Baby Mine

Hi ladies! Long time no speak. It's funny, pregnancy - I'm realizing that sometimes it seems like every week something new happens, and then as you move along, it becomes much more...well, nothing new this week! ;)

I AM definitely feeling baby moving around in there now...mostly it's early in the morning, before I get out of bed, and then at night after dinner when hubs and me are sitting on the couch contemplating going to bed at 9pm (like the lame-os we are now, ha!). It's too light for him to feel, although it's really cute because I can tell he really wants to. So I don't make a big show of it or tell him every time I feel something...I figure, I can do that more when he can share in it with us, but it always gives me a little thrill. Heehee.

On another note...we're having trouble with boys' names. I had about seven names I loved had it been a girl...for a boy, it's like I still haven't hit on one I really love. My mom says just pick one, and before you know it, the baby becomes the name and they are one and the same. I guess she would know, ha.

How are you two doing?

I was beginning to wonder about you guys!

Things are going pretty well here. I am definitely feeling a little movement here and there. Sometimes I still wonder if it's the baby, or if it's just gas bubbles. I'm sure soon enough, I'll know for sure... when it starts kicking me hard enough to tell! lol :haha:

I finally broke down and bought some maternity clothes. My boobs have probably doubled in size, and now none of my pants fit anymore. I still don't really have a "round" bump, I'm just growing out, and looking like I'm getting fat. lol I've put on about 12 lbs total. *sigh*

Next Wed. is our scheduled ultrasound to see what gender we're having! Can't wait! :happydance: Hopefully the little one cooperates, and gives us a good shot.

Emmy, I know what you mean about boy's names! We picked out a girl's name in minutes. We're still going back and forth on names for a boy though...
For a girl, we're thinking Cadence Grace. Probably call her "Katie" for short. For a boy, the name we've semi-chosen is Landon Michael. Although we have tossed around "Tanner" for a boy as well. I think I prefer Landon though.

Red, how are you doing? :flower:

Oh God, I've been in maternity clothes for a few weeks now...first of all, I got a bunch from recently-pregnant friends so I didn't have to make the decision to BUY any, and secondly - they're just freaking comfortable!! I know I'll miss them when I'm not preggo anymore, I love them!

My boobs definitely don't fit into my bras anymore, THAT I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

The first time I felt movement, I was sitting in the theater watching The Dark Knight Rises, so maybe I should name him Bruce Wayne. HA! No actually though we talked last night...since neither of us had a boy name already picked out, I'm thinking it might be nice to name him after our fathers. I was alot closer to my dad than he was to his - my dad is seriously one of my heroes. So we agreed that if we do that, my dad's name would come first.

So he would be Richard James. At first I wasn't thinking of Richard as one that I really liked, but the more I think about it...the more I think it's very dignified and strong (and Richie is a cute nickname for a little boy). We shall see!

Aw lots of movements! Yay!!

I bit the bullet the other day and bought maternity clothes, you're right, they're so comfy! I can still fit in low rise jeans though as long as I don't spend too much time sitting down.

Backache has started to get me a little, but it's not too bad at the moment, let's hope it stays that way!

We may have Samuel Lawrence if it's a boy but we're nowhere near settled on it yet... Still, 17 more weeks to pick something!

Feels like it's starting to get closer - I'm getting a bit more nervous if I'm honest, but more excited too :)

Glad you ladies are well :)

Hello, girlies! :flower: How are we doing?

Everything going well here so far. Still putting on weight, but I haven't been eating all that healthy in the last week or so... :blush: I need to start walking/exercising!!

Can't wait til Wednesday! Hoping LO cooperates, and we get a good shot. I'm so excited (and nervous) to find out what we're having! We were going to do a gender reveal party with our families, but figured we would wait until after the scan, just in case they couldn't see anything. Well, now my in-laws have headed to Florida for the next 4-8 weeks, and my own parents will be gone from mid-Sept. to mid-Oct! I don't think I can keep it a secret until they all come back!

I guess either we'll just tell everyone, or I'll come up with some creative way to announce it. But I was really looking forward to doing a family party. Oh well... :shrug:

What's new with you two? Hope all is going smoothly!! :hugs:

Well, we had our ultrasound today! The lady said it was the most active baby she has seen in a long time. The little one was wriggling all over the place, took them awhile to get all the shots they needed. Little stinker!

I'm measuring exactly right on, so that's good.

Here's our little Squirmy:

https://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa379/ryodanslass/Image02.jpg

YAY! Maybe that means he/she won't be lazy and will be doing all his/her own chores soon. ;)

Speaking of...did you find out gender??

Wow two boys!! Congrats Kal!

I tried to put my scan pics up but the way the OH scanned them made them too big for this site - I'm about as technological as Aristotle so can't work out how to change the size but I'll ask him when he gets home.

I think we're going to have a night-time baby - he/she seems to love kicking me at 1am but is quiet as a mouse at the moment (as I write it starts kicking me... thanks for making me look stupid baby!!! :haha: )

I still haven't put back any of the weight I lost early on - which I am pleased about, but I'm just waiting to start putting it on!

I'm having a few days of feeling quite tired, but trying to get out and do some exercise, swimming is out until I go and find a costume I like that fits!

