August 2016 watermelons!

I have an ultrasound tmrw! I can't wait and so excited. He's measuring ahead so we will see if it's his weight or fluid.

Good luck Mrs W can't wait to hear how it all goes!!

He's estimated to be 7lb 5oz right now and looks exactly like his brother.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 8
Ladies, I totally freaked out about labor last night. Like really bad. Are there any words of comfort you can give me, if you've gone through it before? Is it going to be as bad as I think it is?

Don't get me wrong it hurts and it's probably the worst pain you will ever feel.

However it is also the best pain you will ever feel. Just keep.telling yourself '1 less contraction left' as soon as she's got the relief will be amazing and you'll instantly forget how painful the last hour/s have been.

How 'bad' your labour will be no-one can answer. But don't expect a TV birth, they are generally really just bad experiences for good tv

Fairy - some good advice I got was to not think about the pain. When you're having a contraction don't think "Oh God how am I going to get through this? This hurts. When will it stop?". Think of it as "I'm going to get through this. I'll get to see my baby soon. I'm almost there". Breathe through the contractions. Put your mind elsewhere. Think good positive thoughts. It will make the experience a little better for you. Once that baby is out and you hold your beautiful child you start to wonder how the hell you even did it! You feel like superwoman. The whole experience can suck, trust me. There's people who are in labor for days and push for hours and hours on end. Once it's all over though... the feeling is just unbelievable when you hold that baby!!

Thanks! That helps. I'm trying to focus my "oh god this is the worst pain I'll face in my life" to "my body is pushing baby out, work with it, it won't last forever." So hard to do!!

I also found counting to 10 slowly with my breath helped me breathe slower, i found It hurt less if I concentrated on the counting

I obviously only labourer first time but I think the more relaxed you can be the better. I used a tens machine which I recommend as it helps distract you and gives you a focus during contractions. I'd also learn some basic breathing exercises and hypno birthing techniques. You'll be fine, stay positive and remember millions of women do it everyday so you can do it! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->