August 2017

It's probably that. I had low iron levels before, so I was on prenatals before even ttc. I didn't need an iron supplement but the extra iron from the prenatal was good. My mom was anemic in pregnancy as were my cousins, so I shouldn't be shocked. I eat a ton of protein though. Breakfast I have either kashi cereal or a kodiak waffle for breakfast (eggs and bacon on weekends), lunch and dinner are the same (5+ oz of a clean protein source and two veggies). Snacks are string cheese, walnuts, or fruits. Just this week sucked because teacher appreciation

Yeah, and honestly a lot of people get low on iron in pregnancy, no matter their diet, it is just a pregnancy thing I guess.

Very true and turns out I'm flipping out over nothing. My brother took a look at my numbers and said they are normal for third trimester and don't indicate anything is wrong/anemia. And that my glucose was low that he would recommend the 3 hour only because medical guidelines say to but he firmly believes I don't have GD

Very true and turns out I'm flipping out over nothing. My brother took a look at my numbers and said they are normal for third trimester and don't indicate anything is wrong/anemia. And that my glucose was low that he would recommend the 3 hour only because medical guidelines say to but he firmly believes I don't have GD

That is great to hear!

I had a 147 on my 1 hour, and my sister (who is in emergency medicine) said it was a great number and she was sure I was fine too, but then I failed the 3 hour. My fasting and first hour numbers were good, the second hour was a couple points high, and my third hour was definitely high. So I do handle it pretty good in the short run, but it's the long run apparently....like my third hour was higher than my second hour, which I don't see how it happened because I consumed no more glucose! But I digress.

ETA: Apparently when you don't eat, like fasting then drinking nothing but sugar juice, your liver will supply you with the glucose it deems "necessary" for bodily function, which is how it goes up when you haven't eaten anything more. I know anxiety and worry can make it rise, so me sitting there worrying about my second number didn't help the third one.

Ooo interesting. Mine was a 148. I just hate that this is a day off work r_r. When my sick days count towards my mat leave

That's an interesting tidbit. Crazy how our bodies work

Ooo interesting. Mine was a 148. I just hate that this is a day off work r_r. When my sick days count towards my mat leave

That's an interesting tidbit. Crazy how our bodies work

Yeah, I had to arrange childcare and stuff and it is the MOST BORING thing to sit in the waiting room for 3 hours. Although they do it in the morning, I was fine after the test if I had to go back into work I could have, after eating lunch of course! I went to the grocery store then picked up the kids and had a normal day.

Eh, it is what it is. I am feeling better about my diagnosis after doing some research, TBH it isn't that bad at all, the diet part. It sounds really restrictive at first, but you do need to eat carbs at every meal so it isn't really, just be aware of what you are eating and stuff. I don't think it will be as bad as I thought it would.

Yeah the problem is once you miss passed a certain time (teacher), the absence gets automocally moved from half day to full day so at that point might as well just enjoy the rest of the day to myself lol. But once my sick bank runs out I go to differential pay, and when you mortgage is 75% of your paycheck =\ every day matters lol

I'm just whiney today:rofl:

I understand, I have had a lot of whiney days myself!

Sorry you're having problems with your sugar ladies. I've been on metformin my entire pregnancy and several years prior for insulin resistance (lovely pcos). I'm hoping it's doing what it's supposed to. I have my sugar test at my next appointment 2 Fridays from now.

Dobby, glad your brother got back to you and eased your mind.

Misspriss, are they going to put you on a diet or meds? I think I missed that part somewhere lol.

I am waiting on a call from the dietecian. I received some basic guidelines in the meantime, but I have put myself on a special diet already.

That was probably a good idea. It's incredibly hard to do when pregnant, I admire you lol. My taste pallet is so limited these days I couldn't imagine having to cut it down more.

That was probably a good idea. It's incredibly hard to do when pregnant, I admire you lol. My taste pallet is so limited these days I couldn't imagine having to cut it down more.

The only real food I have had to eliminate has been pasta. The rest is junk food, which I should not be eating anyway. That and portion control, spacing my carbs out into smaller meals and snacks.

I just had pasta last night so whoops. It's usually a once a week thing when I'm exhausted or just effing tired of beef, chicken, or salmon

Yep, pasta was a quick meal for us as well, too bad I had to eliminate it.

I have my glucose test the end of the month. I'm not nervous but I'm anxious to get it over with. My blood sugar always runs low and I have no history in my family of diabetes or GD. I've had a lot of weight gain and hypoglycemia issues in the morning first trimester but we shall see.
My usual work schedule is 6am-2pm but the first available appt isn't until 9am so I'm just going to take the day off.

I have no history in my family either, no history with my first two pregnancies either. It was kind of a shock to me to be diagnosed with GD.

So far I'm adjusting quite well to the new diet. I still crave the occasional junk food, but it is bearable. I did get a call from the dietitian, I have an appointment this Thursday. They want me to call my OB and get them to call in an Rx for a glucose monitor before my appointment, so I'm going to do that today.

Otherwise, I'm just about to finish up in the second tri, headed off into the third. Trying to kick myself into gear prepping for the new baby. We've talked names some, I have a name I like and DH didn't not like, but I feel guilty I've caught myself calling the baby by the name already...feels like cheating since we haven't agreed on it yet!

Good luck with the monitor and dietician misspriss! And yay for third trimester! I "officially" enter it tomorrow and I'm ready!

Just a question, but does anyone else feel like their kid is about to kick/punch right out their vajayjay? Lol! I know, crazy question, but I swear this kid is so low he's gonna pop himself out!

Good luck with the monitor and dietician misspriss! And yay for third trimester! I "officially" enter it tomorrow and I'm ready!

Just a question, but does anyone else feel like their kid is about to kick/punch right out their vajayjay? Lol! I know, crazy question, but I swear this kid is so low he's gonna pop himself out!

Nope, all my kicks are comfortably higher up! (just watch, I may speak too soon!). My "kicks" are all in the same two spots, I think babe is staying in one spot.

I will be "official" on friday, but it already feels like I've moved on from most of the second tri stuff, and now I'm on the third tri stuff. GD, worrying about pre-e and creeping blood pressure, etc. I start getting my every 2 week appointments after my next checkup. I don't know what GD will mean for me, apparently it could mean extra growth scans and NSTs as I get closer to my due date. We'll just see. I'll have lots of questions for both the dietitian and my doctor at my next appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->