Baby doomers

I have a mate who is digusted by my belly. It does offend me as she on more than one occasion said if she was preg and her belly moved she would punch it! who the heck would do that to their own baby? I tried explaining if that where your baby yuo wouldnt punch it and she wasnt having none of it. she just looks at my belly in digust when I am having them special baby movement moments. Its the OH sister so not like I can fall out with her but I hope she never gets pregnant!

Not everyone wants a child, and for those who don't, this wouldn't be an unfamiliar response. They wouldn't feel the same way about a pregnancy as someone who was trying and really wanted one.

And if they ever found themselves with an unwanted pregnancy, they wouldn't view the pregnancy as a "baby" but rather a "parasite" or "alien". People who WANT the pregnancy automatically see it as "their baby" from the moment of conception.

Doesn't make it right or wrong, just a difference in view (or religion). I'm sure that view would change if they ever decide they WANT to have a kid, and I'm sure if she ever does WANT to have a child, she would never punch her stomach, regardless of what she may have said in the past.

She just is full of hatred for some reason. And I found her responce harsh against a baby. I did say to her I doubt she would do it to her own child. Mine was unplanned also infact I didnt plan to have kids but its welcomed :cloud9: Nothing to do with our religions we are the same. She is a lot younger than me though. She is good with kids though i think its the body thing that freaks her out. And she is quite agressive anyway. Just wish she would stop calling my baby digusting when it kicks :cry: But then I suppose she wont understand if she has never been pregnant.

She just is full of hatred for some reason. And I found her responce harsh against a baby. I did say to her I doubt she would do it to her own child. Mine was unplanned also infact I didnt plan to have kids but its welcomed :cloud9: Nothing to do with our religions we are the same. She is a lot younger than me though. She is good with kids though i think its the body thing that freaks her out. And she is quite agressive anyway. Just wish she would stop calling my baby digusting when it kicks :cry: But then I suppose she wont understand if she has never been pregnant.

It's just always good to remember that different people handle, value, and view things in different ways. You never know, if she found herself pregnant, she might change her view, like you did, and welcome it.

But then again, she may still feel the same way. But, that's why we hope BC works.

As far as most of the unwanted advice/comments people say, I've found this happens with just about everything. I'm stubborn enough that I just ignore it and do things my own way, anyway.

The only ones that truly know what is best for us in our own lives is US. Just remind yourself of that when you find someone saying something annoying.

i hate it when people say 'ooo your body will NEVER be the same again' and you can guarantee half the time its people who havent had a baby so how the hell would they know?! also when people find out and say things like 'i thought your face looked puffy' even when i dont look any different!! why say something so rude anyway!

My mum likes to look at me, laugh and snigger and go "god you dont know what you've got yourself in for...you can't even shit by yourself!"

OH's mum likes to snigger when OH mentions anything baby related and goes "you have such a rude awakening my dear, it is so fucking awful having a baby."

Errrr....cheers!!!

I actually don't mind this, my mum calls grandchildren the greatest revenge lol. Fair's fair, we'll be doing it to our children when they're expecting.

My mum likes to look at me, laugh and snigger and go "god you dont know what you've got yourself in for...you can't even shit by yourself!"

OH's mum likes to snigger when OH mentions anything baby related and goes "you have such a rude awakening my dear, it is so fucking awful having a baby."

Errrr....cheers!!!

I actually don't mind this, my mum calls grandchildren the greatest revenge lol. Fair's fair, we'll be doing it to our children when they're expecting.

Speak for yourself. I'll be encouraging towards my kid/s when they're grown up and having kids of their own.

Thats what my mums like also, she hasnt said anything thats involved in this thread. She says people make it out to be so bad and that we where all great kids. So i will be doing the same. There is no point on dooming someones pregnancy as whats done is done.

Lol, well I fully intend to embarrass my kids and wind them up when they're older. That's one of the best bits about being a parent ;) I think you can wind them up as well as being really supportive. My mum always takes the mick and says "revenge" when I'm taking to her about a problem I'm having with Kaya, it doesn't mean that she's not supportive and has good advice as well.

Lol, well I fully intend to embarrass my kids and wind them up when they're older. That's one of the best bits about being a parent ;) I think you can wind them up as well as being really supportive. My mum always takes the mick and says "revenge" when I'm taking to her about a problem I'm having with Kaya, it doesn't mean that she's not supportive and has good advice as well.

Embarrassing them and maybe muttering "revenge" every now and then is a world away from saying "It's fucking awful having a baby", which is what JayleighAnn said her mum has said.

Ugh yeah I so hate this. It's like when people ask me if I'm nervous about the birth and I say no they give this knowing laugh like I'm nuts! I'm not stupid, I know it's painful but I'm not gonna worry about it because it's 1 day out of my life and it has to happen. Similarly when I say I just want gas&air people act like that's totally impossible and I'll end up having everything. Some people! x

I had a babydoomer message today I have a copy of it in the Jan thread.

Person from another site , male. Didnt like my scan pics and decided to call them digusting.I took offence but left it and got thread deleted. he said sorry but I ignored him as she started going into how crap his kids where. So months later he pms me this morning again saying sorry and all the best but has the line in that i will understand when baby is puking and poohing i will find it the same as him! arsehole.

I gave him a good answer though.

weird I can see them on my CP but they are not showing! I have to see my tickers!

edit> there they are, playing tricks just like baby does to!

weird I can see them on my CP but they are not showing! I have to see my tickers!

edit> there they are, playing tricks just like baby does to!

Nope....they weren't on your last post:dohh:

Mine disappeared yesterday on here and another forum but are back today:happydance:. I'm glad I didn't start mucking about and making new ones:hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->