too hard on myself if I do need that added extra pain relief or help.
We found out we were having a boy at 14 weeks. The Down Sydrome screen was very high so I had a CVS and detailed scan to make sure all was okay. The CVS was all clear but my DH and I were so worried that we decided to find out the sex.

I think one of my sons has slapped cheek. Sigh. So now I am crapping it as I read horrible things online. I have a scan tomorrow so asking can they check my bloods see if I am immune.

Oh gosh, good luck Dragon fly, a worry you don't need just now. I hope your son is ok.

Thanks Lil red Mel, trying to get lots of rest but its hard with a 3 year old around. This time in 3 weeks he will be here! I cant express before hand as nipple stimulation can bring on labour and it would be very dangerous for me if I went into labour. NCT is brilliant, I hope you enjoy it. I did it with my dd and am still close friends with some of the group. Well worth doing to have friends during those early days who are going through the same as you.

Hi Breea! Hello to everyone else too!

Had a scan today and baby was et to weight 5lb 3 already!! What a chunky money, he will be big for a prem!!

I posted my most recent bump pic to Facebook and somebody's comments how I'm really lucky to be so small.

I know they don't know I'm having complications but still. I'm kinda annoyed, I'm so lucky my babies not growing properly. Yay me :'-(

Awww Tani- that stinks! I think they are just trying to pay you a compliment but they don't know your situation. People are constantly saying I'm small, and I'm not. I even asked my doctor yesterday if everything was OK because so many people say it ! And he told me everything measures fine and don't listen to other people, etc. I think what people really mean is like my friend said that to me the other day but I know the point of where I'm at in my pregnancy, she had gained like 40 lbs already and I've gained 7... So I guess to her I would look small. But people constantly saying it makes me think something might be wrong with me. I think all pregnant people look great in their own way :)

I think it's because I'm banned from milk shakes and French fries lol I'm gonna gain all the weight after she gets here.

Omg milkshakes and french fries are my vice too (especially fries dipped in the milkshake!) Haven't had any since GD so I miss them :(

Tani - just ignore people. I know it's hard to do. People are always making stupid comments to me too and it really stings sometimes, especially when you are having or had problems in the past. Nobody is "lucky" to be carrying any way - like 1nce said we all carry different. According to everybody else I should be having twins, so makes me feel extra fat and gross. However, I love the way I look and wouldn't change it for anything. At least baby is still in there and cooking!

My baby dropped this week. Don't know what that means.

Tani - Pregnancy is one of those things where people just make comments and never think about how inappropriate or hurtful them might be. I hope baby has a bit of a growth spurt before he arrives but if not he will be in the best place and will be just fine.

mmmm now I want a milkshake!! I have put on loads of weight, feel quite guilty about my eating incase that's why baby is a fatty :rofl:

Lol yessss I keep telling my husband as soon as this baby comes out I want a chocolate milk shake and a cold cut Italian sub.... Nommmmmmmmm

Had my scan today. Consultant I didnt like. Dont know who she was, I never see my own consultant. Baby is in position, placenta in good place. So thats good. But I got peed when again I asked for sex and was told they didnt check that. She refused to even let me see and didnt give me even a picture. Even the midwife behind her gave her faces. And my hospital do do that as the last few tried to see and couldnt. So I have to deal with again people constantly asking me what I am having and I dont know. :(

Lol yessss I keep telling my husband as soon as this baby comes out I want a chocolate milk shake and a cold cut Italian sub.... Nommmmmmmmm

As in subway? Because subways meat is fine to eat whilst pregnant :thumbup:

Theirs is OK but because of the GD I can't eat the bread so that's why too. I want a real one from an Italian resteraunt tho :) counting down the days lol

Tani a lot of ppl think I'm just fat and don't realize I'm pregnant. When I tell them I am and how far I am they get this look of shock on their face. I'm like..... *middle finger*

Mmm milkshakes and French fries. So good. I haven't ate well at all this pregnancy but for some crazy reason I gained twice as much with my last when I was watching more of what I was eating. This time I have gained 15-20 lbs. My first I gained 70!

I was exercising 4x a week until 31 weeks. I've gained on average less in the none exercise weeks than before

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->