August 2017

We had our scan today, and the consultant really did take his time checking everything over properly. We were in the room for about 45 minutes, he talked us through every minute of it. Baby looks absolutely fine, as does my placenta. No signs of any neural tube defects or anything else unjust. A massive relief!

I'll be having another scan in 3 weeks, then growth scans through out the rest of my pregnancy and blood pressure + urine checks every 2 weeks. Really happy with how today went though, and feeling so much better for it.

As for gender, we're having a BOY!!! All 3 of our girls are absolutely ecstatic they're having a baby brother. They jumped, danced and shouted 'Boy!' for a good few minutes and were definitely more excited than I was expecting them to be which was a lovely thing to see.

Craquinette, yeah it's funny watching SO try and fit his whole name onto forms when he needs to. Even funnier he doesn't even KNOW the people his middle names are named after :haha: they are all great grandparents or something but he's not even sure I had to ask his mother when I was curious about it. I'm Canadian so there's all sorts of varieties here. Some with one, some two, although SO is the only person I know with 3, that is ridiculous. Both of his silblings only have one, he's the only one with three I asked MIL why and shes like I honestly have no clue :haha: He's not even the firstborn he's the middle child.

Erised, congrats on the boy! I'm glad everything turned out just fine. :flower:

Kitty, congrats on your little girl! Make sure to buy lots of extra girly stuff for the rest of us! :haha:

Trying so hard to plan my life out these days even day ahead is ridiculously hard I'm finding because I never know how I'll be day by day. With my firstborn, first trimester was rough, but I surivived okay, and then I was okay pretty well until late third trimester when he couldn't stop kicking me in the ribs, and didn't feel "over it" until I was overdue and stopped sleeping. This time is WAY different! I'm finding the further I get the more tired I'm becoming, yet the less I'm sleeping at night. Can't miss a single dose of nausea meds even 20 weeks on or I'm puking nonstop. Just a huge pain in the butt trying to get things done when my bodys screaming for rest 10 minutes after starting something. And I go back and forth between never wanting food and wanting to eat ALL the things hahaha.

Here are some pictures from today's ultrasound :)
https://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w660/kittykat7210/image_zpspj83v5ez.jpg

https://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w660/kittykat7210/image_zpscqlek7qy.jpg

Erised, how exciting!!!

So glad and thankful for all these healthy and loved babies!!!

Congrats Erised!!!

Kit look at her adorable profile!

I'm glad iMm not the only one freaking out lol

Jasmine sorry you're not feeling well. I also had a blissful first tri and everything was good until now. Ugh. I feel run down like I'm constantly fending off a cold or something and nauseated

Kitty, those are great photos!

Dobby, this whole pregnancy has been hell! I just keep reminding myself hes worth it! haha.

Kitty, congrats on your little girl!! So exciting!

Erised, so glad your scan went well :) Congrats on the little boy. How cute is it that your girls were so excited! That's precious!

Jas, sorry your pregnancy is so hard. I can't imagine what it must be like... Hang in there. As you said, he's worth it! Hopefully things will ease up a bit for you.

As for me, not much to report. Getting used to the idea of having another boy.
Having almost agreed on a name definitely helps!

:(. Yeah I feel you. This is day two I had to nap after work and I do not want to get up. But yup they're worth it!

Dobby, I'm looking at your ticker, and it's making me want bagels and cream chese :haha:

congrats on those finding out! Great news on the good results on the scan Erised.

Our anatomy scan went well yesterday - all normal and measuring a week ahead but they aren't changing the DD.

Still "very obviously" a boy she said. lol.

I think two middles is cool. Three might be tough lol. If you like to monogram things though that may be a bit tricky.

Tntrying my big boy is measuring a week ahead as well! Dr said they wouldn't change it unless it was 2 weeks ahead/behind.

Agreed they usually only change if it's two weeks. Babies all grow differently as their genetics are taking over, so that's why they use the early scans for dating. Mine is 4 days ahead on everything except his femur was a week behind :cry:

I was only measuring a day ahead so little Tommy's right on schedule pretty well lmao.
Went in for a 20 week checkup with the doctor yesterday and she answered the question as to why I've feeling SO tired. It seems my bloodwork came back showing that I have an iron deficiency again. I did have one with my first but I guess it didn't really act up as much as with this pregnancy and it also wasn't caught until I was already in laboring (I was young and stupid and missed the same blood test that showed it this time) so the doc wants me to do some more bloodwork to confirm it so they can get me on some iron pills. And she gave me the usual red meat and lentils advice so at least there's a reason for the fatigue anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->