August 2017

Yeah I had my four g-rents growing up. Unfortunately, the greats passed or are in Thailand so no luck there. Or have gone senile. I just hate baby will have two devoted g-rents on my side and SO's parents might not be involved. Which is bull because I know his dad wants to be but that f*ing racist b* of a woman prevents him.

Ooh guys I'm worried I might have food poisoning, and the most likely culprit is listeria. I ate grilled hot dogs at a cookout yesterday. I know it isn't the safest choice, but I knew the guy cooking them (my DH and FIL both did it) and I trusted them to cook them thoroughly. I've called the OB's office and left a message to see what to do next.

I'm a little stressed out.

Dobby that sucks!
Oh no misspriss! I hope you feel better soon! Be sure to stay hydrated, and maybe your Dr can bring you in to get fluids.

Dobby that sucks!
Oh no misspriss! I hope you feel better soon! Be sure to stay hydrated, and maybe your Dr can bring you in to get fluids.

It is not that bad, it's all been diarrhea, like 5 times in 10 hours, watery and crampy and stuff, but no nausea and although I had no appetite last night I am fine appetite-wise today. My biggest complaint is my irritated hemorrhoids!

If I were not pregnant I'd not be concerned, but I'm worried about listeria since it is the most likely culprit from hot dogs or processed meat. Listeria is usually harmless, and although pregnant women are more likely to get it, it is rarely a problem even for pregnant women. But if it's a problem, it can be a big problem. That is why I want the doctor to give me an idea of what I should do. I think, as long as I don't get a fever or risk getting dehydrated, I'm probably okay. But I wanted to make sure, since I'm not a doctor.

Misspriss, I'm glad you called your gyn. TBH I wouldn't worry too much about it. The heat from the grill will sanitize it, plus food packaging standards nowadays I doubt the hot dogs were bad. If it helps, ANYTIME I eat Costco hot dogs I get massive indigestion and gas and diarrhea for the rest of the day. So it could just be your body saying ewwww hot dogs no more haha. :hugs: I agree the biggest threat is the fever and dehydration, but definitely good call to call the doctor.

Misspriss, I'm glad you called your gyn. TBH I wouldn't worry too much about it. The heat from the grill will sanitize it, plus food packaging standards nowadays I doubt the hot dogs were bad. If it helps, ANYTIME I eat Costco hot dogs I get massive indigestion and gas and diarrhea for the rest of the day. So it could just be your body saying ewwww hot dogs no more haha. :hugs: I agree the biggest threat is the fever and dehydration, but definitely good call to call the doctor.

Thanks. The worry is that they weren't on the grill long enough to cook all the way through. The way process meats are packaged is actually why they are risky, something about the processing. All OBs here warn to be careful with hot dogs and lunch meats, it's in all the "not to eat" lists and stuff. Here is some info: https://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-complications/listeria/

I get diarrhea from food a lot too, which is why last night I just wrote it off - but this has continued through the night and into the next day. I'm not terribly concerned, but it is riskier due to the pregnancy. The OB nurse did not seem concerned, but I told her my specific concerns and she made me an appointment with the urgent care nurse this afternoon. I'm not sure exactly what they will check for, there is a blood test for listeriosis (the complication you can get from listeria) but that is about it.

I think for me, I could have lived with the fact of knowing, if my parents hadn't completely dropped the façade along with it. They HATE holidays and as soon as I knew the truth they just acted the way it was for them, a burden and a chore so the magic was just completely gone with it. The day one of my kids comes so me and asks I'll be honest but otherwise, I will do it. But like someone said, to each their own I wouldn't judge anyone who told their kids otherwise. Every family is different! There's really no right or wrong way.

I grew up with both parents, but only 1 grandparent and none beyond that. Everyone else long passed before I was born. With SO, his parents are separated but both alive, but his dad was in and out his whole life. Has all 4 grandparents and then some greats as well. And when Lucas was born they were all still alive. SO has lost a couple greats since, but for the most part my boy still has tons of family to spoil him and so will Thomas!

Misspriss, glad you got an appointment and I hope your worries are eased and everything is fine and dandy.

Honestly, my gyn says the deli thing is complete crap and they just say that because in the one in a billion chance it contains listeria and the even more unlikely scenario that you have an adverse reaction that threatens the pregnancy they have to warn you. She said her only reason to avoid them is lack of nutritional value and high sodium content.

Well, they said it was probably just an upset stomach and not listeria, but told me to call back if symptoms worsen as I should be already getting better now. Thanks everyone, hope it gets better and is nothing.

I do have a regular appointment Thursday, so I will follow up then.

Woot! Glad to hear all is well for now. Hopefully the symptoms ease up. But akways comforting to have an appointment just a few days out :)

I did go through the mood swings last night and my husband knew to stay away from me.He knew it was hormones and this does happen during the pregnancy

Luckily I haven't had *too* crazy of a mood swing yet. Usually it happens​ to me a little later on in pregnancy. I have lost it a couple of times (road rage, DS arguing), but not at DH.

Wow it's been quiet the past few days. How is everyone?
I'm ready for my appointment tomorrow. I have some severe sinus crud going on and I'm hoping she'll give me some antibiotics or something to knock it out so I don't have to waste money at urgent Care.

I failed my 1 hour glucose, so I have to do the 3 hour in 2 weeks.

Sorry :(. I hear some women fail the 1 but not the 3 so I hope it goes well and isn't too gross

Sorry :(. I hear some women fail the 1 but not the 3 so I hope it goes well and isn't too gross

Apparently the threshold is really low on the 1 hour, lots of women fail it and pass the 3 hour, hope I do!

I failed the 1 hour one during my last pregnancy by 1 point and had to do the 3 hour one. I went for the 1 hour test yesterday and am grateful that I passed this time. I'm sorry you have to do the 3 hour one. :( I hope you pass that one.

I found out that I'm still anemic even after being on iron since the beginning of March. Not only that, but my levels somehow went down even more! I'm waiting for the doctor to get back to me on next steps as I'm on other medications and vitamins that can't be taken within 4 hours of the iron. I'm not sure how I will time everything if I have to start taking the iron twice a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->