Babee_Bugs - Testing section - BFP PG176 - 1st Scan Booked 13-09-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so they didnt double but they went up what did they say?

Don't freak out just yet. If in fact you were pregnant with twins and did lose one, this number would be about right on. When they did your other blood test you probably still had hcg from the twin which is why your number was higher than expected. Now that hcg from the twin is disappearing and that is why the number didn't double because there was extra hcg that had to get out of your system. Your husband worked out it should have been 260 at the last blood test so for that to double it should be roughly 520 now and it is higher than that. I hope I am making sense. This is your forever baby!!!

Well she asked what my last beta was, so I said 486, and she just went Ahhhh.. She said a doctor hasn't written a plan on the notes, but she will get a doctor to look over the results and I need to ring back in the morning to see what's what.

My HCG was:

13th = 57 10am
18th = 486 11am
20th = 624 5pm

mine didnt double in 48 hours with my second hun, i was told not everyone doubles and as long as its rising nicely they was satisifed,what have they said? sending big hugs xxx

Don't freak out just yet. If in fact you were pregnant with twins and did lose one, this number would be about right on. When they did your other blood test you probably still had hcg from the twin which is why your number was higher than expected. Now that hcg from the twin is disappearing and that is why the number didn't double because there was extra hcg that had to get out of your system. Your husband worked out it should have been 260 at the last blood test so for that to double it should be roughly 520 now and it is higher than that. I hope I am making sense. This is your forever baby!!!

I don't mean don't freak out in a bad way either, I probably could have worded that better. sorry.

The base line is 72 hours, I thought? At least it has been with every doctor I've seen.

Don't give up just yet...I know it's hard, but it's not over yet!

Barbers that does make a lot of sense to me and my OH... I just hope your right...

I hate to think I may of lost another child, but I really hope that there is one still fighting on...

I'm seeing a doctor tomorrow, so I don't know whether to demand a scan or not, would they see anything?..

I passed the tissue/clot on the 14th x

They might see something. My son had a heartbeat at 5 weeks 5 days, but that is rare. I know it's hard to wait, but maybe wait till Monday and get another blood test done. If it was a twin that would explain why the number on 18th was higher than expected. Don't let this blood test worry you, the great news is the number went up and not down and you already had some suspicious things happening in this pregnancy, so it's obviously not the "typical" pregnancy so your numbers can break the rules a bit!!!

I just don't know what's going on anymore... I'm soooo confused, I just need a scan!

Arghhhhh.. Could it just be left over tissue from the d&c I had? I really could just sit and cry, I've Ben on the most horrendous roller coaster for the last few months, I seriously just want to get off :(

No if it was from D&C levels would be dropping not going up steadily especially this high :( I am so sorry hun I wish I could just reach over through the computer an give you a huge hug :(

Hey hun I am really sorry you are going through this ! it is so so frustrating having no idea what is going on with your body ! It may all be ok though so just hang in there. At least now they have a blood results to work off and they will take your case seriously.

:hugs: About getting a scan...I don't think they would see much at this point, even with an internal. I would wait a bit if you can. Also, can you ask to have bloods done again tomorrow? My doctor will do them every two days if I ask. Will they do that for you?

I have read stories about hCG rising a bit slower, and everything being okay, and I'm praying that is the case. :hugs2:

Good Luck love I'm praying all is well I know as time goes on some ladies only double every 72 hours please keep us posted!

I just dont know what needs to be done now?

My GP wants to see me tomorrow for whatever reason? I don't know... And the hospital told me to ring in the morning to find out what the doctor says... I think the best action here is to wait and see what happens :(

i hope all is well tomorrow :( good luck. but for now you are preggo! let the docs worry :) you worry when they say to!

I'm with Babers don't lose hope just yet :) I agree 100% with what she said :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"