**August 2020 Lucky Testers: 49 Testers - 16 BFPs**

Can you please put me down for August 13th? I might test earlier but not sure. Thanks!

@doggylover I completely agree! March-May we had virtual schooling...June was spent with as much time outside as possible. But July? It's been miserable and we won't hit the peak of the heat until the end of August/beginning of September. We are looking at getting a swing set to hopefully be able to get 10 quick minutes throughout the day to run outside to swing and slide and then come back in before we get too hot. Less than a month until school starts and that will be a big help too!! Enjoy the time with your in laws!! I'm heading into my parents for possibly the last trip we will see them until the end of winter break (my mom is a preschool teacher....trying to convince her to not go back this fall).

@Stargirl1993 I'm planning on OPKs, temping and using pre-seed. Since turning 30, I haven't had the CM that I used to so I'm hoping it helps!!

@Alligator but if you have cheapies available..... lol. i'm a POAS enabler. I just get the itch to pee on something and even knowing it will be negative, it lets me not stress about it for another day or two! So hopeful for you for this cycle!!

@Danizzychar wow! that's a crazy difference!!

---------------
AFM, let my boys play lego video games for a couple hours this afternoon so I could work more on getting our playroom converted into a homeschool room. I think the last thing I need to do for the closet (which is now a school/craft closet rather than a pile of storage) is bring a bookcase down and get our school books put on it. Then I can start "phase 2" of rearranging the room itself and getting some new posters hung up! My goal was to be done the end of July and nearly there! It's been a blessing having this come together when it did because it's a nice distraction from trying!!

I’m assuming you are based in the US? Is it correct that you guys can opt for school return, or online school, or home school for the year? Or is it just until Christmas and then review? I really enjoyed teaching the kids at home these last months (I am a teacher but for older kids) but wish I’d had more time to properly prepare. Sounds like you’re gonna have a lovely space!

Hey ladies , I’m going to jump over here from the July thread. I tested yesterday 9dpo and though I spotted something , took another this morning and same vvvvvvfl. I’m driving myself mad so I’m not testing again until af is due on the 2nd :)

Top 3 are from 9dpo and bottom is 10 dpo...

View attachment 1085526 View attachment 1085527 View attachment 1085528 View attachment 1085529

something is definitely catching my eye, especially on the inverted colours. Keep us updated!

Afm: I had some uncomfortable cramps last night so thought AF would be here, but nothing yet. I’ve got to be the only person on here waiting for af to show, rather than hoping she stays away :haha: but then I’ll be able to start a new cycle and get this funky one behind me.

Totally understand needing to step back from the intensity that TTC can become. Have you thought about going to the doctors to see if there are any fertility treatments they think could help?

I’m 47 in February so I think doctors would laugh at me to be honest.
I think egg donations would be the thing that would be recommended at my age but me and OH want this to be our baby.
I totally respect people getting Fertility treatments but I just don’t think they are for us.
This is our last ditched attempt to have a child before I hit menopause. We have said we will never use contraceptives again and if we get lucky then it’s meant to be :)
I have at the moment regular periods and ovulation and I get EWCM each month so I assuming it must still be possible.
Because we’ve had these possible chemicals recently I think OH’s swimmers must be up to scratch..just gotta hope there is one or two eggs left that are not mouldy.

Hi ladies,

hope everyone is well!

I’m 4dpo today and no symptoms yet I don’t think except I am soooo tired! I didn’t wake up til 9.30am today which is really unlike me :shy:

I’ve also decided to stop temping because all though my chart looks textbook I’m starting to obsess over it and I’m terrified of seeing temp drops and misinterpreting what I’m seeing etc it’s just stressing me out so I’m future I’ll temp to confirm O along with OPKs and leave it from there and see what happens!

baby dust to all :dust:

This period seems to be very heavy? I’m guessing it’s normal first period after a miscarriage? x

@doggylover im butting into this conversation- I’m a teacher in the US. Most every district is giving families an online option if they aren’t fully virtual. My district is going full time in person but with the virtual option for parents to choose. I’m really upset about this because our area is getting significantly worse. I am not comfortable being a guinea pig in this COVID experiment of fully opening schools. I was hoping to be pregnant by the time school started back up so I could maybe convince them that I need to be a virtual teacher. Ha!

Covid has us stressed. My dad's an over the road trucker and won't see us, my sister in law contracted it working at a nursing home and currently in hospital, my friend's who son does our yardwork & hung out this weekend had his football team suspended because the boy who gives him rides tested positive. My friend had a 4 week old and pulling her hair out. I'm so over this pandemic.

Sorry, I have kept that bottled up in RL because I've been terrified of the pandemic since early days and everyone around me is anti-mask/refuse to social distance. :cry:

---
I slept like crap, tossed and turned all night. I expected my temp to be high, but it actually dropped...? It's hovering my coverline.

I’m so over this pandemic too! I know it’s not going away and that just makes me so sad. I hate it so much. I’m anxious for schools to return because my daughter isn’t school aged but goes to a daycare with school aged kiddos. I know she’s going to get sick (as young kids do) and that means anxiety and worry and keeping her home and missing work (I’m working from home but she’s 2, I can’t get much done with her around).

