• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby On Board - Due August/September 2014

tropicsgirl, glad everything went well! To me it seems like husbands are right!!! My DH said this time it was going to be a boy and I said nope it is another girl!!!

I started feeling the baby movements really well last week. This week I started to see the baby movements under my shirt. I let my daughters see it and they was sooooo shocked and surprised! My 6 year old DD had tears in her eyes!!

I love lucky, I hate moving!!!! I know you are happy that you all are moving! I can't wait until we move but not looking forward to the packing and unpacking!! We will be moving before August.

Afm, my appt went well wednesday. Baby heartbeat was 154. He was just moving al lot in there. Awwwwww.... My ob said that sometime in my 3rd trimester I will have to have weekly ultrasound visits to make sure the baby is moving around like he is supposed to. The reason is because I am high risk since I have asthma and hypertension. :nope: I did not have hypertension with my 1st daughter, it started when I was pregnant with my 2nd daughter. I always had asthma since I was 5. My asthma started bothering me very bad a year ago which I am sooo angry about. I thought I outgrew it, well I guess you never outgrow asthma. I hope all you ladies are doing ok.:hugs:

Momwife, I'll also have weekly visits to check the growth of baby and they put me on the monitor for a bit to check contractions and baby movements over a certain period of time like 15 or 20 mins. I love being able to see the baby that much but hate that it's because I'm high risk too for hypertension and had pre e last time.

Someone mentioned before about painful BH's. I will say that starting Easter, I started having lots of cramping pain. I noticed this morning while laying in bed that when I had that pain, my uterus was rock hard. So it looks like I'm having those painful ones as well. I'm going to monitor them and call my doc office if I think I need too. But normally it's when I do too much work or move too much. Like I was carrying DS2 and walking fast during the Easter Egg hunt, and when I was walking around the yard trying to clean it up so we could mow it or walking up and down the stairs multiple times.

Brittany, congrats on closing on Tuesday! Good luck getting everything moved in and unpacked and all the work you have to get done!! Try not to over exert yourself!

I hate moving, the packing and unpacking sucks. Especially because I use this time to do a massive cleaning of all our drawers and such rather than moving a bunch of junk. I just feel like it's going to be a lot more work though and take longer because I'm pregnant and because I have a 1 year old who is into everything. It doesn't help that DH seems to never be available to do anything to help because he's always working. I'm glad we have the whole month of May to get things moved in before we absolutely have to be out of here but I feel like he's putting a lot on my shoulders by working so much.

Oh and to top it off, he told me today that he has decided to take a class twice a week that's offered for his job from 4:30-7:30 which means he won't even see DS two days a week next month nor will he be around to do anything.

Sometimes I think he does stuff like this because he doesn't want to help do any work. My DH is sooooo lazy when it comes to anything with the house.

Brittany, glad you have a whole month in order to get everything moved. That way you don't have to rush too much. Sorry your DH is working so much. It's hard when they aren't at home and even more so when he decides he's going to do something to keep him away more. Men seem to be lazy a lot of the time. My DH was like that when we were moving. I ended up having to pack everything I could and get it ready to be moved. He was angry because there was still so much left to pack, but he didn't help and we only had 7 days to get everything switched over. He ended up just having to throw stuff in his truck which he was going off at, but it shouldn't be just my responsibility when I worked full time and had to come home to work as well. He was at home more than I was but he would sit around watching TV or go around window shopping because he didn't want to be at home. Hope your DH comes around and helps even a little bit. Especially when getting the new house ready and painted!! Xx

Well one advantage to me doing all the packing is it does allow me to do a spring cleaning of stuff. My DH is a horrible pack rat. Without him here to even see the stuff of his I'm throwing out he'll never know it's missing. LOL

How is everyone doing? Today is v-day!!! Can't believe I only have 16 more weeks til Vivian is here!! (maybe sooner but hopefully not too much sooner!)

I don't think I've checked in for a while. Hope everyone is doing well! Tomorrow is my birthday, and tomorrow is also our private 3D ultrasound (birthday gift to myself). I will post pics as soon as I get them :) Hope everyone has a great day!

Hello ladies! JJsmom, time is going by sooooo fast! Den, I hope you have a nice birthday and can't wait to see the pics!!! I hope all you ladies have a nice weekend. I have my ob appt on Wednesday, I have to drink that sugary drink.

