Avent Sterilizer Faulty Product

Gwizz

Boys Rule!
Reaction score
Hey girls just thought I would port this because it may be of help to anyone else in a similar situation as I have heard of quite a few issues with sterilizers recently.

To cut a long story short my Avent steraliser decided it would breakdown and trip my house electrics every time it was plugged in but I was 3 months out of warranty, but I've still managed to get a replacement ...

After phoning in my issue I received this reply 1 weeks later by email from the retailer.

--------------------------------
Email 1:
Hi Gemma

It seems that this is out of warranty now so there is not much we can do. You can always try to contact Avent yourself and see if they can help at all. Their number is **********. Apologies there is nothing more we can do.

Kind Regards
----------------------------------
My Reply:
Hi *****

I did tell you this over the telephone that is 3 months over its warranty but you insisted you would be able to contact them and speak to them to see what/if anything they could offer me. I am extremely disappointed.

According to the Sales of Goods Act 1979 it has got to be fit for purpose and last a reasonable amount of time. I brought the item just before my baby was born, which is normal to expect, and therefore given that in the UK we are advised to steralise up to the age of 1 year, the actual warranty has run out just before my baby reaches 1.

As this is an electrical fault within the unit it is unfit for its purpose and is unsafe and therefore I am unable to steralise my babies bottles, which could be dangerous for his health.

The purchase agreement is with the retailer not the manufacturer, therefore I assume you will resolve the issue and I should not have to ring Avent myself.

I look forward to hearing a response soon
----------------------------------------------
Email 2:
HI Gemma

***** is now away from the office for a week and has asked me to follow up your enquiry.

I have spoken to the supplier and have advised it is borderline, but under the circumstances of use you have now explained we will happily collect the faulty item and then re-send you a replacement. Can you advise what weekday you are at home so I can arrange this for you?

I am sorry that you have had an issue with this product, it is quite rare so you have been unlucky.

I look forward to hearing form you.
----------------------------------------------

So all in all a positive response. I wasn't looking for a replacement as I have in fact stopped sterilizing now but I do think the warranty on such products should be at least 18 months. I do think retailers are all to quick to fob us off so just try and see what they will do, at least then you've tried instead of just buying another item :)

(sorry if this is in wrong area)
xx

well done you x i agree though these companies ofter=n try to fob us off but if you push it a bit you can get a good result - without going into a long long story lol a few years back toys r us tried to fob me off with their 'policy' for 2 months until i got trading standards involved and got a full refund x

Really :s Have u got the 'normal' one or the digital one?

They are coming to collect it tomorrow ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->