August 2017

I thought everything was fine but the f*ing tech wouldn't tell me anything. Didn't even seem like she was doing her job right. If she was missing measurements she should have told me instead of saying we're all done. Idk. I just am pissed at her overall, I may file a formal complaint.

Awww I'm sorry Dobby, that sounds like a terrible experience. Why do you have to wait 2 weeks for another scan? Is it because they didn't have any spot available before that or they thought they would get better measurements then?

I hope you're ok though. That would be such a disappointment

You know, after I had the appointment I didn't really care what anyone said. My firstborn was so happy he was so happy to finally see his little brother. And even SO still had a big smile on his face despite wanting a girl. We also had some fun together after as well so it was just a good day overall.
When I called my mother she didn't really care, her priorities were elsewhere, but whatever her loss.
And SIL was insisting to SO that we have a "big brother party" for Lucas otherwise he will "feel left out" I'm like uhh no? Lmao. He's included in whatever he wants to be, including whatever baby sprinkle I might throw. He will only feel left out if other people make him feel that way, because I certainly won't, regardless how much harder it may make my life lmao. He will get the same amount of love and attention he's always gotten. He's doesn't need a party for being a big brother to tell him any of that. Besides, me and him already have a mommy son date to build-a-bear before baby's born. I know she meant well but just the way she put it annoyed me a little, lmao. You know, hormones and whatnot.
Thank you for all the congratulations, the hard part is getting some names going, since we got nothing thanks to SO 😂
And that sucks Dobby! Another two weeks wait is too long!
Lmao Disneyfan I almost had that problem too, baby kept running away from the technician. 😂

Did SO veto the names? Glad the news was well received and you are loving your little boy.

Idk why two weeks. All the lady said was the note from the doctor said my anatomy scan was incomplete and I had to come back in 1-2 weeks

Ps no I don't think there's anything wrong with "big brother/sister parties, they're a cute idea for other people, just not myself lmao. And I am aware SIL was just thinking of my son and something he'd like. Like I said my hormones are just stupid and it just annoyed me.
Stupid stuff annoys me these days 😂

Oh no, we just don't have any because SO wouldn't even consider it was a girl before today so we wouldn't give me any boy names he liked, lmao. I told him he should think about it just in case but he didn't, and I was right so now he's like fiiiine I'll look some up. 😂 Should be fun since our tastes in boy names are quite different. His top pick was Maximus I was like no that reminds me of a horse 😂😂

Lmfao omg I love tangled haha we're still figuring out a name. We decided then undecided.

I know for us the ultrasound tech and my OB both recommended 2-3 weeks to give the baby time to change positions. At least, I think that was the reason.

Dobby - I'm really sorry that you didn't have a good experience with your scan. :hugs:

Jas - Too funny about Maximus! We've been struggling with girls names. I wish we could use the middle name we have DD1. :haha: This next baby would probably get a Disney name if I liked any of the female character names enough. :winkwink:

I'm the same, so stuck on a name for this little one too! I find boy names so much harder than girl names...
Haha yes, Maximus reminds me of the horse too lol. Although I know a little boy called Maximus but everyone calls him Max and it's super cute.

Sorry Dobby! Hope your next scan is better! I would call and say that you didn't enjoy your experience today and maybe make some suggestions on how they can improve things

Hi ladies, can I join you all? I'm due August 8th with a little boy!

I'm struggling for names too!

Sarah xxx

Dobby, at first I couldn't figure out why I thought of a horse then I remembered Tangled and I was like "Ohhh, that must be why"!

Disney, I LOVE Disney I have a Disney doll collection haha! But I doubt SO would go with anything there. At one point in our relationship though, although it's not Disney, we used to watch A Walk To Remember a LOT and it has great meaning to us and SO actually likes the name Landon haha, so that's a compromise I suppose.

Carquinette, that's what SO said, he's his name would be Maximus but we could just call him Max, it would be fine! But I just couldn't get past it :p

Names are hard guys! Good luck to us all trying to name these darned kids hahaha

Welcome sarah!!!! I wonder if it will even up, it seems to be definitely going boy majority!!

My gyn made me feel better. Basically the photos of his heart and profile weren't quite at the right angles and they want to redo them since he was being a pill. Gyn said all looked fantastic though and gave me all the measurements. He's 3-4 days ahead on everything except his femur (1 week behind) so I have a suspicion he's not gonna be vertically inclined like all of us. I just want him to hit 5'7 at least. SO is 5'10 and I'm 5'2

Hubby just felt baby kick for the first time!!! His face was in shock and awe it was so sweet!!

Awww, kitty that's awesome! I've been feeling baby move (especially in the ultrasound yesterday, little bugger) but it can't be felt on the outside yet, at least I don't feel it I can't wait until DS can feel his little brother moving.
Funny story, DS was on the phone with one of his aunties last night, and she asks him "Did you get to see the baby in mummy's belly?" He goes "Yeah! I saw his penis!" Cue epic facepalm on my end hahaha it was super funny though.

P.s, here's a photo :winkwink: Sorry for the quality.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20170321.jpg
    Snapshot_20170321.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79