• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

August 2017

Hugs. I hear you. My doctor mentioned induction just as a btw this is the point we'd induce at my 38w appointment and it left me super salty that she even tossed the word out there even if it was 4 weeks away lol. I hope you get good news

Well my appointment went FAB. Went exactly as I had hoped it would.

First, still 1 cm, no change. Baby measuring perfect, heartbeat perfect, etc.

The doctor asked how far I went with my VBAC, I told him it was induced at 39+3 due to hypertension. He asked if I was trying to avoid induction and I enthusiastically assured him I was.

He said he would be fine with letting me go to 41 weeks (by LMP, so like 40+4, but still), and we'd schedule an NST for my 41 week appointment. If nothing is happening by that Thursday (40+6 for me, 41+2 for him) he'd want a growth scan, just to make sure things are fine.

He said if I haven't gone by 42 weeks (41+4 for me) he'll start to worry. I would be keen on an induction at that point, but I don't think it will come to that.

I feel much more relaxed, I know what the plan is for the next week and a half, which gives me plenty of time to have this baby. I know he's not going to go all induction crazy in the next few days, etc.

I came home, had a relaxing bath and listened to my hypnobabies "come out baby" track (did hypnobabies with my last, haven't with this one, but I decided to give it a go). Well before that I went to Target, spent too much money and walked for a good hour, did some squats in empty isles. Now I'm home, sitting on my ball. I can't sit on the ball when the kids are here, they fight me to play with it.

But I feel much less anxious, in a much better mood.

So glad to hear you and the doctor are on the same page!

Met with an lc today and gave nipple shields one last go. To my amazement he latched and drank an ounce in just ten minutes! So we've had two successful feedings with the shield on my left breast (his favored) and a 5m latch on the right. I did pump and still got 3oz (hadn't pumped all day, 2 from left and 1 from right) so storing it for his night time feeding when I don't want to deal with trying to get a shield on in the dark

Awesome news misspriss! Hope that baby comes on his own soon!

Dobby, great on the latching! We still struggle here some days, but it's worth it to push through.

It is. I hope I can keep it up. In other news officially in the purple phase of crying...

Yay misspriss so glad your appointment went the way you wanted and you feel so much better now. Glad to see you peppy and silly again!
Dobby, great job on the successful latching, so glad it's going well for you! I have to say I'm a little naïve though and am not sure what the "purple phase of crying" means. But I'm sure I'd have a good guess.
I have my next appointment in a couple hours. Wish me luck!

Yay misspriss so glad your appointment went the way you wanted and you feel so much better now. Glad to see you peppy and silly again!
Dobby, great job on the successful latching, so glad it's going well for you! I have to say I'm a little naïve though and am not sure what the "purple phase of crying" means. But I'm sure I'd have a good guess.
I have my next appointment in a couple hours. Wish me luck!

https://purplecrying.info/

It's a method for viewing a certain type of crying in newborns. No one knows why newborns cry sometimes, PURPLE crying is a theory as to what it is. At least, that is what I read somewhere.

I can't believe how close we all are - you guys more than me though haha.
Misspriss - can I ask why you don't want to be induced? I myself have heard lots of bad things about induction so it's something I'm frightened will happen!! I was lucky my first came at 39+6 so no tampering (sweeps or cervix checks) happened and he came all on his own so I'm praying this one will be the same! In England we hardly see our midwives!! I saw mine at 36 weeks and she thought baby was breech!! So I had a scan the next day but he was still head down thankfully! I will see my doctor on Tuesday next week for my 38 week check up although I'm not sure what they can actually do because they are only GPs and won't have the dopplers etc so guessing just a check over with BP, urine etc. then I won't see my midwife until 40 weeks exactly - she said with 2nd babies they don't tend to touch you until 41 weeks but if I would like a stretch and sweep that day she would do one.. So we will have to see... Kinda hoping he comes before then to be honest!! Wishful thinking!! Haha :)

I can't believe how close we all are - you guys more than me though haha.
Misspriss - can I ask why you don't want to be induced? I myself have heard lots of bad things about induction so it's something I'm frightened will happen!! I was lucky my first came at 39+6 so no tampering (sweeps or cervix checks) happened and he came all on his own so I'm praying this one will be the same! In England we hardly see our midwives!! I saw mine at 36 weeks and she thought baby was breech!! So I had a scan the next day but he was still head down thankfully! I will see my doctor on Tuesday next week for my 38 week check up although I'm not sure what they can actually do because they are only GPs and won't have the dopplers etc so guessing just a check over with BP, urine etc. then I won't see my midwife until 40 weeks exactly - she said with 2nd babies they don't tend to touch you until 41 weeks but if I would like a stretch and sweep that day she would do one.. So we will have to see... Kinda hoping he comes before then to be honest!! Wishful thinking!! Haha :)

I've never gone into latural labor, and this is my last pregnancy. My inductions have been difficult, painful, bad experiences.

With DS, I was induced at 33 weeks due to severe pre-e. It was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life. Scratch that, THE most traumatic experience of my life (I haven't had many traumatic experiences). The induction ultimately failed, ended in EMCS, it didn't help that maternal complications kept me from my son for 27 hours after his birth, and he was in the NICU. It was an awful experience. The induction part was just a small piece of the process, but it was rough. I was on pit for over 24 hours with no pain relief. Just 1-1.5cm progress, that was it.

