August 2017

I won't be doing a registry or baby shower, never did with my first 3 either. I don't think it's really a big thing in the UK though it's getting more popular. To be very honest, all my family is in a different country and over here there's only 1 friend and my MIL anyway so there wouldn't be any point even if I wanted to.

I finally got my blood test results back from my midwife yesterday. I'm borderline iron deficient, so while she could prescribe me something for it she recommended trying a change in diet first to see how that deals with it. I'm fine with that, have an actual reason to buy steak now ;)

How's everyone feeling within themselves these days? I'm roughly 11 weeks now, and I'm finally starting to have some good days. I'm still tired, but no way near how I've been. I can actually stay awake the whole day now and do some stuff around the house which is a massive improvement. I had gone from a constant nausea, which was annoying enough, to waves of sickness the last few days. While I prefer the waves, the sickness was a lot worse and harder to deal with. I figured there had been 2 changes in those days,

1. I'd started eating full meals again, where as before I barely ate a thing due to the constant nausea.
2. I'd started having some fizzy drinks again (not many, but some).

So yesterday I cut out the fizzy drinks all together, and had much smaller meals more frequently. Today I'm feeling marvelous!! I know it's early in the day still and there's plenty of time to change it, but I haven't felt sick yet at all and I've got some energy back.

Here's to getting closer to 2nd trimester! =D

CountryBride, I just realised we were both in the October Owls 2015 group and now both due in August :winkwink: I hope it won't be too hard to manage our almost 2-year-olds when the babies come!

Oh cool, I just noticed that too! I'm basically terrified---even though this is exactly what I wanted--less than 2 year apart so they can be super close and enjoy each other's company. My brother is almost 8 years older than me, so we had basically nothing in common. But yeah, now that I'm actually certain I will dealing with a toddler and a newborn at the same time....It's scary!!

13+5 today for myself. In second trimester not but deinfately does not feel like it. Feeling awful, looking awful, overall just not myself. Hoping I'll be back to normal soon.

Erised I'm glad you are feeling better, hopefully stomaching more irony foods will help. :)

Countrybride I have the opposite experience. My older brother is three years older, and while we love each other and have each other's backs we don't talk. But my twin brothers are 9 years my younger so I helped out A LOT with them/my mom always taught them to treat me like a second mother so we are super tight. My older brother hasn't even said congratulations or asked about my baby, meanwhile both the twins called or texted to check on us. And you should see how pissed one gets when he talks about SO for abandoning me. They also bought baby Christmas presents.

Jasmine I'm sorry you are not feeling well :(. Hope the second tri relief kicks in soon

Hello everyone. I am due August 31st but we expect baby at least 3 weeks early as I have never carried a baby past 37.3. This is baby four, our last so maybe I will be lucky and hold him or her in there longer this time.

Hey ladies! Sorry I haven't been keeping up with thread, trying to update the front page with changes to due dates and newbies. I've had a little bit of an emotional hard time, probably will be discussing with my doctor at my visit next week I'm not sure if it's antenatal depression or just general moodiness from pregnancy, it is bad enough at times for me to consider the former. I'll try to catch up this evening!

Dobby- thank you, I hope so too! And I've gotta get on all that free stuff myself!

Mrs H - Hiya! Here's hoping baby bakes the full time this time!

OKAY LADIES! I tried to update everything, please let me know if I've missed someone or someone's changes or got something wrong and I'll get it corrected.

Also, do you want to start adding the yellow stork to every name until we get the answers and then change them?

Also, do we want to pick out a name? It was briefly mentioned earlier but as we are still getting new people I thought I'd ask now, we have a bit bigger of a group.

Hello Ladies! Didn't see an August 2017 thread, so here it is!

I just found out I'm due August 4th, 2017. Granted I was induced a wee bit early with DD and DS was born waaaay early, so I might not make it August!

Any more August mommies out there?

