~~~August Apples 2019~~~

Hi ladies! I will be 34 weeks tomorrow!! I started weekly NST’s 2 weeks ago. I also had to go to the hospital Monday night bc I was having contractions every 3 mins but not painful I had them for at the 3-4 hrs they gave me fluids and the stop after a while. I am getting really excited!

@JJB2 Congratulations on 34 weeks and every day the baby is inside you is a plus given that your DS was born at 32 weeks :) Keep baking till the time is right!
So excited we are getting closer to births...=D>

Thank you @HappyWay! I didnt imagine O was going to be this far!
Yes soon we will have our little ones!

I don't have a birth plan yet either. I really just want to 'just go with the flow' but obviously everyone's telling me that's a bad idea. We had our first pre-natal class this week and I thought maybe that would help me start leaning towards a plan but it really didn't.

No plan is no bad thing at all. My medic and midwife colleagues are actually pleased because it can be difficult managing the mental and emotional disappointment of folk with very rigid ideas of things don’t happen to plan, or they feel like a failure for wanting more analgesia than they wrote down etc etc.

I’m going with the “whatever will be will be” plan - I will have whatever I need, when I need it, and as long as my baby is ok, I shall be delighted!

Hello everyone! I planned on being on here more than I have been. I have been spending the last 2 weeks extremely busy getting everything in place for this baby and also keeping my other two kids busy. This poor baby. Her big sister is always in her stuff and I know she is excited, but it's drivinge crazy! My son was never in the baby things when I was expecting my 2nd and he hasn't been this time either.

HappyWay- I have never actually had a noticeable loss of a mucus plug. The only time I had anything like that was with my miscarriage which was super early on. Before my bleeding started, I lost a huge chunk of mucus. With my other 2 pregnancies, I just gradually lost mucus here and there in the last month. It looks like it will be that way this time too as I noticed a little bit of it yesterday.
I had an appointment on June 17th and they told me they will be checking baby's position at my next appointment. They didn't check at that appointment. I was slightly worried she wasn't head down. It's hard to tell. They will also be doing the GBS swab at my 36 week appointment. I was GBS positive with my son and negative with my daughter. So I am hoping I will be negative again. My next appointment is July 9th.
I can't believe this is the last month and I honestly have a strong suspicion this baby will arrive before August 2nd. She is super low. I have been having lightening crotch all this week plus what I think are a few real contractions. I wouldn't be surprised if I am dilated already. I walked around for like 2 to 3 weeks dilated with both of my other 2. I just want her to stay put unail a bare minimum of 37 weeks so she at least won't be premature, but ideally, I would like her to wait until after 38 weeks so her immune system will be more developed. I will be extremely shocked if I see my due date though. Things just seem too close to the end right now for me to see this going on for another 4 weeks or so. I think it might last 2 to 3 weeks. Of course, only time will tell!
I will also update the front page soon. I haven't been near my laptop lately. I am slowing down this week, though, as I have pretty much everything ready for this baby now.

I've been having a bit a sciatica pain as well on one side. It's manageable though, more of a bother than anything else. I'm back to work today after an amazing 4 day weekend. Friday I did all baby's laundry and cleaned the house. Saturday DH started our Anniversary Babymoon Staycation. Got a nice hotel downtown, had dinner on a rooftop patio in the heart of the city, went to a late night comedy show then out for dessert after. On Sunday (our actual anniversary) we went for an amazing brunch then to the spa for massages. It was awesome. Then yesterday (Canada Day Holiday) we binged a little Netflix and cleaned out the garage. Well needed rest time - away from work.

Since I'm not working Mon-Fri anymore I've only got 10 days left of work! woohoo last day is July 19th. Can't wait!

How do you ladies feel about epidurals? Have you had them in the past, are you considering one for this baby? I don't know how I feel about them yet one way or the other.

I had an epidural put in with my DS but as soon as they sat me down for it the baby drop and I dilated the last 4cm so I didn't get any medicine only the needle which was really scary and after he was born they removed it I had the worse rash due to the adhesive. Def will get one if pain gets unbearable or labor prolongs but trying it as last resource

I had an epidural with my son. I was going to go without one with my daughter because I was concerned the epidual had prolonged labor with my son. I was in labor a whole 24 hours and it took me an hour to push him out.
But then my labor started getting too intense with my daughter and I asked for one. The anesthesiologist took way too long to come..a whole hour! And by the time he got there, I was 10 cm dilated, fully effaced, my water broke and she was coming. I couldn't sit still for any type of pain relief. So I had to go without. It was so painful. I just kept pushing because it was too painful not to. My daughter was born in 2 minutes. I also recovered quickly afterwards and was walking around.
That said, I don't think I want to go through that pain again and I will likely get an epidural again this time (if I can get it in time).

