• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

August 2017

All Excited for Kirsty! Today was a great day!

Everyone else who hasn't had theirs yet....we're still here :D

I'm for one, really disappointed I haven't gone into labor this weekend. I really wanted it to happen on the weekend, as I have a much better chance of getting one of the 3 L&D rooms with a tub. There are only 3 in the whole floor (out of who knows how many) and they are usually packed during working hours during the week. Even my doctor's nurse said they schedule the most inductions and c-sections on Monday and Tuesday, so your odds of getting the room you want are slim to none. I mean I could go really fast like Kirsty though and it wouldn't matter, but my previous (all induced) labors were really long, painful, and difficult. I would rather get a room that I like.

I guess there is still time left in today, but NOTHING is happening. No BH, no contractions, no cramping, no loose BMs, no vomiting, NOTHING.

Wow, congratulations Kirsty! Nice and quick I'm happy for you. Total bummer about the long hospital stay, though. Hopefully it'll all go by quickly and you can get little man home and comfortable.

I'm not doing much better. Very tired and miserable all the time. I've started to become very snippy and my usual abundance of patience is all but diminished. My poor DS. I too have been dreaming of labor and there were a couple times I woke up during the night and thought labor had started I was in so much pain, sometimes it even happened throughout the day but it never was. Still not sleeping well, despite the fatigue. *sigh*
And still having super mixed emotions. Like I could go into labor any time at this point and I'm not ready for the labor and then the change. But at the same time I'm just so done get this freaking baby out of me!

Same here, I have had very vivid dreams of going into labor at night, woke up disappointed. I have lost all patience, I am short and curt most of the time. The kids get away with a lot because I do not give a fuss about anything anymore. DH on the other hand gets the brunt of my curtness, poor DH.

Congrats Kirsty!

Dobby, I can't believe it's been over a week for you already! Hope everything is going well :)

Yay Kirsty! Sorry about the extended stay, but hopefully it'll fly by! Good luck picking a name! Get some rest!

Aww sorry miss :( it's almost time hang in there

Ty Sarah it's crazy to think his due date is tomorrow and he'll be ten days old. I love that he's here but tbh it break my heart a bit when I think about it. I worry if he'll ever catch up in weight, if he's ok long term, how long can I realistically pump and give him breast milk/will I ever find a pumping schedule that works?

I've heard that feeding can be the biggest worry of all. Have you see a lactation consultant? My friend has had a lot of trouble in the past few weeks. She's pumping and feeding and is just drained. I hope you're getting lots of support from your OH and family!

Well the weekend has passed, it's officially Monday morning and the week is off again, no baby, no signs :shrug:

Go to the doctor tomorrow afternoon. Just a usual checkup. I don't know if he will bring up induction or anything, since for him he has me at 40 weeks (off my LMP). He hasn't said a word so far, and I really hope if he does say something it will be "Let's give it another week, and if you haven't gone by 41 weeks we'll talk about our options", that sounds reasonable. Or maybe if I'm more dilated he'll offer a sweep or something, but I'm not sure if I want that yet.

DH and I made the most of it, gave it a great shot, DTD last night - didn't do a thing. I say that, I had contractions DURING sex, like major ones, curl up in a ball and breathe through them contractions, but they were gone as quickly as they came on.

I'm getting painless BH every now and then, the occasional brief crampy feeling, but nothing with intensity or regularity, nothing getting more intense, etc.

Just hanging.

Well, not to be too optimistic, but had some loose BM this morning, after going twice yesterday (not loose though, but twice in one day is unusual). Seeming to have more random crampy feelings. Nothing with a pattern, but not fizzling out I've been noticing them all morning.

Perfect time to make sure hospital bags are ready to go, just in case. Been having a great morning with the kids. As much as I wanted to go on the weekend, week days are less stressful for me because of the routine, so there is an upside to maybe being in early labor during the week - easier to manage because of the routine, you know?

I think I'm just having such a hard time because it's summertime so DS isn't in school, and he just has SO much energy and constantly just wants to do this and that with me. And I appreciate how much he wants me to do stuff with him, but I'm just too tired to play constantly. And then on top of it keep up with the cleaning because no one knows how to clean up after themselves around here, listen to the boys fight constantly when DS and SO are around each other. I'm trying to do everything and keep everyone happy and it's killing me. I don't know how y'all other mamas do it.

I think I'm just having such a hard time because it's summertime so DS isn't in school, and he just has SO much energy and constantly just wants to do this and that with me. And I appreciate how much he wants me to do stuff with him, but I'm just too tired to play constantly. And then on top of it keep up with the cleaning because no one knows how to clean up after themselves around here, listen to the boys fight constantly when DS and SO are around each other. I'm trying to do everything and keep everyone happy and it's killing me. I don't know how y'all other mamas do it.

