August 2017

Yeah I wouldn't dwell on feeling guilty too much it's completely normal.
I have a feeling when I have my scan Monday I'm going to let a ton of people down. Everyone around me wants a girl so bad, but I think it's gonna be a boy. I don't personally care the gender but part of me wants a girl just because everyone else wants one and I feel pressured even though I obviously can't control it. I'm sure some of you ladies know what I mean.

I also felt so much pressure to have a boy. I didn't care/personally wanted a girl, but I would hate letting down SO, my brothers, and my mom. :(. So I'm glad it worked out.

We had our scan today. Everything looked good, though baby was uncooperative to get a good image of the spine, so we go back for a bonus scan in a couple of weeks. The ultrasound tech confirmed what our MaterniT21 results told us a couple of months ago - we are definitely team pink again.

craquinette - Don't feel guilty. I'm glad your scan went well but can totally understand your feelings. :hugs:

Dobby I didn't know you wanted a girl? I thought you wanted a boy, didn't realise that was just for other people :(

But craquinette don't feel guilty!! I feel loads of pressure to have a boy from my partner and his family (and to a degree my family) but I'm desperate for a girl, even though I have a feeling it's a boy. If it is a boy I will have some gender disappointment, especially because it's taken 4 years to have this one and I'm unsure if we can go through all this again, despite desperately wanting a sibling (no matter what the gender of this baby)

Thanks for your support ladies. I know it's fairly common and will hopefully pass, I knew I wanted a girl but didn't expect to be quite that disappointed to have a boy...
But the whole purpose of finding out the sex was to have time to process and be happy to have a boy, if it was a boy. So that's the situation i'm in now, at least I have a few months to accept it. Better this way than finding out at the birth and be disappointed then.

KittyKat, I hope you get your girl! Fingers crossed for you!

Jasmine, how horrible to have so much pressure, especially for something you can't control!! I hope it all turns out ok!

Congrats on the boys and girl! And it's totally normal to have gender disappointment. I had a feeling I was having a boy. I was disappointed at my gender reveal because I wanted it to be a more intimate gathering and my mother in law invited so many people we had almost 40 there.

See? Gender disappointment is normal, so no worries :)
But yeah the disappointment is gonna start immediately when I have mine because SO is coming with me, took a vacation day from work (which shocked me, work comes before anything for him, lmao.) just so he could come, so if its a boy I'm gonna have to see it right away, and he'll know before I do because hes better at being able to tell, he could tell and I couldn't with the our first.
Luckily, my son will also be there, and he will be happy to just be included so I'll just try to look at him hahaha.
I've caught myself though talking to the baby telling it "if you have a penis, get rid of it, stat! You're gonna get me in trouble!" But then I'm like why? Who cares what you are. I don't, and no one else should either. :)

Kit, deep down I did. I like the clothes, I loved my mother-daughter relationship (I was the only girl so my mom was my bff we do a lot together), I love that when babies and marriage happen I would get to be her first call and be asked to help plan and this and that. I do love boys and I get boys and if I was a single mom I would have an easier time raising a boy... but it really boiled down to I wanted a boy for everyone else.

Disney sorry baby was being uncooperative but yay for a good scan!

Craq that was a good idea to give yourself time to process either result. :hugs:

Kryssy that's a lot of people lol I don't even know that many people lolol

Awww leso lol only thing similar I said was that if you're xxy you better drop one and go xx or xy because my pre-med brother decided to point out how many babies are xxy r_r

My scan was cancelled with my old doctor and now I have one Monday with new doctor!

Oh wow missed a whole new page, lol hate that. I am on my phone so I will come back and catch up later!

I'm just exited to find out so everyone can shut up asking me and I can get baby sprinkle themes going hahaha!

Anatomy scan was so stupid. I have to go in again in two weeks l. Sigh.

Dobby - I have to go back as well. Baby girl wouldn't turn around to give a good view of the spine. I hope your scan went well despite having to go back again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->