Baby Babblings

Update:

Little sis was sent home last night after labouring for 13 hours bc the pitocin didn't change her cervix. They want her to go back in at 10 am to try again...she's scared...I feel bad for her, but she insisted on induction bc she was "tired of being pregnant." They didn't allow her to walk the entire time she was being induced, which is weird and counter productive! I told her to go in today but insist on walking to get things going, and also to take a large yoga ball to bounced on and rock back and forth on during contractions...here's hoping we have a baby today!

Awe bless her! Must be aweful for her. Lots of walks, bouncing and fresh pineapple is supposed to help too. Fingers crossed baby comes soon! Xxx

Is she considered a high risk teenah? I know over here that if you are considered high risk for any reason they insist on you being in bed. Its like that here for if u have vbac (vaginal birth after cesarean)..they want you in bed only as there is a risk of the scar tissue opening up.

Could be that youre not feeling baby blue as much laura because when youre at work your mind is not going to be fully 100000% on whats going on with your body. Im sure hes moving around just as much but that youre not as aware of it as youre concentrated on your work.

I hope that your sister has a better labour day today btw teenah. Sounds like shes in for a long one!

As for the labour...my mum had both me and my sister without any pain relief and had two shortish births which she credits to no meds (6 hrs with my sister, and 4 hours with me and that was with induction!). So when my time comes im going to aim for 100% natural with nothing. Im open to the idea of gas and air but I dont want meds. Ive read that having assisted labour with meds can really slow down how fast you heal post labour and I want to be up and about as quick as poss. I would love a water birth tough! Whats your birthing plan?

Yh I think that's why I'm not feeling him so much during the day, he's not so active at night neither and that's when I worry, may she's tiring himself out during the day so sleeping more at night?!

As for labour, my SIL hadn't dilated further than 5cms in 10hours, as soon as she had the epidural she went straight to 10 as her body had relaxed and let it do it's thing. Go your mum tho! I'd love to not have anything but I'm happy to accept help :haha: xxx

Labour update:

Little sister dialated to 2 cm with the help of Cytotech - a pill inserted into vajayjay...she then got a shot of Demoral and completely flipped out - she called me sobbing and slurring her words...apparently she was drugged out of her mind bc she said that she doesn't remember calling me! I guess around 3 cm she was given an epidural and around 10 pm she was 5 cm. She has about 2 hours until her next cervical check, hopefully she's complete and we can have that baby! Eeeeee!

As for my birthplan...it's flexible but I do have goals:

1 - Med free
2- Delayed cord cutting until the cord stops pulsing (INSISTING ON THIS UNLESS THE BABY IS IN DISTRESS)
3 - Immediate breastfeeding and skin to skin w both me and DH
4 - NO BINKY'S, BOTTLES, FORMULA, OR SUGAR WATER - only breast, a comp. would be pumping and tubefeeding - I don't want my baby to have nipple confusion, and I certainly don't want her to drink formula (personal preference)
5 - MOST IMPORTANTLY, I would like the freedom to eat/drink/move around during labour.

P.S. Did I mention that I started making colostrum!!! I discovered it two nights ago and got really happy! :) Have you started producing it yet girls?

Teenah - Hope your little sis has some luck soon and baby joins the world :happydance:

Sounds like you know what you want when it comes to giving birth, I haven't made a birth plan as they hardly ever go to plan anyway, just going to go with the flow and have pain medication as and when needed. Not sure about the colostrum but I have had some dry skin on nipples so not sure if it's dry colostrum or not? :wacko: xxx

We got Tyler's Moses Basket today :D

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/natt2005/MosesBasket.jpg

Go lil sis! Sounds like she's having a rough time of it! Fingers crossed baby is almost here now.

Wow you are planned lol my plan is to get baby out! :haha:

I get a sort of thick discharge from my right nipple, but only enough to fill the cracks lol I've had this for a while now tho, my boob havens changed at all, maybe a fraction bigger but other than that nothing! My nipples are darker and that's it. As they are I think I'll struggle to breast feed :( grow boobies grow! :haha:

Over here if you can't breastfeed or express into a bottle they give you formula, well no make you go and buy formula! Not heard of sugar water being given to newborns or babies full stop.

