August 2017

Doing okay. Blood sugar has been good. Keeping up with my diet, it is going well. I jave my 28 week appt on Thursday, I hope it will go well. I do not think anyone will throw me a shower since this is my third, but it is a sore subject for me as I did not get one with my first because he was early. We co-sleep, so no crib. My MIL has offered to buy us our bassinet/swing combo where the baby will nap, so that is good. Ordered a bunch of cloth diapers too. Getting there one thing at a time!

Glad your blood sugar is keeping in the good range :). I'm sorry about the shower :(. That's really too bad. I hate that subsequent babies don't get showers. Sure, I might not want it all out but I'd still like to get together to celebrate my birth. I always threw showers at worst regardless of first or second or fifth baby. Love the one thing at a time. That's how I feel. One thing at a time.

Doing my 1 hour glucose test today. Wish me luck! I'm just praying I don't throw up!

Gl! Honestly it wasn't bad at all. If you have the option of chilled or room temp then chilled is the way to go. I had orange chilled for my 50 one hour and lime room temp for my 100 three hour. They just tasted like failed soda to me lol or like soda you watered down or left sitting out hah. Which I have had before in a pinch

I had chilled orange for both the 50 and 100, it was not bad.

Good luck!

You can take me off the front page for 28th Aug as I miscarried quite early on. However got a bfp today and hoping for my rainbow in January. Good luck to everyone here.

You can take me off the front page for 28th Aug as I miscarried quite early on. However got a bfp today and hoping for my rainbow in January. Good luck to everyone here.

So sorry to hear of your loss :hugs:

Congratulations on your rainbow baby, hope you have a happy healthy pregnancy!

Thanks girls! I had chilled fruit punch. It wasn't great, but I kept it down. Just dealing with nausea now. My sweet hubby treated me to lunch at a favorite place so it helped :) .
So sorry about your loss gemmy, but congrats on your bfp!!

Gem I am sorry for your loss, and congrats on your new pregnancy!

Kryssy glad you kept it down and got to have a nice lunch after :)

Hey ladies!
Sorry it's been a while since I updated, it's been a pretty low time for me mentally and I suppose I just didn't feel like anything that happened was worth while for you all.
Going into week 28, third trimester tomorrow! Can't believe how fast time is flying by. Did my one hour glucose test last Friday, haven't heard anything so I suppose I'm just fine. Have my 28 week appointment this coming Thursday, and I STILL have yet to see an actual baby doctor... I keep being told "Oh, well theyre probably really busy, make another appointment with me and if they call you before it, you can just cancel ours." But of course, they never call.
Big brother Lucas is getting pretty excited but daddy doesn't seem to understand how fast August is going to come and we have NOTHING so far. So hopefully he gets with the program soon.

Hey ladies!
Sorry it's been a while since I updated, it's been a pretty low time for me mentally and I suppose I just didn't feel like anything that happened was worth while for you all.
Going into week 28, third trimester tomorrow! Can't believe how fast time is flying by. Did my one hour glucose test last Friday, haven't heard anything so I suppose I'm just fine. Have my 28 week appointment this coming Thursday, and I STILL have yet to see an actual baby doctor... I keep being told "Oh, well theyre probably really busy, make another appointment with me and if they call you before it, you can just cancel ours." But of course, they never call.
Big brother Lucas is getting pretty excited but daddy doesn't seem to understand how fast August is going to come and we have NOTHING so far. So hopefully he gets with the program soon.

:hugs: Hope things get better. I struggled with mental issues for almost the entire second trimester, I did not post much either. Hope you did pass the 1 hour, that would be FAB.

I can't believe you haven't actually seen a baby doctor yet? Is that normal in Canada?

With the second, there is a lot less you have to buy....we just need to buy a swing, since we sold the old one.

:hugs: ladies I'm sorry. I was one of the lucky few whose pregnancy actually made their depression/anxiety get better. It's so bizarre going from doctors pushing medication because I just couldn't get it together to now. I agree second kids need less and you've got time. :hugs:

Had my shower and was spoiled rotten so I only have a few big items and a bunch of super small things. I can't believe my son will (knock on wood) be here in 9-10 weeks

Yeah, I've struggled with my anxiety/depression since childhood so I kind of just have these really low times, pregnancy or not and it takes a lot to yank myself out of it, but I always do so hope is always on my side thankfully. I still feel crappy but it's more just exhaustion of pregnancy right now. Little Tommy takes a lot out of me. I don't know what I'm gonna do when school's out for the summer and I gotta entertain Lucas on top of it! He's relentless and SO full of energy. We'll still have fun though. We actually just got him a hamster a week ago, and he loves him so much, he named him Sunshine, even though he's black and white haha. And he takes such good care of him I told him if he's as good of a big brother as he is a hamster daddy, then I'm gonna be one happy mom!
And misspriss, no, I don't think so! I saw baby doctor I think around 18 weeks with my first maybe even less I don't actually remember the exact week but I know it was waaaaay earlier than this. But I keep being assured it's fine by the doctor and that it's normal for me to not see him until 30 weeks and on but come on! Even that is only two weeks away at this point.
We don't have anything anymore, it's either been given away or thrown away. I am having a baby shower next month (I don't care about the taboo and neither to my guests) and I'm worried because the room I booked for it is SO small I'm scared everyone's gonna be miserable, but it would probably cost a fortune to try and get a bigger on if it's even still available! I messed up bad so I'm just hoping most of the guests drop out and don't come at this point haha! I'll make it work either way though I'm pretty adaptable!

Wow everyone is quiet these days! Hope you're all feeling well. I definitely hit the third trimester tiredness. I take a nap every day lol.

Just busy at work at tired. Sat on my birth ball and now nubs is kicking like crazy

I'm not really tired to be honest, just in a bit of pain as my lower back kills and my ribs feel like my little warrior is going to break them sometimes! Work is killer and I'm stressing trying to get the mortgage sorted before baby gets here and hopefully move in not long after!

I'm poop face excited :). Just got my maternity paperwork. Leave starts when school starts up so I can take off all of September and October (though I'll likely head back mid October to gear up for conferences/get my class in shape for observation time. Buttt if babe comes on time that's 4 weeks left of summer vk then 6 weeks of my mat leave! So I'll be saying bye to babe at 10 weeks not 6 :). Not excited about the differential pay so I'm going to have to lean on SO a bit =\

That's great Dobby! It was so hard for me to leave my littles when I went back to work.

Luckily, my DH is awesome and encouraging me to be a SAHM this time (probably our last). I've always wanted to but never been able to financially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->