August 2017

Love all the name ideas!!

we are having a really tough time on a boy name, we've got our girls name - Evelyn Rose - but boys are so much harder! hopefully we'll have a girl and we wont need to think of a boy name, we find out in a week if its a boy or girl XD

I love the name Evelyn and think it would go great with DD's name (Audrey), but DH poo pooed that one. It's on the middle name list along with Adelyn. :thumbup:

That's exciting that you find out the gender soon!

Disney, I LOVE the nickname Katie, I wanted a daughter with that name, even though the family cat growing up's name was Katie and she hated me lmao. Plus, SO vetoed it both times haha. But maybe you're right, maybe Max will still make a good middle name. We will just have to see! I've already made a new list for SO to look at when he gets home, and I've already asked DS what he thinks and he only disliked 4 of the 11 names I have written so at least it's mostly approved by the four year old haha!

Kitty, I think Evelyn Rose is a beautiful name, sounds very classy. And I've really noticed a pattern, not just with myself but a lot of people where girls name are super easy to agree on with SOs but boys names are super hard! Personally with both pregnancies we had girl's name picked but couldn't agree on a boy's name! First pregnancy, we were gonna name a girl Madison Marie, but of course we had a boy. And this time, baby girl would have been Abigail, hadn't decided on middle names, and again we are having some issues! lmao. Maybe that's why we keep getting boys, because a girl would just be too simple! :p

We agreed on Thomas hahah. I laughed at SO because he's the one who brought it up I'm like "How do you go from Maximus and Tiberius to Thomas?" :haha:
He's just like well, I had to tone it down for you, I'm like well, thank you.

So how's everyone else doing?

lol I had to tone it down :rofl: glad you settled!

SO wants to name our kid Richard aka Rick because of Rick and Morty... throw up city.

22 weeks. Two weeks from v-day, 4 until I feel I can relax. I realized something last night and it deeply disturbed me. Still processing it but feel like poo. Also startin to have trouble sleeping. I have to switch sides frequently so SO can't hold me and he takes it personally

Jazz that seriously had me cracking up!

Dobby I feel your pain! I flip back and forth several times a night. I came to the same realization today myself. When you've had a loss it really changes your mindset for sure.

Jas, I love the name Thomas! That's on my list too! And I also want to agree on a name sooner rather than later to stop just calling the baby "baby"! And also agree on girl names sooo much easier than boys!! For my first pregnancy, we agreed easily on girl names, and it was so much harder for a boy... We kept the sex a surprise so I was kind of like "oh well, even if I'm not too keen on the boy names, we might not need any after all if it's a girl". And of course we had a boy!
This time we didn't even discuss names before finding out it's another boy. But I know it would have been easier for a girl.

KittyKat, I love Evelyn Rose. Beautiful!

I've been MIA on the board and caught up in the fb group so sorry lol! I hope everyone is good - we're team blue again this time.

I had some serious gender disappointment when we found out that's eased up some. I still see people with one of each gender and get really sad or see some beautiful girly things and get sad. But I've just thrown myself into planning for this guy so hopefully to distract me from it.

We're still coming up with names - have a short list but likely won't decide til we meet him. Our anatomy scan is Wednesday!

Dobby, I've never seen Rick and Morty (have heard of it of course) but even I know that's super cheesy bahaha :haha: When I mentioned Thomas to DS, asking if he liked it he's like "Yeah, like Thomas the Tank Engine" I was about to be like welp, there goes that name.. But was like mehh, it's not that big of a deal. If anything he'll think it's cool if\when he goes through a Thomas the train phase like my first did. :haha::haha:

Craquinette, right? It's just easier to call the baby by a name rather than it,he,baby, and all that stuff haha. I would not have the patience to wait until birth to know either the gender or the name! I'm a pretty patient person, but I wouldn't be able to wait for any of that! :blush:

Tntrying, you know even though I didn't feel gender disappointment I do find myself feeling the same way when I see all the cute girly things. Like ohhhhhhh would have been sooooo cute!! So I feel your pain.

20 weeks now. So now that the first name is pretty well decided I gotta figure out what to do with middle names. DS1 has two middle names, both with family meanings, Michael, which SO's name as well as my own dad's name. And Paul, which is SO's dad. So it was pretty much his two grandfathers. But since we wish we hadn't given him the second one (Paul) because he's been completely absent in his life since he was under a year old. We didn't kick him out, we tried to keep him in but you can't include someone who doesn't want to be. We should have known this because he was in and out of SO's life his whole life. I guess we'd hoped he changed but he didn't. But that's a whoolleeee other long complicated story. But point of it being, whether we want to give this baby just one middle name, especially because this time is much harder with the list of name I have to work with. I used the good one up already :haha: I think it'll be easier to do just one but I like that DS1 has two, even though one is undeserved. Still his granddad nonetheless.

Hello Ladies! Didn't see an August 2017 thread, so here it is!

I just found out I'm due August 4th, 2017. Granted I was induced a wee bit early with DD and DS was born waaaay early, so I might not make it August!

Any more August mommies out there?