Im 34+4 today and I found out I have cholestasis my levels were not too high (12.9) but still makes me feel a little concern. Anybody has any experience or advise. I will start the urso medication today.
Also my son is having surgery tomorrow to remove his tonsils and adenoids and to put ear tubes in. Im a ball of nerves now

I am planning on taking epidural when the pain becomes unbearable for me, this will be my first birth so i have nothing to compare/expect for labor pains, apart from hearing my WHOLE life that they are the worst that a woman endures!

@JJB2 How are you doing? Hope the medication helps with the bile levels. I know it's easier said, but as the levels are not high and you started the medication, everything will be fine :) Even if the doctor suggests induction if needed, the baby will do great if delivered at this stage :hugs2:
How did DS's surgery go?
Also, you mentioned you were 34+4 yesterday, is your expected due date for Aug 4th adjusted? because i am due on Aug 3 and i am 35+4 today.

It's been a little while since I've updated, I had to go back and read and get caught up! I'm glad to hear everyone seems to be doing pretty good, and that growth scans went well! JJB2, I hope the medication works for you, and that your son's surgery goes smoothly!

I had a growth scan as well, as I was measuring 4 wks ahead at my last appointment. A week after the ultrasound I still had not heard anything back, so I had to call and harass the clinic to get someone to tell me the results (I called them after 6 days, didn't hear back, then it was Friday and I really didn't want to wait the whole weekend not knowing... so I called them 4 times in one day) Turns out that someone had put in my chart that I had already been called and given my results :-s Anyway, I do not have GD (thank you God!), I do have borderline high fluid (but my Dr is not concerned about it) and baby is in the 60th percentile, measuring a week or so ahead.

I'm feeling really pregnant now (gained 30 lbs so far). Restful sleep is becoming more elusive, my pelvis is sore when I get up in the morning, and I'm struggling with getting the basics of cleaning/laundry done. I still have a long list of things to be done before Baby gets here, but don't have any energy or motivation to work on them!

My due date was changed after my 6week ultrasound my due date is Aug 9 but as of yesterday I will be induce around 38 weeks but all depends on the lab work I will have Friday.
My son was just taken to the OR about 15 min ago. I will update once he is out.
Thank you all for the support

@JJB2 glad to hear your son's surgery went well!

I just found out that my OB is going on vacation when I am 35-36 weeks pregnant.. The same week I had my other two children due to pPROM. (water breaking early). It's why I'm a high risk pregnancy. It's why I have to see an OB. It's why my daughter was a c-section. There is no other OB at the practice which means if history repeats I will have to see the hospital's on call OB which terrifies me. My OB is my first choice but I would've liked to have gone to another practice if I had known.. and I asked about this specifically. Now I have to wait until Monday to find out if he's going out of town. I'm still crossing my fingers but meanwhile I'm pretty stressed out.

PitaKat- Glad to hear that you don't have GD! It's too bad you had to call so much!

Weebles- I hope your baby stays put until your OB gets back. Mine is going on vacation from my week 37-39. Although my situation is different and it wouldn't matter if my OB was there. For me, whoever is on call will deliver my baby. It's nice you have such a close relationship with your OB.

JJB2- I have no experience with cholestasis. I hope the medication helps. I am so glad your little boy came through his surgery okay!!

Not much longer for all of us! I can't believe it. I am officially 36 weeks today. I have been having some contractions here and there. It's exactly the same as my pregnancy with my son and I didn't know I was having contractions. This time I know for sure they are contractions. It just isn't active labor yet. I am curious how long I will go on like this. I am suspecting this could continue for at least another 2 weeks but may pick up as baby gains more weight and puts more pressure on my cervix. It feels nice to have made it to 36 weeks and I am just hoping to make it at least one more week. I will breathe easier knowing we have passed the premature stage!

Had my weekly NST today (35wks). Dr is concern Im starting to have more symptoms of preeclampsia. Labs were drawn to check bile acid levels and also all the preeclampsia labs and checking my urine for protein. I’ve been feeling pretty crappy. Headaches, upper belly pain, shoulder pain, vision changes, really bad nausea and the itching at night. I hope its not preeclampsia at least my bp hasn't been above 140/90 much (just a couple times). I will update as soon as I get my labs back. I have a feeling I will have to be induced at 37 weeks :neutral:

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Hopefully your blood pressure will stay stable.

@JJB2 Hope the lab results come back in your favor and you get relief from all the symptoms! Can't imagine going through them at this stage, along with other regular discomforts...hope you feel better :hugs2:

@JJB2 Hope the lab results come back in your favor and you get relief from all the symptoms! Can't imagine going through them at this stage, along with other regular discomforts...hope you feel better :hugs2:
Thank you. Im so ready to start feeling better but LO need a little extra time in the oven I dont want her to have to stay in the NICU

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->