Babies room not even started!

proxy bump

Reaction score
I more or less have seven weeks left and starting to feel the pressure to have the nursery finished.

SO and I recently agreed to move into his grandmothers house since we need the room and she needs someone to house sit as she splits her time between here and Flordia. Well, babies room is actually SOs old room as a teen, so needless to say the walls have pen marks and the fan is coated in thick dust. His aunt was supposed to come and paint it but, god as ungrateful as this sounds, the two walls they did are really bad. You can see the strokes, its uneven, blotchy and you can tell they didnt use painters tape to protect the molding and the ceiling. Plus, the brushes and paint are still on the floor and theres a random futon in there, still so much to do!

SO doesnt seem worried at all and im starting to really stress. The crib is still in the box and I dont have a bassinet in our room. I just dont know what to do. If I wear a mask and keep the window open and fan on could I paint it?

We just now got our crib together at 35 weeks, I was flipping out at DH so thank God he finally got to it and put it up. Sorry about the walls, personally I wouldn't suggest you painting but I'm overly cautious.

With DH I had to keep mentioning how much time was left to get him into helping with baby's room. When I told him we technically had 2 weeks until "full term" (although I heard it's been changed but don't tell DH that haha) he spent the entire day in there putting things together and helping me organize:thumbup: I'm sure SO will come around to helping, men are just slower at these things than we are.

Can you enlist the help of a family member or friend to move the remaining futon out of the room so you can start setting things up?

We're going to get some help from his family. All my family lives in a different state and what friends ive made are not really able to drive an hour out to help us but SOs friends should if we ask.

Im really hoping he kicks it into gear, soon. Im hoping to get him into gear by going to look at paint this week.

Im not sure about actually painting. I think im just frustrated.

I know how you feel! I finally got the nursery painted about 3 weeks ago. I enlisted the help of my mom and mother-in-law. A couple days after that, hubby and I put the furniture together, after having it in boxes in the garage for about a week lol. My mom came over last Friday to help me organize and put everything together, since my shower had just happened, and the room was in shambles! I was so overwhelmed! Now I am just trying to muster up the courage to ask hubby to buy the bedding set I had registered for, but did not receive. It's kind of expensive, and he's hesitant on buying it :( If I was still working, I would have bought it already! Our cousin has the bassinet hubby would like to use, since his dad or grandpa or someone built it. I would rather use the one we have in our family, but he seems to want to use this one. We SHOULD be getting that on Thanksgiving. They live over an hour away, and hubby's brother lives near them, so I kindly asked him to pick it up for us and bring it on Thanksgiving.

I am getting nervous!

I'd ask your doc, but I painted my Ds #2s room myself at about 34 weeks (it was early summer so with all windows open and fans going to direct the fumes outside) I finished in one day but it was a small room. It also depends on the paint.
as for being behind.... I'm 32 weeks with #3 and have a history of early deliveries (37&38 weeks) and don't even have a room for baby! Not washed any baby clothes! Its hard enough to stay on top of our regular laundry (which I am behind on!!) and house work while working!! I'll be lucky to have anything ready at my pace!
hope you SO comes around soon. My dh probably won't do anything to help as all I really can do is clean, wash, and organize. (not too upset with him as if he did do something my OCD would kick in and I'd have to redo it even if it was done right!!

Going to look at paint tomorrow!

One small step lol

Kmp- I understand the overwhelmed feeling. I have bags and bags of baby things and so many.clothes for random ages that needs to be washed and put away and here I am in bed watching tv lol
As for funds, im lacking a few key things. Like a dresser to put baby clothes and I just left my job when we moved and SO doesnt have a job yet either. So....bleh.

I hope you get that bedding set though!

Em- Ill ask once I set up my next appointment. I have to wait until I can get my paperwork to release my medical records to a new doctor since I moved. SO says he will paint. He doesnt even like me going up and down the stairs too many times in a day, let alone paint. But it seemed to light a small fire under him.

You can get low or zero fumes paint. I have been using Annie Sloan chalk paint on furniture and that is safe. Just get a decent mask and have windows open, it should be fine.
I'm stressing about nursery too... I am from the UK but live in NZ and my family are coming over for December so there is a king bed in baby's room at the moment, until they leave. It is stressing me out but with the help of friends I'm sure we will get everything sorted.
Just don't be afraid to ask for help!

Tbh I barely stepped foot in my son's nursery until he was 3 months old and we started putting him in his crib to sleep. I only just got this one set up but that was because I needed somewhere to put the baby clothes. Nesting makes us feel like there is a time crunch but there really isn't, you can still do it once baby comes.

How is the closet space in what will be the nursery? I've put most of LO's clothes hanging in the closet, although we do have a small dresser that I've put socks and onesies but everything else is hanging. We've been thrifty and getting everything used, if you're in the states have you heard of a site called offerup.com? We have gotten so much baby things and furniture close to home with that. The bassinet I bought was barely used and the woman sold it for $20 - I don't think I would have found a better price anywhere else.

It's a bit of a joke in my family that I can always be found at 8 months pregnant, sitting on a gym ball, painting! I've done it with all 3 babies and this one was no exception. My DH is a bit rubbish at painting so I wanted it done properly :)

I just made sure I used breathe-easy paint and kept the rooms well ventilated. Emulsion is water based so there's nothing harmful in it, as far as I'm aware, and I've been given the all clear from my midwife to paint each time :)

I like to have the rooms ready early so they don't have that new paint smell by the time baby moves in at 6 months old :)

Mrs-
His closet is fairly big and luckily has some shelves built in which I had planned to use until I found a desser. Plus, SOs aunt got us some neat oraganizing boxes that hang on the door as well.

