August 2016 watermelons!

Tani- I'm sorry to hear that... Praying hard for you!! Hope everything turns out okay!

Honestly I'm ready for him to be born. Atleast it wouldn't be just me keeping him safe. I'm so stressed it's unreal

:hugs: try and relax Tani, you are in the best place and it sounds like either way he is coming soon now and will be in the best hands.

I too have decided to be admitted early next week until my baby is born in 2 weeks time. I am just so worried about going into labour, I really don't want to be in hospital but I know id never forgive myself if anything happened.

It is flying very fast. Fastest pregnancy ever for me. Probably as I am scared of the end bit and dont have even a doula or my wishes respected. I have a scan in 4 weeks so I think I will talk to midwife and demand never to have that consultant near me I need to have a word with someone ffs. They really have changed since I had my first you are basically in and out, not even human to them. :( sure other hospitals are not like this. Mine is. I had the same consultant for years and I have never met him. And you dont get assigned a specific midwife here its who ever works that day. And I am scared of labour :( I have fibromyalgia too. Pain is much worse on me.

Sorry I know there are people worse off in here. I shouldnt be complaining I have been lucky.

Mrs w - as sucks as hospital stays are I agree being admitted is probs best. Hope you've got some TV to catch up on.

Ctg was 'ok' repeating it again later and in the am. If all OK I can go home and wait for the scan on friday

Tani and Mrs W, it would be so hard to be away from your loved ones whilst you're in hospital and even trying to sleep. Though it is the best place.
(Almost everytime that I have slept somewhere unfamiliar I have bad dreams the first night to the point where i'm screaming. Very weird)
Try not to stress too much.
I'm hoping that you will both be okay and your babies will be too.

It's totally fine for you to vent Dragonfly. You have every right to after the way they have treated you.
I have a cousin with Fibromyalgia and have heard how painful it can be. Are there any birthing positions that are best?
I think I may have SPD and have read that labouring on your back and with stirrups could make the pain worse. So I hope I can labor how I feel at the time. Maybe in the birthing pool, on my side, squatting, or kneeling possibly.

Tani I think you're incredibly brave and patient for going through all this. I would be fed up to the gills if they kept re-admitting me, then releasing me. I'd just tell them to just keep me and get that baby out of me. To be in your shoes has to be tough.

Mrs. W kudos to you for preferring a hospital setting over laboring at home. It is understandable though I wouldn't have the guts to labor at the hospital. I'm afraid of hospital settings and prefer holding off as long as possible to get there. I would even birth in the parking lot if it were safe lol.

Dragonfly I'm sure you are struggling a lot after all you've went through. Yes, everybody has their troubles, but you do have a right to complain to us. That's what we're here for :hugs:

Lilred I suffer from bad spd too. It is getting so bad now that the nerves in my legs and back are being affected. Have you tried using a belly support band? I have to use it when I'm at work or at the store else I walk around like an old lady lol.

My latest complaint is the swelling in my feet. It hurts to walk sometimes. I've tried warm baths, soaking them and wear compression socks. Nothing helps. I hobble around like a turkey. Also, I've been getting nausea again, especially after I eat something. There's just no room in there anymore.

Today's ctg was fine.

If all stays as is induction will be on 11th July. That's a week on monday, that's soon.

With appts on
Fri 1st, sun 3rd, Tue 5th, Fri 8th

I'm a bit scared now :haha:

Lilmiss - I'd give your Dr a call about the swelling. Were told to ring straight away if we get any :hugs:

Dragon- I'm sorry about that consultant ! Is there any way to tell your MW that you don't want to see that consultant anymore?

Mrs w- that's a bummer you have to be admitted, but the hospital is safest place for you and baby.... Do they have wifi or cable or anything? Not that that'll keep you totally occupied, but it'll help. Or do you have friends that can visit you maybe to pass time ?

Tani- wow I can't believe you have the date already. I hope that all your tests come out good and you can at least get to July 11. I'm sure it's scary, but once you're holding your baby it'll all be worth it :)

you dont get a midwife here. You get ones testing urine but always different one each time. Really you dont get to talk to any one. :( Community ones tell you to see ones at hospital, hospital ones tell you to see your consultant who you never get to see but some other crappy consultant who dosnt listen.

Mrs. W kudos to you for preferring a hospital setting over laboring at home. It is understandable though I wouldn't have the guts to labor at the hospital. I'm afraid of hospital settings and prefer holding off as long as possible to get there. I would even birth in the parking lot if it were safe lol

If I went into labour Hun the vessels over my cervix would rupture and my baby would pass away within minutes so I have no choice. I don't think anyone likes hospitals, I'd love to labour at home but sadly no chance. I'm having a c section in 2 weeks X sorry to hear about the swelling, I'd get it checked too as its a sign of pre e sometimes.

1once yep there's wifi and I'll take books, magazines etc and watch netflicks on my iPad! Got a soft new nightie today and slippers!

Tani - glad Ctg was good! Our babies will be born at v similar times!

Thanks lilred x

Hi all,
I bought a support band today for the SPD. So I hope it may help. :)
Thank you Lilmiss, it sucks but it's good to know that we aren't the only ones to get it.
I hope you get time to put your legs up and relax.
Not too long to go now for us.
The countdown is on.

Mrs. W kudos to you for preferring a hospital setting over laboring at home. It is understandable though I wouldn't have the guts to labor at the hospital. I'm afraid of hospital settings and prefer holding off as long as possible to get there. I would even birth in the parking lot if it were safe lol

If I went into labour Hun the vessels over my cervix would rupture and my baby would pass away within minutes so I have no choice. I don't think anyone likes hospitals, I'd love to labour at home but sadly no chance. I'm having a c section in 2 weeks X sorry to hear about the swelling, I'd get it checked too as its a sign of pre e sometimes.

Mrs. W I thought this was a choice for you, I didn't read the thread you posted the other day about that in the third trimester section until after I wrote this. I realized then that you have no choice and I'm so sorry to hear that you have to go through this. I offer you all the hugs in the world and hope that everything goes smoothly :hugs:

The swelling is just from the usual edema, it isn't from pre-e thankfully. I get checked for it at every appointment. No protein has ever been found in my urine, my blood pressure is always a little on the low side rather than the high side that would signify pre-e and my midwife always checks my ankles for increased swelling. It is just from weight gain. I gain more than the typical person should and I have no idea why. Weight piles on me when I'm pregnant. I've already gained 45 lbs. so far and I still have 8 weeks left.

Thanks lilmiss, don't worry you weren't to know but thank you for your lovely comments.

Tani you never know! Lots of inductions are fast! Mine was slow though, induced on Thursday night, born on Saturday. I reckon you'll be 12th!

X

Scan today wasn't great but the sonogramer thinks that it may be down to over measuring on the last scan. He's now weighing 1.9kgs which is roughly 4lb 3oz with a 150g gain in 2 weeks. I know scans can be out 25% either way but o_O

We're looking at about a 4lb 8oz birth weight, tiny :/

Noticed my baby was in the 50th centile. Never had a growth chart with last ones so I cant remember.

Also cant get enough battered cod. So my wee stinks of fish. Charming.

Has anyone been told at their appointment that their baby is engaged yet? I was told at my mw appointment yesterday that baby is already stationed -3 engaged. Now I'm really worried I'll go into early labor, especially with all the BH and pelvic pressure I've been having. I feel like I have to pee almost constantly she is so low.

Lilmiss- I havent been told about engagemet. But I'm pretty sure after the 1st baby they can pop in anf out of the cervix :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->