August IUI group

Did you do another pregnancy test? Seems a long time to just spot. Hmm. I was emotional yesterday. I find if I don't have much going on, I think too much and get emotional.

Well, she finally got me today. I thought I'd be really upset about it, but I'm fine. Onto the next cycle. :) Are you going to start doing your ovulation tests this week?

I'll start testing this weekend. I have 3 tests left from my last pack, so I'd like to get my reading with them.
How was your weekend?

Hey girls. Hope you don't mind if I join. May I ask what your guys' AMH was? I am 27 and my AMH is .91. FSH is 9.3. I already have a 9 month old son who was conceived 4 months after going off pill. We are now trying for baby#2...its been 3 months. Went to the doc and that is when I got all my blood tests done. She wants to do injectables with iui and says my AMH is bad and that I got lucky with my son. I have been charting and I ovulate every month. I know my AMH is low for my age but do you think my doc is being a bit of an alarmist or is it really that bad? Should we be aggressive about this and do iui with injectables?

Hi tear. My Amh was 1.39 in June. I was tested since my fsh seemed high but doc assured me with normal Amh I shouldn't be worried. "Normal" can be from .7 to 3.5, so you are still in range. Personally (and I'm no expert), 3 months doesn't seem that long(we've been trying for 3 years!). I have a few friends that found conceiving their second took a lot longer too. Maybe ask for another doctors advice? Good luck.

Brayr! How are you? It's been a while. We're approaching mid cycle-yeah! I will start testing sat or sun. Not sure yet. I am really hoping for this month! I need a break from clomid! My skin is slightly better, but I have been a bit dizzy. I also had a 24hr bug this week. Ugh. I'm going to see a naturopath today about all my ailments. Lol.
What are you up to this cycle? Trying same as last?

Hey West! Sorry, I keep meaning to post, but then get busy and forget.:blush: I will start testing on Sunday too. I'll be CD8, so I shouldn't miss anything. I'm just doing the same as last month. I'll have to the rest of the year darn it. I don't really want to take any unpaid time off. HOPEFULLY, we'll both get our BFP's this month, so it won't matter.:thumbup: Sorry you had a bug! I had one 2 Christmas's ago for the first time in over 10 years. So, I guess I can't complain...other than I was sick on Christmas...Okay, so what exactly is a naturopath?

I found out I got a teaching contract! Finally! Not full time but will help me move up! Yeah!
I went tothe naturopath today too. She is essentially a natural doctor. Naturopath's look at the whole body when dealing with an issue. So instead of prescribing a cream for my rash, she makes sure I'm taking the right vitamins and getting the right nutrients. She also questions other symptoms. I used to go to her for fertility and she was giving me a pergesterone cream(as well as getting me to take the right vitamins et). She thinks I could have a thyroid issue(she thought that when I saw her before too). Apparently my puffy eyes and heck are what makes her think that. Even though I've had blood tests for my thyroid(coming back normal), naturopaths believe the "normal range" may not be normal for everyone. So if I'm not successful with the in this month, I'm going to have a saliva test done and possibly go on some natural thyroid pills.....this is how she got pregnant after years of trying. Food for thought anyway.
Hope you have a good weekend!

So, I got a smiley on my OPK today...and I even waited until my second pee (waited 4 hours...it was complete torture!:winkwink:) That just seems SO early. I know it was early last month too...I don't know what to think. DH and bd last night, but I didn't use any soft cups, or preseed and I got up to pee afterwards. I haven't noticed any cm. I saw SOMETHING Friday, but I wasn't sure if it was left overs from bding the night before. Grrr...

Did you test today?

That is an earlier opk, but then at least you know you'll get a long luteal. I tested neg yesterday so will try today. Second pee is tough! Lol. I usually don't wait the full 4hrs. The fertility clinic said to wait 3hrs, but I know last month I had 2 blank readings and maybe because I didn't hold long enough(?), or maybe too much pee(?). I am so looking forward to not doing these dang tests!