:blue: - 6
:pink: - 1
:yellow: - 27

AUGUST

2nd
kryssy1104 :blue:

4th
misspriss :yellow:

5th
Disneyfan88 :pink:
craquinette :blue:

8th
Miskas mommy :yellow:
spencerspiece :yellow:
sarah1980 :blue:

10th
British Mummy :yellow:
sugarpuff :yellow:

13th
Emiloo :yellow:
sugarpuff :yellow:
Rousseau31 :yellow:
jasminemarie :blue:

14th
CountryBride :yellow:

16th
nixm :yellow:

18th
ARuppe716 :yellow:
April12016 :yellow:
CrowBaby :yellow:
Moet :yellow:
xAmberLFCx :blue:

21st
cnsweeney :yellow:

22nd
tntrying22 :blue:
kittykat7210 :yellow:

24th
Letsgo :yellow:

25th
jessthemess :yellow:
luz :yellow:

28th
gemmy :yellow:

29th
megan3456 :yellow:
Erised :yellow:

30th
GlowMama :yellow:
hopefulttc :yellow:

31th
Mrs.H2016 :yellow:
Harleyy :yellow:

To be Determined by Scan
skyraaa :yellow:

Have I missed anyone's gender update? Any changed due dates? Just wanted to make sure I was up to date! I've had some internet issues (AGAIN) and was out for several days. The boys are totally winning right now (seems like everyone I see announcing is having a boy! Even people IRL) but there are a lot still yellow, some staying yellow but some who just haven't found out yet.

2 people I know in real life have also just announced boy!! Everyone is having a boy these days I swear!!

I swear boys and girls come in waves. Everyone I know irl is boy wait there is one girl. But it's 5-1 lol

I don't mind the being named after a character, but I would not use cheesy to describe Rick and morty. Rick is the grandfather who basically abandoned his daughter and resurfaces and bonds with his grandson. But he's an alcoholic, emotionally abusive and shallow person, and a sexaholic that lacks any semblance of manners. His only redeeming quality is his intelligence. So if SO can veto Tobiass (divergent and animorphs) then I get to veto Rick lol

Gl at your gender scan on Wednesday! Glad your gender disappointment is fading

I've been MIA on the board and caught up in the fb group so sorry lol! I hope everyone is good - we're team blue again this time.

I had some serious gender disappointment when we found out that's eased up some. I still see people with one of each gender and get really sad or see some beautiful girly things and get sad. But I've just thrown myself into planning for this guy so hopefully to distract me from it.

We're still coming up with names - have a short list but likely won't decide til we meet him. Our anatomy scan is Wednesday!

I'm exactly the same! I was soooo disappointed to find out we're having another boy.. I wanted a little girl so bad... It's also getting better now, and I think planning definitely helps. I've been thinking of names. We almost agree on one, my partner likes it but is like "yeah it's great but we can keep looking" and I just said "well I like it so I'm not looking further. If you have any ideas though feel free to share!" Haha it's a bit easy for him to just say "let's keep looking" but then not suggest anything!
Anyway, I still get super sad thinking that I'll never have a girl but that's how it is.

Jas, we're giving 2 middle names too. I have 2, and my boy has 2. We used my dad's name and my partner's dad's name (so his 2 grand-dads). And luckily they go well together so that really works. For this one, we'll use the name of one of our grand-dads each.

Dobby, I just meant naming the baby after him was cheesy, not the show itself. Like I said I've never seen it so I thought it was just some of those cartoons grown men like for some reason, I thought it was for kids, lmao! Now that you've described it I see I've got it allllll wrong and I totally get why you would vetoed the crap out of it!

And yeah, I know at least two other people currently pregnant with boys, it's probably more but I forget a lot of things with pregnancies brain and can't remember a majority of them :haha:

Oh, and Craquinette, I only have one middle name, SO has THREE middle names. So I decided to cut it down the middle and give two since at the time I didn't even realize it was a thing to have two middle names hahah!

Ooo well three middle names that's new to me. I've seen two but never three.

I'm so exhausted. Work, Costco run.... luckily SO has a late meeting so I'm going to nap before I make dinner. It's his first day at a new job so I got filet mignon and lobster tails and am surprising him with a bottle of Lagavulin.

Yum, sounds delicious Dobby!!

Jas, I'm french and it's very common to have 2 middle names there (more than having just one). In Australia (where I live) not so much! But my partner (Australian) was happy to use 2 as a sort of tribute to baby's French heritage. Having 2 middle names here often means that it doesn't fit in the boxes when you have to fill out paperwork (such as airport custom forms haha)! I can't imagine having THREE though, that's full on! And what usually happens with middle names in France is that you can chose one family name from each side of the family.

Pregnancy brain here too!! So handy to be able to blame it all on pregnancy though haha.

misspriss -
My due date got changed to the 31st of August (though I still believe the 29th to be more accurate, but hey ho ;)), will know the gender this afternoon!

My little update is that I had my triple test blood results come back last week Tuesday. The afp results came back 4.8 x the MoM (the average), which is way too high. Increased afp could be an indicator of anencephaly (though unlikely in my case as the skull and brain were already seen), spina bifida, other neural tube defects or abdominal wall defects.

I got booked in for a consultant appointment to do a level II ultrasound and check everything over. So instead of having my 20 week scan on the 14th of April now, I'll be having this scan instead. Fingers crossed for a healthy baby this afternoon.

Good luck erised! I hope everything turns out just fine!

I only know of 4 other people irl having girls lol. Everyone else is having a boy. Not to mention 5 more people have announced their pregnancies in the last few days. It's insane!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->