August 2017

YAY Dobby! Glad it worked out for you to get more time! I went back to work after DS was born, it was hard. After DD was born it was not financially feasible to pay for childcare for two, so I stayed home. I love it. Obviously childcare for 3 is even more expensive...

Yeah, even on my iron pills and stuff I'm definitely more tired than ever, and to boot I'm not even sleeping well at night! So some days I can't help but nap. Trying real hard not to, though.

Jazz I nap a lot lol. I don't sleep well at night at all.

Well, I'm anemic now. Dr put me on a prescription iron pill. But on the plus side no GD.

Apparently I'm anemic too. My brother (wrapping up med school) said I was fine, my gyn said I was fine, but the nurse practitioner said I was clearly anemic. So now I'm confused... they also printed the wrong weight chart and I felt like shit because they had it as overweight bmi instead of healthy and so a- I was not amused being called overweight and b- it said I gained too much when I know my gain is ideal. I had another CBC done before I make any moves to start iron/ email my gyn.

But fundal is measuring spot on.

Put together the diaper genie. I remember using one with my little brothers and. LOVED how the diapers were individually wrapped. But this one doesn't do that!!! Like wt actual f*.

Dobby, I think you have to get the "fancy" diaper genie to get the one that individually wraps them. I'm not sure though. I just had the generic one with my other kiddos and it put them all in a big bag together that you emptied when it got full.

I feel like I actually got some sleep last night. It was nice. I only woke up a few times and I don't feel like death this morning lol.

What is fancy lol? From what I read in reviews the pre-2011 playtex diaper venues individually wrapped diapers and the last baby I diapered was 2009 lol. After that, they have this two gate odor lock system. Which ok I get not every mom enjoys having to twist twist twist and pushed the diaper in but it was a good seal. I have no faith in this new mechanism lol.

Kryssy so glad you got some rest and are feeling better :)

Oh and in other news the nurse practitioner was wrong and my brother and gyn were right: I am not anemic r_r. Just got my latest CBC and I'm totally fine

Yeah I'm pretty peeved this morning. We had a VERY long day yesterday I was on my feet a lot and doing stuff and overall just a very exhausting day, so here I'm thinking "Finally, I'm going to get a fantastic sleep because I was extra super duper active today!" Well, I fell asleep fairly quickly which was nice for once, but woke up serveral times and woke up at 4am and found I couldn't get back to sleep.. And by the time I did, cue 4 year old waking up for the day. Luckily he's taking it easy on me, though. He's just playing Minecraft while mommy has her tea and just takes it easy for a bit, haha.
PS, going to be calling the stupid baby doctor tomorrow because I STILL haven't heard from them and I'm fuming about it. If they're still "too busy" I'm calling my doctor and telling them I want them to set me up with someone else who can actually be bothered with me. Because everyone around me agrees that this is not acceptable.

Yeah that's crazy they need to get back to you :(

I'm sick. My student got me sick. Sore throat, the aches. Thankfully no fever. Might just brew a tea bag of raspberry leaf tea and start today

Sorry jazz! I would be upset as well! Glad your little man is taking it easy this morning so you can try to rest.

Apparently the good night of sleep was a fluke. Back to tossing and turning last night and wound up on the couch. Does anyone else's hands go numb when they sleep?? I woke up twice last night because my hands were tingling.

No numb hands just trouble breathing when my uterus decides to push up into my lungs r_r

That sucks Jazz, I'd be upset too.

I was exhausted yesterday, we had DD's birthday party and I did the grocery shopping as well. I woke up this morning feeling like I'd had a serious workout yesterday. I'm sore.

I feel utterly useless today I'm tired and sore. That and the kids (I guess they had "too much birthday?") were both up half the night last night.

I find I wake up with numb arms sometimes. Because I'm forced to lie on my side instead of my stomach or my back, my lower arm will often become numb. It's annoying.

Ooo my left rib is killing me from constantly laying on my left side since I can't breathe as well on my right r_r

I know! I have to roll frequently because of my pelvic pain, but my ribs and shoulders like one side better than the other...I tossed and turned so much last night.