What did your test say today? I had some ewcm, so that's got to be a good sign. So, I'm going to bd every day until I see the shift in my temp. I'm looking foward to being done with all of this too.

I got my pos opk today. Going for 3rd iui tomorrow. Third time is a charm!

Hello ladies! I was hoping I could join the discussion. I have been ttc for 2 years and after many failed attempts with Clomid alone, my doc put me on Femara 3-7, Clomid on cd 3 only, and menopur and IUI. This will be my 5th IUI with a chemical on my 2nd IUI. May I ask how many you ladies have been on and if there have been many success stories on this particular forum? Also, dh has low post wash sperm count.

Hey West! What were DH numbers today?

Hi Hopefullll-I have only done 2 IUI's. The first one I had 2 follicles, sizes 24 & 26 (I think), DH had around 73 million good swimmers and it ended up a BFN. My most recent one was in August. I had 3 follicles. I know one was 14 and the other 2 were in the 20's, can't remember exactly. DH had over 93 million good swimmers post wash and I'm almost positive I had a chemical. I tested my trigger shot out and two days after that I saw a very faint line. A day or two later I got a VERY heavy period. I started Monday, and the Friday before that I had some painful cramps/spasms that went through my whole abdomin and Saturday night, my lower stomach was so sensative that I couldn't even wear loose fitting sweat pants. I don't have proof that it was a chemical, but I think it's very possable.

As far as anyone being successful, I can't remember, but I don't think so. If you're wanting a success story, a friend of mine had been trying for over 2 years. They did clomid, with trigger and IUI. She had 1 follicle and her DH had like 23 million good swimmers and they got their BFP. That was in July. She found out not too long ago that they're having a boy.

Iui went well. DH had 28 million(lower then last two but nurse said anything over 2 million gives same chances). 89% motility! Last time was good too, but in past motility has been around 50%. I asked why they don't do ultrasound before...nurse said, no point since I am detecting a surge so they know I'm ovulating( been on clomid for 4 months now, did 3 last fall) Hmm. Hope I don't need to see doc but if I do I will question what else we can do. Looking forward to not taking clomid this month, no matter what result( but hoping for signs of baby!).
It's our Thanksgiving here in Canada this weekend. Thanks for listening and sharing with me!

Well, you can surge and still not ovulate and I still can't believe they aren't checking to see if you have like 50 big follicles in there. Anyways, I'm glad his motility was up, that's promising. :) I really really hope you get your BFP.

I'm pretty sure I Oed Thursday. I'm still waiting for my official thermal shift though. My temp was a higher than yesterday, so hoping that's a good sign. I kind of hate not taking my trigger shot, b/c I really can only guess when I O right now. At least with that, I knew for sure. Blah....

Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving!!!

How are you doing? I've had a cold and can't help but think my body isn't the most stable place for a bean to grow. If we aren't successful this month, I am going to get my allergies and skin under control. I'm also going to have the naturopath check my thyroid.
I felt bad having a couple glasses of wine last weekend and this weekend is a girl friends bday away...so I will be tempted to have a glass or two. Since the naturopath has me on a wheat and dairy(just cow milk) free diet(to help rule out allergies), I'm feeling even more frustrated. I know I need to relax :)
Hope your week is going well!

Af came today :( Totally bummed. I'm going to get my thyroid checked, allergies checked and skin under control. If my body is more stable, maybe our chances il will be higher. How are you?

I'm sorry to hear that AF showed up. :( Mine should show up anytime after Saturday. I called my FS yesterday b/c since I've been temping, I've noticed that I start spotting brown w/occasional pink (sorry, I know gross) from ovulation to my period. I won't hear back from them until probably Thursday at the earliest, but I let them know that I can't go up there for any procedures due to the fact that I can't take anymore time off this year and my nurse told me that they'll try to come up with a plan for us that doesn't require either of us to miss work. That got me kind of excited.

Are you just going to skip out on any fertility meds/treatments this month?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->