August 2017

Hi Ladies!
I'm so sorry, im useless at keeping up and posting on here! Hope you are all doing okay and your little bundles :flower:

22 weeks! this pregnancy seems to be dragging :wacko: i'm so moody and hormonal lately i'm suprised my husband hasn't divorced me yet! :haha:

I'll try and be better at keeping up xxx

Jasmine awww love your bump!

Amber don't even fret. Just update when you can. You gotta take care of you.

Cute belly jazz!
Luckily my in laws are great and my family is awesome. We have tons of support all the way around.

Haha thanks guys!
And no worries Amber, you just take care of you, we'll still be here whenever you are feeling more yourself! I only reply so much because I don't have real friends to shoot the shit with (you know how life gets as you get older) and family doesn't care much for my ramblings, so you guys get the full load (at least the parts I don't forget immediately after :haha: )

No worries, Amber (funny, that's my first name :D ) take care of yourself. I haven't been too active either. I've struggled with depression and anxiety this pregnancy and it's kept me from being as involved as I'd like, but I do read all the new posts :dance:

Painted today! Paint the nursery they said... you'll have fun they said...

Attachments

• IMG_9815.jpg
    IMG_9815.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1
Dobby, hahahaha that made me laugh so hard!

I had a rough night last night, then had to wake up at quarter to six to hide Easter treats (couldn't do it overnight, cats would have wrecked havoc.) And I tried to lat back down to not much avail, though it didn't matter cuz at 6:30am... "MUMMY, DID THE EASTER BUNNY COME??"
SO's already in a crabby mood, and just playing video games. and DS is already trying to show me every single Grossey Gang he owns, over and over like he does every day. And asking me every time 'Who's this? Who's this?'. I'm in for a long day
:haha:
Happy Easter everyone! :p :p

Dobby, oh it is never fun painting when preggo!

Happy Easter y'all! Hope you all enjoy your day and eat lots of yummy treats! Just not too much cause that mean glucose test is just around the corner!

You're so sweet. My mom only played pretend with Santa and Tooth Fairy (but I caught her like three teeth in lol). Easter she stuck my brother and me in a room with giant baskets to unwrap under guard from my stepdad while she hide eggs. We were never much for hunting so she motivated us by hiding money in the plastic eggs. Mostly quarters, some had $1, but one mystery egg had $20. She would hide them indoors and outdoors, and forget where she put them so it's be like July and we'd find random eggs lol

SO does not want to pretend anything. It's so far been one of our two parenting arguments. He's all logic blah blah and I'm like dude the magic of childhood wears off young let them enjoy because reality sucks ass

Also lmfao about the GT! Mine is scheduled for 5/5 so I have a minute. Same day we start national testing vimit

Dobby, we are definitely believers around here! I think DS has it figured out (he's too smart) but I made sure he knew that if you don't believe (or play like you do) then you don't get treats lol.

Lol right?! Just pretend dammit! It's fun for us, too! I used to tell my twin brothers when they caught my mom with the special Santa wrapping paper that I was santa's helper. Because can Santa really do all that work by himself? So he delivers the presents to me early and gives me the super secret wrapping paper so I can wrap it on his behalf. Only the best behaved children grow up to be sabta's helper. Poor kids in like 3rd grade some kid was like Santa's not real! And my brother yells back yes he is! My sister works for him! :rofl: made for an A paper on lying in his high school ap class though lol

Going very well and my mom is happy finally.I remember the day my husband and I found out we were having a boy or girl and it was on her birthday.All grandsons and no granddaughter yet at the time.I was happy it is going a girl and wrote in my mom's birthday card that she was getting a granddaughter finally.Mom teared up a little bit and I saw she was happy seeing it.Due date is August 14th,2017

Welcome amomof4!

Yeah, my parents told me the truth when I was still pretty young. My son absolutely LOVES surprises and opening eggs and stuff so I always have to make sure its a good hunt for him. And I'll keep it going as long as I can, because I hated being the kid who knew but didn't wanna spoil it for others who didn't and watching kids who did being mean about it it's c'mon...
After I knew, family stopped pretending to like the holidays so it was like here's your chocolate, have a good day we'll meet up at dinner time lmao. I was always worried like "Is that how I'm going to feel about holidays when I'm older?" Thank god that never happened hahah, I still get super giddy when they comes around more so than ever my kid! And I get super bummed out when I can't do everything I planned hahaha!

Awwww congrats! I was the only granddaughter for about 15 years, my grandma sppppooooilllled me lol. She was the only one hoping I had a girl. She had five boys, 3 of whom bipolar. But anywho so happy you got to give her such a precious gift! I know she would have loved your child no matter what, but I know what it's like to know people are hoping for a certain sex and then be able to tell them that's what you're expecting :)

Yeah my son is going to probably be the mean kid lol. Cuz I would tell him not to spoil it for others and I can just hear SO being like why? They're stupid for believing it. Like I said... major point of contention lol. Which is odd because we both had parents who did the whole thing. But he hates his parents/childhood so I think it's more his issues. It's nice you're giving him those experiences. SO says we can do everything (tree, decorate, presents, feasts) but just not because of Santa or the Easter bunny or what have you.

To each their own, but personally I don't like the idea of insinuating that accepting presents from a strange old white guy is a good thing. Of course, mine never did that stuff with me and told me not to spoil it for those kids whose parents wanted to them to believe. That's pretty hard for a four year old but I managed. My son will too. It is good practice for being respectful of others beliefs though.
I only have one in-law as my FIL died just months before my husband and I got married. My MIL is great. She's applying for a visa to come stay with us for a year when the baby is born so she can help with taking care of him, and cooking and cleaning. No child care worries for a year!! I won't want her to leave! She's also going to teach the baby French and Italian. No choice there as she doesn't speak English. She's also nice and sarcastic and a fabulous Italian mama cook. She loves her firstborn and only son but also takes my side on many matters even when I don't ask! I'm very grateful for all the support I have between my family and his. I'm a little disappointed my son won't have a grandfather since neither of us have dads anymore but everyone says a boy can grow up just fine without a grandfather. At least he has two devoted grandmothers.

I was happy also after giving birth to 3 boys,one is an adult 21 years old and my other two are teens.They wanted another brother and they have come to terms that they are having a sister

April so sorry to hear about FIL but that is so sweet your MIL is applying. I hope she gets it. That's a tough sell. Her husband has passed, her grandkids os here. She's going to need a lot of proof that she is tied to Italy to be approved ESPECIALLY these days. It took my grandparents sister two years to get her visa approved to visit just for a couple months, but it was from Thailand and they tend to be more strict with south East Asian countries. Love that she'll be speaking foreign languages. I told SO he needs to brush up on his conversational French. Our future Canadien is going to need it hehe. And lmfao about Santa right?! That's the only point we agree. I don't want my kid thinking some stranger guy in a fat suit = run over and sit on his lap. Could he my own trauma but that screams a great way to get molested. I was always so uncomfortable with mall santas

Awww anon they will adore her. It's different, but with the age gap they'll be her protectors.

It is also going to be hard,my dad won't be there.He passed away in Febuary from a form of leukemia he had for the rest of his life.He was happy too.Mom has August 14th marked on the calender already.

:hugs: I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad your mom will be there for you.

Wow, DH and I are incredibly lucky. We both have our parents (well I have my stepdad), and I still have 8 living grandparents who love spoiling their greats. Not to mention this will be grandbaby#14 for DH's side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->