@tbfromlv it’s crazy that anyone is even talking about opening schools... when we decided to close them all in March and the only thing that’s different now is that Covid has gotten WORSE, not better! We just got the email that school will be virtual until at least November 4 (my son is entering kindergarten and my daughter is entering 3rd grade), and I’m certain it’ll be longer (until January at least but likely the whole year). This pandemic can suck it. It’s absolutely relentless and so stressful. My husband is a bar manager and the place was pretty much the most successful, popular place in the city and now it’s been closed since March 17. No hope of reopening any time soon. And I get the reasoning but even with unemployment there’s only so long we can go without income. It’s terrible, it just is going on and on and on isn’t it. However I have loved having my husband home (don’t know what I’ll do when he finally does go back to work, I’ll miss him horribly!) and I do love having the opportunity to homeschool the kids because I love having the whole family home. Avoiding head lice and cold and flu season will be a major bonus, too!!

Sorry I won’t be able to respond to everyone a lot, we are finally visiting family in California that we haven’t seen since Christmas. And who knows when we’ll see them again!

I think I am ovulating earlier than I have been which is great. CD13 today and getting tons of ewcm, which I’ve been getting since cd10. Hoping to get in some time with dh tonight, it’s tricky staying with family but we’re on a mission haha.

good luck everyone!

Oh and I didn’t bring any OPKs or HPTs with me... just kind of needed to step back from obsessing over those. For just 2 weeks haha. So just going on ewcm for now.

Am 4dpo and no symptoms at all I've got a huge feeling am going to need clomid for baby no 3 :(

@Danizzychar I wouldn't wish you to be miserable, but uh... Back aches and tender boobies dust for you!

I ll join you ladies but as an unknown. I had surgical management for retained products 6 days ago which took me out of the running this month. Waiting for af now. I only had an 8 day lp last month so unsure when she is due as the left over hcg probably messed it up. Then I didnt ov til cd 19 so could put me in the September testing but I'd like to cheer you girls on.

Hi ladies,

hope everyone is well!

I’m 4dpo today and no symptoms yet I don’t think except I am soooo tired! I didn’t wake up til 9.30am today which is really unlike me :shy:

I’ve also decided to stop temping because all though my chart looks textbook I’m starting to obsess over it and I’m terrified of seeing temp drops and misinterpreting what I’m seeing etc it’s just stressing me out so I’m future I’ll temp to confirm O along with OPKs and leave it from there and see what happens!

baby dust to all :dust:

Seems like a lot of people are wanting to take a step back from monitoring at the minute. Honestly I wonder if, with the world so crazy at the moment, we just have room in our brains for it all. Whatever the reason I hope stopping temping makes things less stressful for you.

This period seems to be very heavy? I’m guessing it’s normal first period after a miscarriage? x

Yes I remember similar. As if the loss isn’t bad enough, you have to deal with a second heavy bleed. Hope it ends soon for you.

@doggylover im butting into this conversation- I’m a teacher in the US. Most every district is giving families an online option if they aren’t fully virtual. My district is going full time in person but with the virtual option for parents to choose. I’m really upset about this because our area is getting significantly worse. I am not comfortable being a guinea pig in this COVID experiment of fully opening schools. I was hoping to be pregnant by the time school started back up so I could maybe convince them that I need to be a virtual teacher. Ha!

Thanks for the info! That’s terrible things are getting worse in your area, I would hate to have to go back to teaching in those circumstances. So will you have kids in front of you but also be live streaming the lesson for kids at home? It sounds like a logistical NIGHTMARE.

Covid has us stressed. My dad's an over the road trucker and won't see us, my sister in law contracted it working at a nursing home and currently in hospital, my friend's who son does our yardwork & hung out this weekend had his football team suspended because the boy who gives him rides tested positive. My friend had a 4 week old and pulling her hair out. I'm so over this pandemic.

Sorry, I have kept that bottled up in RL because I've been terrified of the pandemic since early days and everyone around me is anti-mask/refuse to social distance. :cry:

---
I slept like crap, tossed and turned all night. I expected my temp to be high, but it actually dropped...? It's hovering my coverline.

Sorry that the current situation is so rough on you and loved ones. I don’t think any of us expected it would be like this for so long. It’s so hard ☹️

@tbfromlv it’s crazy that anyone is even talking about opening schools... when we decided to close them all in March and the only thing that’s different now is that Covid has gotten WORSE, not better! We just got the email that school will be virtual until at least November 4 (my son is entering kindergarten and my daughter is entering 3rd grade), and I’m certain it’ll be longer (until January at least but likely the whole year). This pandemic can suck it. It’s absolutely relentless and so stressful. My husband is a bar manager and the place was pretty much the most successful, popular place in the city and now it’s been closed since March 17. No hope of reopening any time soon. And I get the reasoning but even with unemployment there’s only so long we can go without income. It’s terrible, it just is going on and on and on isn’t it. However I have loved having my husband home (don’t know what I’ll do when he finally does go back to work, I’ll miss him horribly!) and I do love having the opportunity to homeschool the kids because I love having the whole family home. Avoiding head lice and cold and flu season will be a major bonus, too!!

Sorry I won’t be able to respond to everyone a lot, we are finally visiting family in California that we haven’t seen since Christmas. And who knows when we’ll see them again!

I think I am ovulating earlier than I have been which is great. CD13 today and getting tons of ewcm, which I’ve been getting since cd10. Hoping to get in some time with dh tonight, it’s tricky staying with family but we’re on a mission haha.

good luck everyone!

Enjoy your time with family!

@drudai that is so stressful. It’s bizarre how different the response is everywhere. Where I live people are SO so so so strict with distancing/mask rules, it’s crazy to hear about people behaving otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->