August 2017

Jazz I flip flop all night also. Glad your shower was laid back like you wanted :) oh and my bub is so big I can hardly breathe too lol. I swear his goal is to break a rib.

Misspriss I totally understand wanting a shower. Luckily my mom and mil are throwing mine. It's my third as well, but there's such an age gap so we really have nothing baby wise.

I got to feeling better this evening but the contractions are still lingering. I got to googling (I know, I know) and I'm wondering if I'm not having gall bladder issues.

:(. Jasmine can you make yourself a mini pillow barrier so you don't roll onto your back? It just sounds so unpleasant to wake up like that. Glad your baby shower went well!

Kryssy so sorry you're still not feeling well :(

Miss I get wanting a shower even if you already had two. Nobody says oh you can't have a birthday party you had one last year. Idk. I'm sorry you weren't able to have one :(. TBH I would have just thrown myself one, explained if, made gifts optional but I'm very get what I want lol

Speaking of get what I want 5.5 hours and drama at two dealerships: I have my new car! 2017 Ford Escape. MSRP was almost 27k, SO got it down to 21k plus traded in my ten year old Prius for 3k. They tried to give me a crap apr and he lit them up. It was embarrassing and annoying at first until the numbers kept dropping then it was super sexy lol. My monthly payment went down from $415 to $311. And then he gave me a neck massage and took me to my fav Mexican joint. I feel so spoiled.

Yeah, about the shower, I don't really feel like anyone would come or give a damn so I probably won't do anything anyway. I don't have a lot of family, and the family I do have has little interest in this baby. My MIL responded badly to the news, but she has been the only one to even seem interested now. She bought us a big item we needed (the swing). We need clothes, and I hate buying them because everyone says "oh but people will love to buy clothes!...." yeah, the only people who have bought clothes are me and MIL.

My older sister struggles with infertility so I understand her distancing herself from my pregnancy. However she recently told me she was offended I didn't tell her I was in the hospital having DD (I didn't really tell anyone except inlaws who had DS and younger sister because she asked). I am a little peeved, don't ignore my pregnancy the entire time but then get put off because I don't tell you when I go to the hospital to have her. Either you are interested, or you aren't.

My younger sister is just being young I guess, but she is almost 23 she isn't that young. I asked her if she was excited and she just said "No, not really, we have done this before, right?"....

My grandparents are all old and so I don't expect anything out of them, and that is about all the "family" I've got. DH has some aunts and cousins, but we aren't close. I don't have any friends who I am close to, and I am not part of any groups at church that would do that kind of thing. I'm just kind of sad and alone about it.

Dobby, that's awesome about the car and neck massage!

Misspriss, sorry your family isn't showing any interest. Luckily my family is stoked, but of course they know we struggled for 3 years with infertility.

Dobby, that's awesome about the car and neck massage!

Misspriss, sorry your family isn't showing any interest. Luckily my family is stoked, but of course they know we struggled for 3 years with infertility.

Sorry to hear you struggled for so long! But that shouldn't change how much a baby is loved or celebrated :nope:

Misspriss, I totally agree hun! Every baby should be celebrated. Some people don't get that though. They see them as a burden or obligation. This is also DH's first baby so his family is super excited.

Miss I'm so sorry to hear that family isn't supportive. I really wish you and your baby would be celebrated the way you both deserve :(.

I decided today I need waterwipes for the baby, and newborn socks. I have sleepers which have feet, but I have onesies and pants that don't, so I need socks. Maybe pants with feet. I loved those with DD because she wouldn't keep socks on and the only ones that worked were the 3D shaped "booties" rather than regular socks. She had some fat ankles.

Otherwise I don't think there are a lot of things I *need*.

Ooo I wanted water wipes too. I have one bag but the rest are like huggies and pampers from friends. I'm not sure how many footed things I have. My head is spinning lol. But I imagine since it's hot a onesie and diaper will do. That's what my coworkers are telling me.

Ooo I wanted water wipes too. I have one bag but the rest are like huggies and pampers from friends. I'm not sure how many footed things I have. My head is spinning lol. But I imagine since it's hot a onesie and diaper will do. That's what my coworkers are telling me.

It's hot outside, but air conditioners inside. I plan to babywear, which usually keeps baby warm. I had a May baby, which is pretty hot for Arkansas, and she didn't wear "just a onesie" until she was a month or two old, if I remember. Little babies are still really little and don't hold heat so well.

That said, August is hot, but we use AC in the car, in the house, in the bedroom, etc.

Misspriss, that is awful how your family is acting! Doesn't matter if it's the first baby or the tenth they're ALL worth celebrating and being excited over! Hell, I learned just recently I'm going to have another niece or nephew by the end of this year by my oldest sister, I'm never going to see it since this sister doesn't come around that much but I'm STILL super stoked about it! But, I suppose you cannot help how other people feel. But at least you're excited and everyone here is excited for you as well!
I'm actually just doing inventory of what I was given yesterday so I can get a grasp on what I still need, and to let certain people know as well as they asked to know after my baby shower what I still needed. I know we are also being given some bigger baby items that just aren't in our possession yet. Mostly just hand me down stuff but still good to know what I need not worry about.
It's already getting super hot here! Today especially it's 30 degrees outside right now (86 Fahrenheit for the Americans, haha!) ! This baby's going to come out roasted at this rate! :haha:

Ahh gotcha see I don't have ac in my condo. We just fan it up buahaha. I have some and tons of swaddles it haven't properly counted. Little overwhelmed by all the stuff

Picked up socks and water wipes tonight, continuing to pack the hospital bag (how I discovered I needed socks and water wipes, lol).

lol I should probably start doing my bag. But we have three more days of school with kids so I'll likely get cracking on it Friday after check out from work. I booked mine first thing so I can just leave hahaha

Shoot, I live in North Alabama and I'm already about to die! It's been upper 80's all week. We only have 1 working window unit and ceiling fans. I'll probably baby wear as well. I loved it with DD. And yes, please don't let your baby go without socks or a hat or both. It frustrates me to see these babies freezing, or see one without their ears covered on a windy day.

Shoot, I live in North Alabama and I'm already about to die! It's been upper 80's all week. We only have 1 working window unit and ceiling fans. I'll probably baby wear as well. I loved it with DD. And yes, please don't let your baby go without socks or a hat or both. It frustrates me to see these babies freezing, or see one without their ears covered on a windy day.

I live in central Arkansas. It's been in the upper 80's this week and that is a GOOD temperature for Arkansas this time of year. They are kind of surprised as how cool it's been this year. We have central AC though, and I really appreciate the AC in my car. It's fabulous.

Misspriss, yeah it has been "cool" here for this time of year as well. Still, being huge and pregnant makes it a lot worse imo lol. Oh and I forgot to give you kudos for already packing your bag. I'm trying to wait until after my shower on the 25th. I have a few things for baby, but not enough to pack yet. I haven't had one in 7 years so we had already gotten rid of all the baby stuff.

Misspriss, yeah it has been "cool" here for this time of year as well. Still, being huge and pregnant makes it a lot worse imo lol. Oh and I forgot to give you kudos for already packing your bag. I'm trying to wait until after my shower on the 25th. I have a few things for baby, but not enough to pack yet. I haven't had one in 7 years so we had already gotten rid of all the baby stuff.

It's only about half done, lol!

I haven't even gotten a diaper bag yet! I'm so far behind the ball on the actual acquiring of all the baby items! But, I got a nice list done now so I'm pretty sure I've got an idea of everything I still need.

Just steps at a time. My lost was everything because it's my first. Made things easy to get haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->