August Sunbeams!

Yay another girl!

Looking forward to yours Mrs W!

I'm a bit bummed. Turns out I misunderstood and today wasn't my anatomy scan but I was given the paperwork to schedule the scan which I will be doing tomorrow, hopefully I can get in within the next week or two. Still very soon just bummed that it wasn't today like I thought.

Got my scan scheduled for next Tuesday! :wohoo: I'm so excited because I've been to this radiology place before, while we were struggling and I had to have 2 hsg's and an u/s to try and rule out various causes of infertility. Every time I sat in that waiting room there'd be tons of preggo ladies and children and I'd cry inside afraid that it would never be my turn. But now it is!! :cloud9: they've got the best u/s in my county so I'm hoping for some really amazing pictures of my little boy :kiss:

I also got my scan date March 30th! Gonna be hard waiting now lol.

Kuawen glad they could schedule you for it so quickly but I totally understand that disappointment.

Got into a car accident this weekend. My OB wanted me to get checked out. The tech let it slip that baby is a girl. She was curled up pretty good, so I'm still going to wait till the 30th to confirm. But my husband seemed really put out when she said girl, and kind of has seemed weird about it sense. After trying for so long I would have thought either would be amazing. Has anyone else had their spouse seem a little disappointed at a gender before?

Glad you get a scan so quick Kuawen! I'm so glad it's your turn!

swimmy - I don't know if my husband was *disappointed*, but he was 'jokingly' kind of a jerk about it for a couple days after we found out we are having a girl. He wanted a boy, but was warming up to having a girl before we found out. Now he's super happy about it! Give it some time to sink in and I'm sure he'll come around.

I have my scan on April 6. Hoping they don't find a penis and the blood test was wrong lol. I doubt it, but it'll be nice to confirm. After this one, doc says I'll get an ultrasound every 4 weeks. Happy about that!

I'm so sorry to hear you were in a car accident swimmy! I'm glad you and baby are okay! Truthfully, both DH and I were shocked when we found out we were having a boy. We had convinced ourselves that it was a girl, and DH hadn't been secretive about his hope for a daughter. I cried for a few days, afraid that I would make a terrible mom to a boy and mourning the things I wouldn't get to experience with a little girl; ruffles, bows, etc. But after a few days of letting it sink in, now we are both head over heels in love with our boy. Just yesterday at lunch in a cafe DH was watching a little boy at another table, probably age 3 or 4, interacting with his baby brother. I asked him what he was thinking and his face lit up "We're having a little boy!" He answered.

It can be a shock to find out one way or another and have the idea of what you'd hoped your child would be doesn't match up to the reality. But given time I'm sure he will love his little girl.

Swimmy - sorry to hear about the car accident, are you all ok? Congrats, another team pink! It's a good job you wanted to know the sex, otherwise it would have been awful if the tech had just announced it! I know a few people who have had a bit of gender disappointment, I think if you've always pictured a boy or girl, it can be a shock to find out you are having the other. But that's one good thing about finding out in advance, dh has lots of time to get used to it and will be excited in no time.

Am I the only one who doesn't know now?! 2 weeks and 3 days to go!!

Kuawen - Excited for your scan! Not much longer now!

Glad to hear all was ok, swimmy! That had to be a scary experience. My DH was a bit disappointed when he found out this one was a girl. He really wanted 2 boys so they'd have someone to play with (all of my cousin's kids are girls) and 1 girl to spoil. However, he's coming around and has even admitted that our DS is kind of a handful so he's glad we're having a girl after all lol. He was disappointed with my first daughter too but after she was born, she had him wrapped around his finger. He was so proud of her! I'm sure your DH will come around for you too. Tbh, I was like you... I didn't really care what it was because we suffered three losses back to back. I just was happy to have a healthy baby, I didn't care what was between her legs.

Mrs. W - I felt the same way. Everyone knew what they were having and my doctor wouldn't give me a scan until I was 20 weeks, so that's why I had a private scan to find out. If I didn't pay for that scan, I wouldn't know what I was having either.

