August 2017

Misspriss I second Dobby. A lot of people fail the 1 hour and pass the 3.

Disney sorry you're having so many issues with your iron. Have you tried incorporating more spinach in your diet? Like on sandwiches or in salads etc. I hear that can boost your levels.

I had my anatomy scan today, part 2 pretty much to check everything over again and check babys heart properly as the chambers couldn't be seen clearly last time. Baby is absolutely fine, which is lovely news =D

Weren't too happy about the scan itself, but hey ho. Had a 50 minute wait (plus the 30 minutes we arrived early), a 10 minute scan then another 20 minute wait as the report got drawn up. Scan itself had some lovely clear images of babys feet + toes, the best side view we've had during any of our scans so far ... but the sonographer didn't take a single photo, so we have nothing to remember it by. She also did nothing but mumble during the scan, meaning we had no idea what she was checking. Happy to have all my growth scans following with my private midwives again rather than the hospital. No waiting around, nicer sonographers and hopefully more photos.

The pregnancy plan hasn't changed. Growth scans every 3 weeks from 28 weeks onwards, low dose of aspirin until 36 weeks, blood pressure + urine check every 2 weeks and induction recommended (but totally refused by me unless there is an actual indicator for it) at 39 weeks.

As for me, I've fought off a nasty cold and my skin is finally starting to clear up after breaking out in spots all over. Baby is nice and active every day now, it's lovely to feel the kicks =)

I'm sorry to hear the experience was less than ideal. Is it worth requesting the records? She has to take photos for the doctors and usually they keep the video as well on file. Or are you just going to wait for your midwife scan?

But I'm glad all is looking good!

Nah, I'll just wait. Hoping to get a private scan in 7 weeks or so, which will be 3D and as it's a fun scan it will give me plenty of better photos anyway. I'll also have growth scans every 3 weeks from 28 weeks on so I've still got a lot of chances to get better scan photos.

How's everyone? I wound up back in the hospital Sunday with a bad virus causing contractions. Hope y'all are doing better than I am lol!

How's everyone? I wound up back in the hospital Sunday with a bad virus causing contractions. Hope y'all are doing better than I am lol!

Oh no sweetie! I hope things calm down for you!

Oh no! I hope the virus is gone. That's terrifying :(

Can't complain. Was sick all spring break and worried I wouldn't be able to work. But body adjusted. Going camping this weekend. My mom bought the crib, mattress, mattress cover, and sheets as an early Mother's Day present. Even got the conversion kit, I feel so spoiled. So I bought the mobile, bedding collection, changing pad, and cover since BRUS is having that 15% off friends event.

Which makes me nervous because I feel like once the crib is in then it's real. And I just realized I'm 4 days from third trimester. Like efffff terrifying

So I wound up back at my dr today. Started having back pain yesterday but didn't think anything of it until this morning when I started having AF-like cramps that I couldn't sleep through. They had me come in and get my urine tested then did a wet pap. Turns out I have a bacterial infection (BV), so now I'm on meds and worried. I hate Dr Google. It scares the crap outta me.

So I wound up back at my dr today. Started having back pain yesterday but didn't think anything of it until this morning when I started having AF-like cramps that I couldn't sleep through. They had me come in and get my urine tested then did a wet pap. Turns out I have a bacterial infection (BV), so now I'm on meds and worried. I hate Dr Google. It scares the crap outta me.

I hope you are okay Kryssy!

Thanks misspriss. I'm trying to rest and stay hydrated. And trying not to stress. So far so good lol.

:(. Sorry things keep hitting the fan. I'm glad they were able to diagnose you. Hopefully the meds and bedrest have you on your feet soon

Kryssy how are you doing?

I failed my 3 hour GTT, so I am diagnosed with GD.

Misspriss, I'm sorry to hear that. :( :hugs:

AFM my students threw me a surprise baby shower and it was f'adorable.

Ugh sorry. R they going to have you do something to manage it or just recommendations of strict diet and exercise?
I have my 1.5 hour test in 3 weeks. I'm a little nervous but mostly just want to get it over with and get my result.

Ugh sorry. R they going to have you do something to manage it or just recommendations of strict diet and exercise?
I have my 1.5 hour test in 3 weeks. I'm a little nervous but mostly just want to get it over with and get my result.

My appointment was with the lab, they gave me a diet sheet that says 'follow this until you are contacted by dietician', so I have not been given formal instruction yet.

The lab tech said mine was not bad by the numbers and suggested diet and exercise would be what I needed, but we will see.

Sorry about the GD misspriss! I'm feeling better, just trying to rest as much as I can. Still have a good bit of pain when I walk too much.

Well... I failed my 1 hour glucose test by 9 points.

And some of my bloodwork is out of standard range/the lowest it has ever been.

I'm trying not to cry.

Well... I failed my 1 hour glucose test by 9 points.

And some of my bloodwork is out of standard range/the lowest it has ever been.

I'm trying not to cry.

:hugs: Don't cry now! It's just the 1 hour, lots of people fail the 1 hour and pass the 3 hour!

I hope the bloodwork is nothing serious, what are the concerned about? Is it something you can fix easily?

Unfortunately I don't have an appointment until Friday. I think they were checking for anemia (routine). Luckily my brother is nearing the end of med school so I sent him my numbers, but he's sleeping. I just don't know what it means that they dropped so significantly.

:hugs: ty

They checked me for anemia too the same day as my 1 hour. Probably not bad, you can get iron supplements to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->