August 2020 Peridots

Joining in! Expected due date is August 21st. Haven't had a first scan yet, scheduled it for next Wednesday. I'm nervous because of my previous MMC found at the first scan in my first pregnancy. But the nausea and tiredness has been so much worse this time around so that is somewhat reassuring!

Got you added as well! Welcome! We do have a Facebook group as well

I’ve had a terrible night of nausea, I’ve finally got another prescription now for Cyclizine, I was taking something else before which wasn’t working so hoping this Cyclizine works. I never throw up just never ending nausea. I don’t mind it during the day but during the night I can’t sleep cos of it. Weird though how first thing in the morning I’m absolutely fine but as soon as I’ve had my breakfast it’s back again. Have tried snacks during night as it may be due to an empty stomach but not helped. Am I being way too optimistic thinking another 2 weeks max of this and it should start to subside by 10 weeks? I can’t remember when it stopped or how long it lasted in my previous pregnancies.

Shnsn, my last pregnancy nausea lasted right up to 12 weeks! Hopefully yours subsides before that. Do you eat before bed? I always have a bowl of cereal or yogurt before bed but right before bed is when my nausea hits me and eating helps.

We had an ultrasound yesterday and saw our little gummy bear! Amazing how in just a week she went from a blob to a little formed blob, lol! We got a few little wiggles on screen too! DH videoed some of the exam so we've got that!

With my first the nausea lasted until 12 weeks but it was much worse than this pregnancy. I just can’t wait for it to be over

I’ve given up on cyclizine, it gives me insomnia, if I don’t take it I still can’t sleep cos of the nausea however the medication makes my legs feel jittery like they need to constantly move! I had to go to hospital today as had shortness of breath all night which could be due to the medication or the cough I have, they suspected pneumonia or a blood clot but tests seemed ok. I did have some heart rate issues which could be due to pregnancy. I was allowed to go home but return if symptoms continue, I have a scan tomorrow to check all is well with baby which I’m looking forward to. They wanted to carry out a CT scan but I was concerned about the safety of it during pregnancy, so agreed to come back if problems continue. I think the shortness of breath is from the cough just have this virus going round and it’s at the end now, we’ll I hope it is and not the beginning of something, really don’t like the sound of pneumonia...
So I’m trying to ride out the nausea tonight. I get nausea with a really empty belly hunger feeling but can’t eat anything. I really wish this nausea will end early for me lol

Have you ever tried phenergan for nausea?
Never tried that
I’m going to give it a few days and then ring the doc for a different prescription, I believe there about 5 or 6 different medications, maybe one will work for me.
I’ve had a scan and all looks fine, measuring 1 day behind. Another scan in 2 weeks time hopefully can see the outline of a baby rather than a blob!

Hey. I'm having a missed miscarriage so I'm leaving you ladies. All the best with your pregnancies xxx

I'm so sorry salamander! :hugs:

How's everyone else doing? I'm coming up on 12 weeks and have an ultrasound on Friday. Still exhausted some days, okay others. At least there hasn't been any sign of the nausea lately. Boyfriend is driving me crazy with name suggestions though. He can't come up with a single one that's not a joke or an anime or video game character. I've had to say no to Goku about 6 times already. I'm probably more annoyed than I should be because of hormones but still.

Salmander91 - so sorry for your loss x

I’m feeling ok, nausea has taken a turn today, it’s more saliva in my mouth now than anything else...have managed to clean the house and sort out all the stuff that needed sorting weeks ago! Feel slightly more human today, hope it lasts! I feel I may be getting over the virus too, chest feels much clearer although I still have the annoying dry cough.
I’ll be 9 weeks tomorrow.
How is everyone else getting on?

I have a chest infection and so my coughing is making me sicker. Really struggling to do anything!

I have a chest infection and so my coughing is making me sicker. Really struggling to do anything!

Being sick during pregnancy is the worst! Hope you feel better soon!

A quick update from me. I had more spotting last week so we booked ourselves a private scan on Tuesday. Baby is measuring exactly where it should be. I'm fed up with feeling nauseous now. My breasts no longer hurt which is a blessing as I have a very cuddly 6 year old and his elbows are hard Haha still having lots of cramping and dull aches in my lower abdomen. Not had any spotting this week thankfully. Xx

Screenshot_20200126-165814_Gallery.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->