Our scan today went beautifully! Little boy is measuring in the upper normal range for his gestational age, weighing 10oz. It was great getting to see the little details like his button nose and he even swallowed a few times as we watched. All his organs look great and he has all his fingers and toes :cloud9: I was immediately sad afterward that it's going to be a whole 10 weeks until we see him again but by then it'll be the 3D scan and we'll see his chubby cheeks! :kiss: and there's lots of other milestones to enjoy between now and then as he grows stronger and bigger.

I'm glad the ultrasound went well!! :D Just out of curiosity - I've always wondered - how do they weigh the baby in the womb?

You know I had intended to ask and then when I was there I completely forgot to ask :dohh: but I am curious! I understand that the weight measurement is just an estimate and lots of times they get them wrong but it was such a relief to hear that LO is still growing on target. I was a very small baby because of IUGR (intra uterine growth restriction) and I'm terrified of my baby not getting the nutrition he needs to keep growing. But so far so good!

Gotcha. I'll have to ask at future appointments, I'm intrigued. Glad your baby is doing great so far! Hopefully all goes well and you won't have to worry :)

Glad to hear all was well, Kuawen! Always a relief to get a good report :)

Fairy I think they take all the measurements of the baby... the legs, the crown to rump length, etc. then somehow based on the measurements they come up with an estimated weight. I think it is more accurate in the beginning than it is near the end of pregnancy since baby is bigger and it is harder to see everything to get accurate measurements. For me it has been pretty accurate. My babies always measured bigger and were always born in the 90th percentile for their gestational age. When you hear the tech tell you "baby is measuring slightly ahead" then you can expect a big baby. On the other hand if they tell you that the baby is measuring smaller, as long as it is within a week, there is usually nothing to be concerned about. It's usually just an indication you're going to have a small baby. If the tech tells you you're measuring about right on time, your baby will probably be average size.

For example my DD measured 14 ounces at her 20 week scan whereas the average baby is a bit over 10 ounces and she was born 8lbs. 14oz. at 2 days before her EDD. My DS measured 9 ounces at 18 weeks whereas the average baby weighs about 6.5 ounces. He was born at 37 weeks weighing 7lbs. 14oz. and my midwife told me that if he would have went to his due date, he would have been between 9.5-10 lbs. Imagine if I would have went overdue? Ugh! Now with this one I'm expecting another big baby because she's measured ahead at every ultrasound so I'm praying she'll come a bit early, but not too early, if that makes sense. I'd like to at least make it to 36 weeks, however with having had 2 previous D&Cs, an incompatible cervix is always at the back of my mind.

I'm praying every day that my baby will be a good weight or even a little on the big side. I was born at 36 weeks weighing only 4 lbs 6 oz (due to IUGR and pre-e). Big babies run in DH's side of the family and he was born just over 9 lbs and 17 days past due. So I'm hoping we might cancel each other out (and I'm being monitored very closely for pre-e) and have a healthy size baby near his due date! [-o<

That makes sense lilmiss. I didn't know if they weighed just your stomach on a scale or what lol - shows how much I know about being pregnant :haha:

So I asked my friend who is an ultrasound tech, she said they take measurements from the head, arms, legs, and body. Plug them in on the screen and it gives a weight estimation. She did say though that as a baby gets bigger 7+ months it can be off by over a pound wow!
Can't wait for my ultrasound im 2 weeks to confirm what we are having. DH seems to have come around some. We did a mom to mom sale yesterday and he picked out some cute daddy's girl outfits. (And quite a few boy fishing outfits lol) but whatever, a girl can wear froggy fishing cloths lol

Bump got pretty big this week found some maturity pants wow they feel soooo great!

That's interesting how they get the weight. You'd think it'd be a bit more scientific than that. I'm sure it's not 100% accurate at any given time.

Glad you've found the awesomeness of maternity pants! I love them too. My bump also popped out huge this week. I feel like a whale.

Oh I totally get ty whale feeling this week :haha:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member