August 2017

Vaginal birth after c-section. I just learned that not too long ago so don't feel silly lol

I'm actually hoping to convince my doctor to let me have an elective c section. I want to tie my tunes, the way I want to raise my kid is only possible one and done. Since I'd be breastfeeding, I don't want to do anything hormonal. I'm already making arrangements to get breast augmentation a year after E is born (6 months bf, 6 months grace period before surgery) so I want my tubes tied asap and I'd rather not push = win win plus I'd have an excuse to miss more work haha

I had an emergency c section with my DS, prolapsed cord. A VBAC with my DD, which was so much easier to heal from (impo) , so that's why I am really hoping for another VBAC.
I wasn't able to bf my DS for very long, only a couple weeks. But I was able to make it 9 months exclusively and DD weaned herself.

Dobby - I'm planning on getting my tubes done during c-section, too (for my situation, it's safer to do a c-section than try for vbac). Though I do plan to ask my doctor about clipping them rather than tying them. I've read that ovarian cancer typically starts in the tubes, and clipping them could mitigate that risk. I'm at risk of bleeding extra, so I still need to find out about what's possible. Either way, DH and I always wanted 2 kids. DD1 was conceived via IVF, and DD2 was conceived naturally after we had given up hope of having another (we went through our last 3 genetically normal embryos last year and were not interested in doing more than the 2 IVF cycles that were needed to get DD1).

Our 20 week ultrasound is coming up on Friday. I finally started feeling her more obviously around 18 weeks, though it's still not as regular or pronounced as it was with DD1 with my anterior placenta this time around. I can't wait to see her again, though! <3

I also have my 20 week scan this Friday (finally!!!). I can't wait!
And I also have anterior placenta so I didn't start feeling early as everyone says you should with a second :cry: But now I definitely feel it (not super strong or often, but it's there! Yay!).
Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl!!

Congrats on your little boy Kryssy!!

We did the MaterniT21 test at 10.5 weeks, which is how we found out the gender so early. It's exciting that you are finding out in just a few days! :thumbup:

I have my 20 week scan on Friday as well! We paid to have a private gender scan done last week, this is the one scheduled by my dr.

Yes, that's super exciting! We're all anxiously waiting for Friday I bet!
I didn't found out with my first so this is a new experience!

If I wasn't switching doctor's, mine would be Thursday! *sigh*

My placenta is also anterior. I felt movement very early, like 10 weeks, but it was very few and far between until 19 weeks I finally started feeling what I'd call "frequent" movement. I felt more frequent movement earlier with my other pregnancies. It is all down very low too, the movement.

My anatomy scan is Monday but they denied my request to switch doctors r_r unamused. None of the doctors I like are accepting patients at either facility

I had to switch my appointment to Monday and may have to move it again. Dh's stupid work wouldn't grant him the time off. :(

I've been trying to make an appointment for my anatomy scan but it's been ridiculous!
Called Friday, no answer. Called Saturday, no answer, left a message, no call back. Knew they weren't in Sunday. Couldn't call Monday. Called yesterday "oh sorry due to the weather we aren't here. We will try to be in tomorrow."
Grrrr.
For those wondering, I'm Canadian, and we had a bit of a snow storm yesterday. Nothing that should have stopped them from being there though in my opinion it wasn't that bad. Probably because our weather has been so unusual lately.

My anatomy scan is tomorrow morning! 10:30 CST.

This will be with my old/current doctor, I already have my appointment set up with my new doctor for my next appointment. Switching for insurance reasons, no hard feelings towards the doctor(s).

Finally got through today, gotta wait until Monday though to have my ultrasound! But at least it's finally happening. Let's hope baby is feeling photogenic!

I had my anatomy scan yesterday. Everything looks good with baby.
It's a boy. I feel super guilty to be disappointed as I was hoping for a girl...

Aww sorry honey. Don't feel guilty about it. :hugs:

Excited for my three day weekend and scan monday

My anatomy scan is Wednesday and I am chomping at the bit.

No need to feel guilty about gender disappointment. It is a very common thing--completely understandable. But it will pass <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->