So, called the baby doctor's office. Apperently they got back to my doctor's office a while ago and they were SUPPOSED to inform me I have an appointment with them on the 16th (still ridiculous though, in my opinion) but no one decided to tell me. Good thing I called clearly.
I have my baby shower today and I'm so not feeling it at the moment. I planned and did everything myself to getting everything together, buying all the food and keeping my son entertained yesterday just tore the life outta me. Plus did a whole whack of house stuff so today I wouldn't have to worry about ANYTHING except the shower, I must have pushed myself too hard. Definitely learned I can't be picking up my son anymore.
And last night apparently I acquired a new "pregnancy quirk"... I lay on my back, and I will puke stomach acid into my mouth in my sleep, and because I'm asleep I don't realize this until my throat is on FIRE and I'm choking on it. Disgusting and painful. Happened more than once. So it seems like third trimester is gonna be a pain in my butt, lmao!
I'll be okay though, I just need to start remembering I have limits now and to know them.

Awww well honey we're not supposed to sleep on our backs at this stage. It's your body telling you to cut it out. My mom won't even let me lay on my back for a two minute conversation lol

I felt the same way leading up to my shower but once my friends got there I was so happy. I hope that's your experience as well. Hugs

Afm just need a monitor and gum care and I am done shopping. Just missing some safety items from my registry but I'm saving my rewards gift card for them. House is overflowing with baby stuff. No idea where to put it all

Jazz sorry hun! But I agree with Dobby, it's probably your body saying roll over lol. Try to relax at your shower and let everyone pamper you. I know, easier said than done.

So I wound up back in l&d Friday ALL DAY. It was miserable, but after 2 bags of fluid (wasn't even dehydrated), and 2 shots of brethene(sp?) I finally got to come home. No dialating or change in my cervix, but he has dropped. Dr commented on how she could feel his head down and in position. I'm supposed to be "taking it easy", but that's hard to do lol.

I love [/sarcasm] when doctors say take it easy lol. I'm so sorry you were in L&D again :(. How are you feeling now?

Feeling pretty crummy today. Super nauseous and contractions are trying to creep back up. Laying down at the moment just trying to rest some while I can.

Jasminemarie glad you finally got your appointment, too bad no one thought to tell you about it though! Yeah, lying on your back is not good at this point, for heartburn or for bloodflow, so on your side is definitely recommended.

That said, I've had to switch to Zantac as Tums no longer cut it in the heartburn department.

Kryssy I hope you are feeling better soon :hugs:

Aw Dobby, it made me smile when you said your house was overflowing with baby stuff! That is always one of the fun but overwhelming parts about first kids. We don't have much baby stuff for this one, to be honest. It is our third, no one has bothered to throw us a shower or a sprinkle (and don't go off on me for wanting one for my third, I didn't get one for my first because he was preemie, or my second, I want ONE freaking shower, sue me) so we have a swing, still in the box, and a few outfits washed and hung in the closet. Right now, DD is still using the cloth diapers, I've either got to buy some more or put her back in 'sposies before the baby gets here - or do them both in part time cloth/part time 'sposies. The swaddle blankets are kept in DD's drawer, as she still uses one for naps, but there are plenty enough for two kids. And that is about it. LOL definitely not overflowing.

Oh, I know I'm not suppose to. I don't do it on purpose, it kind of just happens in my sleep, something that never happened with my first so I agree it is probably just my body trying to warn me, it still sucks though!
I'm having a horrible time with cramping and little Tommy moving so much and killing my insides, which is a god sign for him but awful for me!
And I'm sorry too about you having to spend the day in L&D Kryssy! But totally kind of jealous about your drop :p My bump starts soooo high still it makes comfort nearly impossible with the way I sit :haha:
I'll be totally and completely honest here, I am terrified for Labor time. It's closing in faster and faster it seems and I don't think I'll ever be ready. My first son, while labor was not nearly the worst horror labor story I heard, was very traumatic for me and I'm just feeling SO much fear and anxiety about it I've cried thinking about it some days. I tried telling hubby about it but he doesn't quite understand. Just says "You'll be fine, you've already done it and it'll be easier this time" I know he's just trying to be encouraging, and honestly it probably wouldn't matter what he said anyway I think this is just going to be me until it's all over.
Oh! PS, baby shower went fine. Almost no one really showed up anyway and while that sounds like a bummer, it was nice and laid back. Made it easier on considering I had to do everything as far as games and things go since I planned the whole darn thing haha. Plus now I have some things I didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->