August 2016 watermelons!

That's what I was told too Tani, that she might pop in and out of her stationing. I hope so because by the way she is going, I'm so scared I'll give birth prematurely. I'm not sure how you're handling the stress of possibly having a baby before 37 weeks so well but you've been very strong throughout all the times you've been admitted to the hospital.

They haven't been checking me at all yet... Not sure when they start doing that. I think they start at like 35-36 weeks or so.

Hey girls. I had a dr appt Monday and he checked me. No dilation and baby is still up high. He said I am starting to efface though. I'll be 36 weeks tmrw. So hard to believe this is almost over. I am ready to get my body back, but will be very sad to not feel anymore kicks in my belly. Really excited for labor. I know that sounds extremely odd but I can't wait to meet my son! I can wait, but I am so excited! I sit here and think that id love to eventually have another one BUT my son is currently going through the terrible 2s and I'm just like "idk if I can handle this again". lol he literally has been trying to control every aspect of our lives. It's been rough. Parenting is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. You are always second guessing yourself or feeling terrible being the bad guy. Ahh.

Babydust - mines having a real rough behaviour patch at the min. It's all focused at me though, all I get from him is he's said about it not being just mummy and him. Hoping he doesn't resent the Baby for too long

1nce it probably varies by location. At my office they usually check for engagement at each appointment but don't check for dilation until 36-37 weeks. Some don't check at all unless the patient requests or unless they feel like they're in labor.

Babydust glad to hear your LO is still high and staying put for now. I don't think it is odd to be excited for labor. I'm looking forward to meeting my LO too. I'm not saying I'm not scared at all but I do envy the girls in labor that are wheeled down to the L&D unit when I go to my mw appointments knowing that they'll have a new life in their arms within a few hours.

I'm with you both Babydust and Tani. My DS is going through his terrible twos (has actually been going on for a while now) and leaves me with some days when I'm wondering if we're making the right choice. I know when he's acting up in public that people are probably rolling their eyes and thinking "she really needs another one" but I think an issue with my DS is that he is a bit lonely. Adding a younger sibling will hopefully help him learn to interact with other kids. His older sister's a bit bossy with him and would much prefer playing with her cousins than playing with him. I'm sure it'll all work out but it is going to be rough in the beginning.

It's crazy how fast this year has/is going. August will be here in 4 weeks :wacko:

Can't wait to see everyone's tiny humans :cloud9:

Jealous you guys know where baby is positioned, mine doesn't check either. I had an appt yesterday and doc wants me on insulin still. :( I managed to keep my fasting numbers down last week, but not this week. Poop. I cried last night because I didn't want to take it. I don't want the hubby mad at me.. I feel guilty, but at the same time I get a bad feeling about taking it. Anyhow, I get an ultrasound in 2 weeks and the Strep B test (joy). After that I'll go weekly and will be hooked up to the monitor (joy again). He said if I don't take the insulin and baby measures big, he'll induce at 38 weeks. I don't want to be induced, but at least we'd have a date lol

Awww fairy I'm sorry about the tough choice! I think I'm gonna ask about position and weight tomorrow although my doctors appointments are so fast I feel like this particular doctor is always rushing... He always answers my questions and I know that he gets the same questions over and over but still. I kinda wanna know if my baby is head down yet or if they even bother estimating birth weight ... My friend had her baby with the same practice and she said they never gave her an estimated birth weight.

Fairy that's a tough choice. Personal having done both I'd try for spontaneous labour. But I always try and avoid medics like the plague :haha:

Also my docs don't give estimated birth weight as standard. I only know as I've had growth scams

Well if she's 8 lbs at 38 weeks and not even close to coming out, I would probably go for it. Otherwise, leave me be! I think I'd rather be induced than have a C section. Ultimately I want my doc to leave me alone and let everything go natural like they did back in the day. I mean, we came out ok!

I totally agree. I mean there's a time and place for intervention but sometimes I feel the docs are a bit out with it.

Like I've head a few times about docs inducing early as to get the babies born before there plans. Like the doc wanting a day off shouldn't come before a baby cooking another week

Hey girls. I had a dr appointment earlier today and he said last week baby was apparently measuring a little big. This week he is measuring even bigger. So I get to have an ultrasound next Thursday to see how big he is. Dr said I will be 37 weeks and considered full term so we will go from there. I am pretty excited! He said it could be a big baby, a lot of amniotic fluid or the way I am carrying him. So we will see. I have a huge feeling it's amniotic fluid because with my last pregnancy I had Polyhydramnios which means high fluid. I had double what should be in there. So we will see. Going to be a long weeks wait.

I have a rambo baby again, strong, limbs out every where. Makes me gasp. Same as the rest. Nothing else was mentioned on size after first scan only that all was fine. I have scan end of this month again. Maybe I get to actually converse with someone about birth. I realized its my 4th and no ones ever talked to me about options they basically in test your pee, scan you and send you home here. I may have to say something about that in our apparently great mat care and anti natel.

Other half has morning sickness again, I feel my hormones going up as I am now sniffing tumble dryer sheets and was withdrawing from laundry while the washing machine was being fixed. The smell is divine. Had this with my last pregnancies too.

According to doc my tummy is measuring right on. I don't know why they are worried about a big baby with me. I really think it's a non-issue. Just because my sugars are borderline... pfffft. Can't wait til the ultrasound in a couple of weeks, I hope she's still very average and my doc will shut up about things.

34 weeks today, can't believe how far I've come with her.

I can't believe after all these months our teeny people are gonna be here in a mater of weeks

i asked the doctor today about position and all he said was they check it eventually.... And then I said do you guess birth weight... And he said estimating birth weight is like "throwing darts at a dart board" ... And that my stomach "measures average".... I was not satisfied by those answers lol

Very vague Dr you have there 1nce.
I keep thinking how my entire life will change in a matter of weeks. It's incredible. I'm very much looking forward to motherhood and its challenges :)

This particular OB always seems like he's in a rush. He's not a bad doctor , but he's not like as personable as a different one I like.

I can't believe we're all talking about birth already! It seems surreal. I found out I am GBS+ though so that's kind of a bummer since I now have to have IV antibiotics during labor. It's going to affect my birth plans a bit. I'm not sure how long it'll take to go through a bag of antibiotics but I really hope laying in bed doesn't slow down labor too much. After seeing some of the things you other ladies are dealing with though, like GD, I don't feel so alone. We'll all get through this, no matter what the cost, and will have our babies in our arms before we know it <3

As to the big baby thing, I've been steadily measuring 2 weeks ahead my entire pregnancy, both by ultrasound and by belly measurements. Mine was measuring 4 lbs. 3 oz. at the 30 week scan I had done. If that is right and babies typically gain a half pound a week in the third trimester, she is probably about 5 1/2 lbs. now.

Btw I think it is interesting how Lilred's ticker says baby is the size of a squash at 32 weeks but doesn't say what kind of squash, and then Fairy's ticker says baby is the size of a butternut squash at 34 weeks. All these size comparisons are confusing :shrug:

1nce - my doc is vague too. I think some are just hesitant to tell you too much, because it's all estimated. Mine has told us he doesn't say too much just for the fact we could come back later and be like, "Well you told us this..." when it might not have been accurate. They could at least tell us the info and be clear it's estimated!!

Lilred's looks like more of an acorn squash or something, which is smaller. But yeah, these stupid size comparisons are way off. My app said this week is either a head of cabbage or a basketball hoop. Um, a basketball hoops is huge! Never makes any sense!

I'm going to try to make myself take insulin tonight. Try being the keyword... it may not happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->