AUGUST

4th
misspriss

5th
Disneyfan88
craquinette

8th
Miskas mommy
spencerspiece

10th
British Mummy
sugarpuff

13th
Emiloo
sugarpuff
Rousseau31
jasminemarie

14th
CountryBride

16th
nixm

18th
ARuppe716
April12016
CrowBaby
Moet
xAmberLFCx

21st
cnsweeney

22nd
tntrying22

23rd
kittykat7210

24th
Letsgo

25th
jessthemess
luz

28th
gemmy

29th
megan3456
Erised

30th
GlowMama

31th
Mrs.H2016

To be Determined by Scan
skyraaa

THE AUGUST AMAZEBALLBABIES (joking) I have no idea about a name, I think the stork thing sounds cute!! Anyone technically able to produce a thingy for our signatures? I've seen other groups with them and I'm abit jelly!! XD

P.S I think I may have eaten too much chocolate... (I couldn't resist... I haven't had chocolate for 3 months XD) don't judge me!!

Ooh yeh they have officially made my due date the 22nd just so you're aware (it's only 1 day but you know... One day closer XD)

Miss ty for keeping it updated! You rock! :hugs: I hope you and your doctor can find some coping stuff. I like the idea of the storks but that just seems like extra work lol as for a name I am not clever so lolol

Welcome Mrs h! Hoping you have an easy delivery this time around

Also, Ive kind of played around with registries at babies r us and amazon. I like amazon's selection and completion discount, and I think there is a welcome box of some kind, but no one I know hardly shops online so a brick and mortar store is better - thus I need to do target or BRU. I may do a target one...but now I feel like I have registeries everywhere?

Which are best for things like completion discounts and things like that? I reckon we will be buying most of our stuff ourselves, but if we can save some money by putting it on our registry than buying it back off...

I have never had a right proper shower and it makes me sad. I live in the southern US, they are quite common and quite elaborate usually. I have been to countless friends showers. But my first showed up 6.5 weeks early, I had a shower on the books with work but family was not even planned yet. My work decided to go with a target giftcard instead of the shower, which was fine everyone chipped in and I felt cared for, more than I'd expect from the office. My grandma threw together a quick shower with all my great aunts I don't even know, I was about 10 days postpartum and DS was still in the NICU, it was rough. I got nothing I registered for, all disposable diapers (we did cloth as soon as we came home), it felt pointless but I guess it was the thought that counts. With my daughter, I was repeatedly told "Oh it's your second, no shower for you!" and it made me want to cry every time. Yes, she was my second, but should her birth not be celebrated as well? And besides, I didn't get a proper shower for my first! My in-laws had a makeshift, bring a few gifts to a holiday cookout kind of shower...again no one shopped my registry I just got a few little gifts, some bibs, etc.

I really wish, at some point in my life, I could have had a real shower. :cry:

I think target does 15% but I swear buy buy baby was 20% and they send you another after your due date in case you missed anything. I feel like even physical locations all do online stuff as well. I hear you I'm pregnant urging big stuff on there just to save money not for guests to get me but some of my mom's friends have money to burn so you never know lol

I have no idea what my work will do since I am new. I threw so many epic lunch showers that my old job would've have spoiled me but these guys... idk someone got married and all they did was leave out a cake.

I'd throw you a shower! :hugs:

The August alphabetti spaghettis!!! XD

The August areolas!!!

The August adventurers!!

The August elves!!

(Someone else come up with some because obviously I'm really bad at this)

And miss if it makes you feel better no one will throw us a shower either!!

August Auroras

August Almonds

August Apricots

August Azaleas

I have nothing lol

Ok I flipped out because I gained 5 lbs and then I realized you're totally allowed to gain weight first tri and then a lb a week in second so jokes on you belly!

I didn't gain any weight in first 13 weeks but now at 15 weeks I am up like 4 lbs!

Hey ladies can I join? I just now found this group. I swear I'm internet illiterate sometimes! Plus pregnancy brain on top of it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->