August 2017

Hehe that would be interesting timing for sure so crazy that we're almost there!

Hahaha!! Too funny! Yeah, he needs to come early so your DH can be there! I'm thinking my little guy will be here by next Sunday. Simply because that's my brother's and everyone else's birthday plus it's the next full moon.

That would be nice! I really wanted DD to come on Memorial day weekend because all our family was in from out of state (our induction was schedule the day after memorial day)...she didn't. They did not get to see until Christmas except in pictures!

Dobby I know! It took forever to get this far now it's flying by.

Misspriss that's crazy! Luckily most of our family lives close by. The furthest one is DH's sister who lives 4 hours away, and is due in October.

Am I being unreasonable: my mom wants to visit my cousin. Her mom was recently diagnosed with stage four breast cancer. Everybody in that house is sick. Like REALLY sick: vomiting, diarrhea, fevers, congestion, coughing. I rang my advice nurse and she strongly suggested I not go. I asked about my mom going because my childbirth class (that I have rescheduled multiple times to fit my mom's schedule and is the only open class before my edd in a 25 mile radius) is tomorrow. She said I shouldn't be around my mom if she goes. So I tell my mom, and my mom still wants to go because she says her immune is great and my auntie is dying (no, she is not on her death bed). To which I said she is not going to die between now and Monday and I need a support person at my class, it's the only one where they said you have to have a partner. She's still going.

SO isn't going. My doula friend can't help me anymore because her sister has surgery so she left town for the summer. And now my mom is choosing my auntie in law over me. I always have to fight with her that I'm her daughter and she's supposed to be on my side since I was a kid. My cousin (different one) was so delusional that my mom was her mom that she tried to kill me. She treats everybody like her kids, sometimes better.

Am I overreacting? I'm really hurt.

I don't think you are at all. I would feel the same way!

Exactly 1 month to my due date! Although I feel certain he's going to be a July baby :)

No, Dobby. I don't think you're being unreasonable. While I understand her "dire need" to visit your aunt because she is sick, you are right. She's not on her deathbed, so the visit could have waited until after your class. It's not fair that now you have to be all alone just because she thinks this is immediately more important. Your nurse is right. Regardless of how great her immune system may be, she can still incubate the sickness, and YOUR immune system isn't as good as it would usually be, and you could still get sick from her and it's not the way you want to spend the last little bit of your pregnancy.

Speaking of which I totally agree with you guys, time is just FLYING by!! I can't believe it's only another 40 days until baby Thomas is due! But like you guys, I'm kinda feeling like he might come a bit early, like end of July. Just a feeling, and with my luck I'm wrong. I kind of wouldn't mind earlier only because every time I told my du date to someone it always held SOME sort of significance to them and they all had a day I should "go on". I'd rather his birthday just be his birthday rather than remembered because of this or that. And July doesn't have any important dates in it right now so it would be just fine. PLUS then my boy's birthdays would be that little but more far apart :p (Tommy's edd is August 13th and DS1's birthday is September 12th). Buuuttt at the same time I'm completely dreading labor. I'm more scared this time than last and the constant feeling of being not ready is also a polar opposite tearing at me as well. I'm just all over the place!

Awww yeah we have a LOT of July birthdays in my family. I was hoping he'd come in August because of that, but now the idea of the three of us sharing July b-days is growing on me. Plus, I know it's not a big difference, it's that much older before I go back to work. My return date is set regardless of his age.

Have you done a childbirth clas? I'm not afraid of birth because I'm too busy freaking out about my house and going back to work and keeping him alive lol, but I took a four hour express class with Kaiser and we talked about labor and labor coping techniques. Kaiser even offers a class specifically on coping techniques. So now I feel a lot better. In fact, I had been thinking I want the epidural right away but now I'm thinking I might want to hold off until later in labor or even try unmediated.

How have I only just found this thread?
Hello! Due August 4th, certain I'll have a July baby after previous 32 weeker but will probably be proven wrong and go over :haha:

How have I only just found this thread?
Hello! Due August 4th, certain I'll have a July baby after previous 32 weeker but will probably be proven wrong and go over :haha:

Also due on the 4th! And also the mom of a 33 weeker as well (my first) but my second was a term baby! Induced for both, so we'll just see how things go if I don't need to be induced with this one.

Welcome Kristy! Im glad you found us!!

Dobby, I encourage childbirth classes. I never took one before my first and I wish I had. I feel kinda like a pro at this point though. DS was an emergency c section due to prolapse cord at 8cm, and I had a successful VBAC with DD. I had an epidural with both, but I've been considering going med free with this one. Which is also terrifying lol.

Yeah after a few probably not necessary to take the class. :). Yeah I was a little nervous changing my birth plan from GIVE ME THE EPIDURAL ASAP to meh we'll play it by ear lol

Also had my 36w appointment and I'm 2.5cm dilated, 75% effaced, and he is head down so looks like he might not be late after all

Ooooooo so exciting!!! Our babies will be arriving before we know it!! I walked for about 30 minutes today and I told DH to "jump on the wagon" (me being the wagon lol), and I'm determined to find something spicy to eat! I think it'd be really cool if he came on Friday and his birthday was 7-7-17 :) I'm hoping he picks an odd date regardless. I know it sounds crazy but DS's birthday is all odd numbers, DD's are all even, so I need his to be all odd as well lol.

lol jump the wagon. Do walking lunges. That's what the midwife said yesterday. That it's not actually walking it's walking lunges

My birthday is 7/17 hehe SO missed it by 1 minute. He's 7/16 at 11:59pm.

I don't think it's odd at all :)

Drinking raspberry leaf tea right now, I don't like tea, but it's okay I guess. Haven't had it in previous pregnancies.

I also started EPO (orally only) at the beginning of this week. I'm taking 1 per day now, 2 per day next week, adding a 3rd vaginally the week after, etc.

And going to be DTD as much as we can between now and due date.

Woot woot get on it miss! Fxed! You just reminded me I forgot my tea this morning and I'm supposed to do two cups now

So raspberry tea? And lunges. Gonna get on that. I told DH he had "duty" every day until he made this kid get out of me lol. He seemed real disappointed (yeah right).

I'm only so afraid of labor because the last one was so horrible. I'm being reassured that I'll be okay and everything will go smoother this time, but my anxiety won't let me believe anyone. I still want an epidural as soon as I can, and putting it in went just fine last time (although it fell out briefly at one point), but I'm scared for that all over again too. I just keep telling myself it doesn't REALLY matter because once I have that baby in my arms I won't care what happened.

That being said I haven't really been doing anything to TRY and push it. I've just been a really busy person and I feel like that alone is going to make things go faster. But I'm still a bit early anyway, he needs to cook a bit longer. Maybe in a couple more weeks I'll start trying to evict him.

PS once again Dobby's ticker is making me hungry :haha: I want a sub now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->