Me either. Well the answer is, we don't. My house is a mess. Sometimes I just have to let it go. The kids are here, all the time - I will be homeschooling, so there is no relief during the "school year".

They are always hungry, always making messes, always wanting to do stuff. At least there are 2 of them so they do entertain themselves together about 15% of the time....

Lucky for me my kids are old enough to help out around the house. I've got them trained on laundry, dishes, and sweeping. Everything else can wait lol.

Good luck misspriss! When I went into labor I just felt like something was about to happen. Don't know how to explain it. I double checked our bags, the car seat, and took a warm shower.

Jazz, I understand your LO wanting you they're constantly. My kiddos were the same way until they got school age. Of course, DD has been up my rear lately. She's my clinger lol.

Dobby, I can believe our due dates are this week! My little man will be 3 weeks old on his due date :( time has flown so fast!

Yeah, he's just a huge mommy's boy. It's a blessing and a curse haha! Even when he's home SO doesn't do a whole lot with him so he's kinda just attatched himself to me because he knows I'll play. I do try, don't get me wrong I am doing the best I can, I'm not just complaining. It's just hard as you ladies know. And I can't tell anyone else due to the chorus of "Suck it up." "You'll be done soon" "You'll miss all this when you're older" I would hear in response.
But misspriss maybe you're right. Maybe I should stop stressing the cleaning so much. The mess isn't going anywhere. Hell, even if I clean it, it probably won't go anywhere. It'd be there the moment I turn back around at the rate things get messed up around here.

Well, absolutely freaking nothing happened yesterday. The crampiness tapered off and nothing since.

I feel like I slept well last night, but I am so exhausted and groggy feeling I can hardly function this morning. I skipped the unisom the night before last but took it last night, that is about the only explanation.

My bags are packed, everything is ready....I have an OB appointment this afternoon and I'm not looking forward to it.

Good luck at your appointment! You never know!

There has been 0 chance since 37 weeks at any of my appointments. Did a check at 35, 37, 38, and 39 weeks....the only thing that changed was going from fingertip to 1cm dilated, which doesn't mean a whole lot.

I feel like nothing is changing. I don't want him to start talking induction. I don't want to be induced. I'm just frustrated.

The power went out last night, went to bed with the power out. My hemorrhoids are killing me. I'm just grumpy. I don't feel like DH understands or cares at this point, he says all the wrong things (while trying to be helpful). Like last night, he said "Well this is the last time you are going to be pregnant, you should just enjoy the feeling of growing a baby inside you while you can"....I told him that was legit up until 35 weeks or so, but it was insulting to say that to someone who was in pain just sitting down.

Maybe me being grumpy is a sign of impending labor...

Good luck at your appointment! You never know!

There has been 0 chance since 37 weeks at any of my appointments. Did a check at 35, 37, 38, and 39 weeks....the only thing that changed was going from fingertip to 1cm dilated, which doesn't mean a whole lot.

I feel like nothing is changing. I don't want him to start talking induction. I don't want to be induced. I'm just frustrated.

The power went out last night, went to bed with the power out. My hemorrhoids are killing me. I'm just grumpy. I don't feel like DH understands or cares at this point, he says all the wrong things (while trying to be helpful). Like last night, he said "Well this is the last time you are going to be pregnant, you should just enjoy the feeling of growing a baby inside you while you can"....I told him that was legit up until 35 weeks or so, but it was insulting to say that to someone who was in pain just sitting down.

Maybe me being grumpy is a sign of impending labor...

It's like you took the words right out of my mind! Minus the power outage and the hemorrhoids. But you're also a couple weeks ahead of me so it's even MORE frustrating. Here's hoping no induction for you, I know I definitely don't want to face another one either. Last night SO told me "Just start jumping around, maybe that'll get him going" I'm like yeah that's totally in my list of things I want to do while in immense amounts of pain. :dohh:
But again, I really hope things are better at your appointment today, and that you're at least SOMEWHAT more dilated, enough so him to not even mention the induction. I have an appointment tomorrow, and I almost don't even want them to check out of fear of disappointment.

Sorry, you're a week and 2 days ahead of me, but that may as well be a lifetime at this point, am I right?

Sorry, you're a week and 2 days ahead of me, but that may as well be a lifetime at this point, am I right?

Thanks. He is a good doctor, he has not mentioned one word about induction before, so I hope he doesn't. I hope the most he says is "If you haven't gone by next week, we'll talk about our options" or something.

He may have me do a NST or something though, I'm not sure.

I have good days and bad days, I did pretty good right up until 39 weeks I think. I was also doing good about my worries about caring for all 3 of them, but those worries have come back. I'm struggling to care for my older two properly, give them the stimulation and stuff they need, and now I'm adding a newborn?!?! Stressing me out and all. I know DH will be home for two weeks after the baby, which will help. The weather will get better. Things will improve.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll update after my appointment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->