Ive never heard of offerup.com but I will go check it out, thanks :)

My paint shopping might be put off for today since im needed at a friends to watch her son while she rests. Poor thing was up all night with her two dogs who seem to be dying. :(

But I look into all the paint suggestions and advice offered! Thank you all so much. Im a ftm and a long time worry wart so I tend to fret over things, moreso as my due date rapidly nears.

Mrs-
His closet is fairly big and luckily has some shelves built in which I had planned to use until I found a desser. Plus, SOs aunt got us some neat oraganizing boxes that hang on the door as well.

Ive never heard of offerup.com but I will go check it out, thanks :)

My paint shopping might be put off for today since im needed at a friends to watch her son while she rests. Poor thing was up all night with her two dogs who seem to be dying. :(

But I look into all the paint suggestions and advice offered! Thank you all so much. Im a ftm and a long time worry wart so I tend to fret over things, moreso as my due date rapidly nears.

Off topic- but we have the SAME due date! :) :hugs:

I haven't touched a thing in baby's room either. DH started stripping an old dresser we had in order to re-stain it to match the crib, but other than that we haven't done anything. The room is currently a hideous purple color. :haha:
I'm leaving work in a couple more weeks so I hope I can get it all done then. But like PP said, they won't actually live in the nursery until about 3 months so I keep putting it off because I have that in my head! :blush:

I don't even no if I have everything, we are due to move house anytime soon so our life is in boxes, all baby clothes and stuff are in boxes, I dont even properly have my hospital bag sorted yet. Until we get a moving date I don't no how close it will be to my due date that the nursery gets done, we don't have a dresser or chest of drawers or wardrobe to even put the baby clothes in yet as dont see the point buying it to move it to the new house, more hassle on moving day. Baby will only be in our room for about a month at most then when oh goes bk to work she's in a different room as they will disturb each other and that wud be no good for anyone so nursery really could do with being the first room done but we have so many more general important things to do when we move in. I just figure that all of this is actually very superficial and as long as the baby has somewhere to sleep, has food, and is warm enough then the rest can all come in time.

With ds I decorated his nursery at full term/overdue including floor, ceiling, wall and internal woodwork (loads of beams windows banisters etc). I'm glad it was done then as he did end up moving in there at 10 weeks.
Anyway the only thing that happened is that I got stuck on the floor and couldn't get up :haha:
I was in the middle of decorating our kitchen this pregnancy when I got told I may have an issue with my cervix shortening and dilating so I stopped.
I've still been doing a bit of the easy stuff though, I just open all the windows.
Xx

Aj- yay for same day bumps!
New years eve is my great grandmothers birthday and new years day is my grandmothers birthday so I really hope he comes on time, lol.

I would set up the crib in our room but theres no room and I think I was fretting more about where he'd sleep but then again I just remembered I do have a pack and play that I can use.

But thankfully, after much pouting and proding, we got our pant and my dad is coming over tomorrow to help SO with painting. Yes!

I ran the idea of opening the window, turning on a fan and me wearing a mask to help out but everyone rejected that fairly quickly, lol.

But once its painted and aired out I plan to spend my days getting the crib together, washing a set of clothes for him, and packing my hospital bag in preperation. Anything to help the time pass and the whole staying home thing is driving me up a wall. I cant believe how much I miss working.

I'll be 29 weeks with twins tomorrow and DH still has not started clearing the room we are using as a nursery! I know we still have time but i wanted to be involved and am really struggling these days due to SPD and he will end up having to do it all on his own. He is a painter and decorator by trade so has no excuse not get get this done! lol

Maybe going to collect our pram today will make him realise just how close we are getting and he needs to shift his bum! :haha:

I'll be 29 weeks with twins tomorrow and DH still has not started clearing the room we are using as a nursery! I know we still have time but i wanted to be involved and am really struggling these days due to SPD and he will end up having to do it all on his own. He is a painter and decorator by trade so has no excuse not get get this done! lol

Maybe going to collect our pram today will make him realise just how close we are getting and he needs to shift his bum! :haha:

Tell him to get his butt in gear! Lol

My SO thinks just because my due date is seven weeks away we have seven weeks to plot and plan. He doesnt take into thought little man might come early but thankfully my dad is able to give him an extra push since he drove all the way out here to help out. Gotta get these men out of the procastionation funk. (I say as I sit in my room watching netflix.)

And oh, twins! My friend has twin girls and I dont know how she did/does it!

But they are the sweetest little girls ever.

My induction date is approx 8 weeks on monday and these could come anytime lol But he see's it as if they come early they will be in NICU for a few weeks so will still have time :dohh:

These are my first so i don't know any different.... if i keep telling myself that i might believe it eventually! lol DH is so excited he can't wait for them to get here! Hope the novelty doesn't wear off with him or my family lol

My induction date is approx 8 weeks on monday and these could come anytime lol But he see's it as if they come early they will be in NICU for a few weeks so will still have time :dohh:

These are my first so i don't know any different.... if i keep telling myself that i might believe it eventually! lol DH is so excited he can't wait for them to get here! Hope the novelty doesn't wear off with him or my family lol

We're on our first as well, so sometimes it just seems...unreal. At times I forget im pregnant and just feel; fat. Then he'll shift and i'll get all excited all over again. SO bounces between being excited and fauning over my belly to waving it off like its nothing to be bothered about.

Heck, he didnt even act excited when we first found out. It wasnt until I was talking to his buddies that told me its all he was talking about to them....even though we were going to wait until 12 weeks. Lol

And twins will keep you on your toes. I helped my friend feed them once and it was...messy. But they both had bad acid reflux as well but double the love! Plus, think about all the adorable outfits. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->