With DD, I was induced at term for PIH, given my history of pre-e. DD was a little crooked coming down and got stuck. I was denied food from Tuesday lunch until I got someone to bring me fast food in the middle of the night Thursday night (after she was born), despite the fact that I wasn't in "active labor" until around midnight Thursday morning. I was discouraged by my doctor ("your chance of success if going down"). I was on pitocin for almost 12 hours without pain relief and with no progress, which is very discouraging. After I got the epi (which took multiple tries) and they broke my water, things moved along much better and she was born about 9 hours after. The ending was good, the birth was incredible, and I was glad I didn't have a RCS.

But each induction has been filled with anxiety, pain, and my body just doesn't seem to respond well to induction. There is also an increased risk of issues on account of the CS I had with my first. I really wanted a homebirth with my first, I wanted the experience of going into labor. I want to be able to tell my daughter what it's like to go into labor when she is pregnant, not just shrug and say "well, all of mine were induced, so I don't know what to tell you". I know homebirth is out of the question (not that I want that anymore) but I still really want an unmedicated, uncomplicated vaginal birth that I go into regular, natural labor with. So I'll know for sure if pit contractions are really worse than natural contractions. So I'll know if I have long labors or short labors.

Induction itself is an intervention that opens the door for many more interventions, which increases your risk of complications. I also suffer from anxiety, which does not help.

I thought it was just that some babies cry around 2 weeks lasting some length of time. Purple being an acronym to describe it (basically repurposing and rebranding a colic diagnosis).
Peak amount 3-5+ hours a day
Unexplained
Resists soothing
Pained expression without actual pain
Long lasting (up to 3-5 months)
Evening (usually worse)

Basically saying it's a developmental thing versus comic which blames gas if unseen problems and likes to medicate

I thought it was just that some babies cry around 2 weeks lasting some length of time. Purple being an acronym to describe it (basically repurposing and rebranding a colic diagnosis).
Peak amount
Unexplained
Resists soothing
Pained expression without actual pain

Yeah I thought it sounded like colic, DD had mild colic, or she was a bit "colick-y", but never full blown colic. She'd cry at night, fighting nursing, just crying, no reason. If I could get her to stop crying and nurse, she'd be happy, But it was a tough few months, then she was over it.

Miss my mom had all csections. I could tell she was nervous in my labor room because she didn't know what I was going through, so I did a lot of reassuring her things were not only progressing as expected but better than expected for a ftm. I never once cared that only shared experience was getting the epidural, which I handled better than her apparently lol. What did matter was her presence, the massages she gave me throughout labor, the support and compliments to keep my moral up, and the look on her face the moment my son plopped out. And her support afterwards.

So while I obviously want you to have your desired birth experience I know that you will be your daughter's rock on her delivery day, personal labor experience or not :hugs:

Yeah I think they just want parents to see it as less medical diagnosis and more natural part of development. He's better today. Not sure if it's because I increased how much I hold him or the fact it's been 24 hours since he last had formula or reheated breast milk.

I actually got to cuddle with SO last night so that was exciting lol and since he wasn't fussing I got to stay in bed until 7:30 instead of retreating downstairs at 5:45. He's fighting sleep in my arms so not willing to risk going back to the bassinet when SO only gets another another before he gets up

Dobby sorry for the purple crying! Hope it gets better and is only a very temporary thing!

Afm, I can't believe that today was my actual due date and I have a 3 week old! :O I couldn't imagine carrying him up to this point!

Misspriss- sounds like you've had an awful time with being induced! I pray that you get a natural birth this time around! :hugs:

Where was this purple crying thing when I had Lucas?! This is exactly what he did and all I heard over and over was "He's colicky. There's something wrong with him. You need to take him to the doctor's, he shouldn't be like this." And the doctor's just would say there's nothing wrong. I wish something had shown me this then! It was horrible. Thank you so much for mentioning this to me, now I know that if it happens again it's completely normal.
And yeah, I've only had one induction experience and it was also very painful and uncomfortable, they did it twice AND they sent me home still after the second one. It's just not something you want to deal with if you can avoid it.
I was offered the stretch and sweep today at my appointment, and even though I was tempted, I turned it down. I really just want to do this on my own without tampering to get it going, even though it doesn't always really work anyway. AND I was told that my next appointment won't even be with my own OB because he's going on vacation. I'm like you sure picked the perfect time to go away hahah.

OH OH! One more thing on a bright note. I learned something pretty interesting the other day. I got curious and looked into the day of the week I was born on. Turns out my birthday, SO's birthday and DS1's birthday all have one thing in common, they're all Wednesdays! So now I'm convinced he had to come either today, the 9th or the 16th (but let's hope not this late). Of course I don't think it'll be today. It would just be pretty cool if we all were born on a Wednesday.

Well today I went out to a consignment sale, picked up a few cloth diaper covers and a boppy. MIL met me there and took the kiddos so I could go grocery shopping.

I went to lunch with DH, then went grocery shopping. Hoping the walking helps.

No BH, nothing, although I do have some lower back pain and I haven't had that. I hear lower back pain can be a sign of early labor....with tomorrow being my due date it would be so cool to go tomorrow :D

Fxed miss!!!

So dr thinks fussiness is a hunger thing so back to pumping. She wants him 15m on each boob then 15-30ml of bm in a bottle.

Misspriss - That would be super cool, fingers crossed for you!

Dobby - Wow, really? That sounds brutal :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->