Natt that's gorgeous :happydance: he'll love it :) you should put a grow in there :haha:

Can't wait to be able to go and get lil blue's things, still need to decide on a nursery theme tho! I really like the very hungry caterpillar and have found someone who hand makes everything for the nursery! I don't want blue as its too stereotypical, I wouldn't mind a green and brown jungle theme either tho :) his carpets cream so we can go pretty much anything which is good.

Starting to feel him more during the day now which I love :) he was kicking my desk today lol

Sooooooo tired the last couple of days! And Simons working til 6 which I hate :( another hour and half on my own cause it takes half hour to get home :( xxx

Laura - Thank you hun, it rocks aswell which is cute :D Haha yeah, make it look like he's here already :winkwink:

Won't be long now chick until you can decorate Blue's nursery, I'm sure you will think of a theme, jungle theme sounds nice :D

Yay for feeling him move more, I must admit, Tyler is a lot more active during the day now! I hardly feel him at night, must tire himself out :haha:

I know the feeling of being tired hun, Karl said to me this morning that I look like I could sleep for a week! I feel like it aswell! :hugs: xxx

:growlmad:Aww bless him :) I fall asleep as soon as I'm in bed lol I could nap now but know I should be making mums birthday cake lol

He's just been doing somersaults but every time I try to video him he stops :growlmad: lil sod lol I'll keep trying to get a video and post one when I do :winkwink:

I'm hungry now which is making me feel sick :nope: xxx

:growlmad:Aww bless him :) I fall asleep as soon as I'm in bed lol I could nap now but know I should be making mums birthday cake lol

He's just been doing somersaults but every time I try to video him he stops :growlmad: lil sod lol I'll keep trying to get a video and post one when I do :winkwink:

I'm hungry now which is making me feel sick :nope: xxx

Aww bless lol, I wish I could fall asleep as quick as you! Ooo birthday cake! Can we see a picture when it's finished? :D

That's usually the case chick, you'll get him eventually though when he least expects it :haha:

Uh oh, get something to eat hun? Having an empty stomach isn't good xxx

It's one thing I've never struggled with lol of course :) I'm doing a round cake, 3layers with cream and strawberries I between each layer. Then I've got some chocolate curls to put all the way around the side then I'm gonna pile it high with fresh berries on top :) just hope it turns out as good as in my head lol

I'll try and get him tonight ;)

Had some chocolate :haha: Chinese is ordered now tho ;) xxx

Hey :)

Good thanks Hun, how's you? Lil blues quite low this morning again lol

Just finished mums birthday cake so thought I'd share it with you all :)

https://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab82/laura_28_06/temporary-11.jpg

Xxx

Awww hun glad to hear his getting lower :D Im good thx hun. AF due today No SHOW :D awww and that cake is making me hungry lol better hit the kitchen HEHE :D:D:D x x x your mum will love it. x x x

Thanks hun she loves it :)

Ooo yay for no af! :happydance: will you test or wait a couple of days? Fingers tightly crossed for you my sweet xxx

Get some food! Lol xx

Laura - I would swap with you in that department any day lol! I woke up this morning feeling so rough! Felt like I had drank about 10 pints last night! This not sleeping is killing me! :( :shock: YUMMY!!!!! I'm sure your mum will love the cake, it's amazing chick! Wish I could stick my hand through my laptop screen and pinch a bit :haha:

Jess - Hiya hun :D I'm not too bad thank you. How are you? Yay for no AF! Fingers are crossed for you :happydance: xxx

Aww lol thanks hun :) it tasted pretty good too! :haha:

Soooo cold and tired tonight! Need to go to bed! Lol xxx

Aww lol thanks hun :) it tasted pretty good too! :haha:

Soooo cold and tired tonight! Need to go to bed! Lol xxx

Glad to hear hun, looks so yummy! :D

Aww no, I get cold when I'm tired. Have an early night and chillax :haha: I have done bugger all today, got up, had a bath and just chilled :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->