Glad to hear everything is going well :)

Wahoo! Two members of team blue now...Red, you know that means you must be having a girl. ;)

Congrats on all being well! I have my 20 week scan next Wednesday, and that's like the last exciting thing that happens until the actual birthday, HA!

Red - I doubt there will be swimming in my future. ;)

I was really excited, because I was almost 100% sure I was having a boy, and that's what I wanted for our first!

We told our parents, and our siblings... haven't told extended family or friends yet. It's driving my grandmother nuts not knowing. Which amuses me. She's "that" person in our family, the one who has to know everything about everyone, and gets offended if she's not told something, etc... She keeps saying "our baby" and "I'll be happy if", like she is the one giving birth. I'm trying not to let my hormones get the best of me, but heaven help me, I'm enjoying keeping her in suspense just because I can. :haha:

I have noticed I've been a little more... sensitive? than I usually am during this pregnancy. Things irritate me a little faster, or something that wouldn't normally bother me kinda does. Nothing to extremes, but definitely a little touchy! Like PMS. For months. :dohh:

I cry at everything Kal... and I mean everything! I ended up crying yesterday as I had one negative thought that spiralled and spiralled until I was fretting about whether Dan would have a car crash on his way back from work... I burst into tears when he walked through the door!

Dan felt the baby kick for the first time last night - as if the baby is learning early it kicked him in the head! He was laying with his head on my tummy and I felt the baby kick a couple of times - on the second one I asked him if he felt it - and he said it was him pinching my leg, and I said "no my tummy" and he said something like "oh, yeah, I felt that..." not realising it was the baby!!!! Men are so cute sometimes... he asked me when we went to bed if it really was the baby!!!!

Haha, aww...he was probably thinking about it all night. The tadpole is doing his best Robbie Gould impression in there, but I don't know if hubby could feel it yet from the outside. I always try to lay my hand on there and see if I can feel it from the outside, but it's hard to tell. I don't know how to explain it - it's like I can't gauge whether or not I can, because I'm feeling it anyway...does that make any sense?

Sadly, it's not the crying that's getting me, it's my patience that's taken a hit. :wacko: Not really with my husband (thankfully for him), but I notice it at work. I'm never mean to anyone, but I feel like I have to check myself all the time so I don't come off as brusque.

I think I suffer from a bit of both! My patience is a LOT shorter, and I get frustrated/irritated easily. Which then makes me cry, cuz I can't stand it. :haha: I'm also a little more paranoid than usual. Hubby and I sometimes end up on opposite shifts, so we'll go a good week without actually seeing each other, even though we're both living in the same house... lol So at night, when he's at work and I'm alone, I get kinda creeped out easier now that I have someone I need to protect.

I haven't felt movement from the outside really yet... each time I try, all I can feel is the pulse in my fingers/stomach. I'm sure it'll come soon though! I'm definitely feeling a LOT of movement inside! Kinda feels like I swallowed a goldfish. Lots of wriggling!

I think we've pretty much settled on Landon for a first name. Middle name is still up for discussion, but hubby finally heard someone say "Landon" in context the other day, and decided he liked it! Although they spelled theirs "Landyn". Which is cute... but all the strange/crazy spelling is getting out of hand nowadays!!

Have either of you started purchasing any baby items yet? We haven't.... at all! I've started researching car seats and strollers and all that jazz. I'm not going to go crazy on clothes, since they grow out of them so quickly and I'm sure I'll get plenty from the shower and hand me downs from friends.

I like the more traditional spelling personally - Landyn looks more like a girl's name to me for some reason. But that's just me! Plus odd spellings seem like a good idea, but often end up a pain - my husband's name is Branden. The 'en' ending just isn't as common here, and things constantly come back wrong, with "Brandon".

Still going back and forth like crazy on names, we just can't hit on one we like. Maybe Richard after my dad, maybe Samuel or Maxwell...we liked Gabriel but it doesn't really go with our last name. I just get the feeling we're going to have to wait until he pops out and see what HE says about it. Ha!

And Kal, same here...I put my hand on my stomach and all I feel is my raging pulse. Which I guess, technically, is a GOOD thing...:winkwink:

I made our gender announcement last night. We had called close family to tell them, then posted this on facebook to tell the rest of our friends!

https://www.melodyofgrace.com

Aww, so great! And I just have to say, I was browsing through your wedding pics while I was in there...I'm sure you've heard this before, but you remind me quite a bit of Maggie Gyllenhaal, Kal. :) That's a compliment.

I did the same thing Emmy!

Quiet day today of housework and then watch the Formula 1 (motor-racing if you don't watch it over there), and then make a lamb casserole and a good book - got Dan's 2 year old niece all the coming week so I'm sure that'll keep us busy!

I'm 24 weeks tomorrow... argh! Midwife appointment at 9am, which should be fun since I'm knackered in the morning's at the moment as I'm struggling to sleep.

Have lovely Sunday's ladies!

Red, how did your appt go? I have one this morning. I'm a little nervous about what my weight gain is going to be, since I haven't been weighing myself at home.
Enjoy your week with Dan's niece!

Emmy, actually I've never been compared with her before...lol mostly I get compared with Flo from the progressive commercials, although I have no idea why...

Either of you feeling movement really low down? I feel like LO is sticking his foot right into my cervix sometimes - not a very pleasant feeling! Doesn't hurt, just feels hinky!

Hope you both have a beautiful week!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->