V-day been for me last week (still don't get why they call it that when most hospitals resuss from 23 weeks not 24?!). Had a growth scan this week as my bp has been extremely high, little man's growth has slowed, but the cord is functioning well and there is still plenty of fluid. Back for another growth scan in 2 weeks at 26+1. If all is well then I'll be very happy as it will be a decent sign of getting past 28+0 where I had DD.

V-day for me was Thursday. Miss Emily has been celebrating making it to this point my kicking like crazy. Yesterday I was able to sit down and actually watch her move. She refuses to cooperate though anytime DH has tried to feel her moving.

Happy Birthday Denyse!! I think the 3D ultrasound is an awesome birthday present to yourself. Can't wait to see the photos.

MomWife, my next appointment is also on Wednesday and it's the diabetes one so I'll also be drinking the sugary drink then too. I didn't have any problems with that while pg with DS so I'm not too worried about it this time either.

Dinah, FX'ed that things go well with your growth scans.

AFM, we've been extremely busy with the move. DH and 2 of his brothers are working on getting the flooring installed today. I'm hoping next weekend we'll be able to get most of our stuff moved in and then we'll primarily be living out of our new house rather than our town home.

Mothers day is tomorrow for us US ladies. Anyone have anything planned?

I had a really good Mothers Day. DH and I spent most of the day at our new house. I was able to get the master bedroom painted (while DS took his naps) like I wanted. We then went out for lunch and spent some time as a family out and about. My gifts were great too. DH and DS got me a wind chime to put outside at our new home. They also got me two books, one of which I can read to DS and one that is considered the adult version. They were hilarious and very relatable since they were about a child who refuses to sleep which is my son when I'm trying to put him to bed for the night. Hope everyone else had a good day too!

Sounds like a good mother's day! I didn't really full blown celebrate since i do not have any kids except the one in my tummy! But we did go out to dinner and went baby shopping all day. I didn't buy anything, but i was looking at stuff to put on the registry. Was a good day. I go to doctors at 1120 to see when i go back to work. I'm thinking it will be Wednesday or next Monday (19th). I am really NOT looking forward to going back. I hate my job and its gotten worse since i've been gone. Only thing i miss is the money. I've been on short term disability, but they didn't pay me the first 2 weeks, then paid me the next 2 weeks. Well, this is my 5th week and they're telling me i have to have my doctor submit more paperwork of my restrictions and reason why i haven't been back to work yet in order to get my pay. Which is BS because i told them the healing process is 4-6 weeks. So i have to fight for it again. Such bull crap.

Here is a collage I made from some of my favorite pictures from my birthday scan on Saturday :) Gracie looks so much like her brother. I can't wait to hold her <3

Attachments

• gracie1.jpg
    gracie1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 3
Happy belated birthday Denyse!! Love the pictures!!

Brittany, glad you got the master bedroom painted and getting the house together!

babydust, sorry to hear you have to fight for your disability. They are terrible when it comes to that. They don't want to pay anything unless they have to! I had aflac when I had DS2 because where I worked at the time wouldn't pay maternity leave. So I got on it just in case as we were trying to conceive. They told me I'd have it the week after I went out for leave as the doctor would submit the info and they just give the full amount. I didn't get my check until it was almost time for me to go back. Had so many late bills and got behind because of it. This time all I have to worry about is the children I watch. All the parents know I'm pregnant and when I'm due and they are working on finding alternate care if/when it comes down to it.

I had a decent Mother's Day! We didn't do a whole lot at first as my husband worked in the morning. I worked on homework and then went couponing where I got 12 shampoos and 12 conditioners (6 each of herbal essence and 6 each of pantene pro v), 2 men's deodorants, 6 tubes of toothpaste, and 3 boxes of m&m's for $17 and $15 register rewards! That to me means I only really spent $2 for all that product!!! Then we went to watch a movie. DH and DS1 went to watch Rio 2. I went to watch "the other woman" and ended up having DH come get DS2 as well. It was the most amazing hour and 45 mins!! It was so peaceful and enjoyable!! I couldn't thank DH enough!

Have my ob appt tomorrow. Not sure what they'll do but may just listen to heartbeat and that's it. Need to talk to her though because I am under so much stress from DS1 acting out that he is causing me to cramp a lot! My sis of course says you have to stay calm. I said I can't!! The hormones don't let me! Then I say I try to stay calm but I look like it on the outside but the inside I cramp more. She said then you aren't staying calm. Well geez...I can't help it! When he catches me off guard, my hormones kick in and I just want to scream and yell and get him to listen, which of course he doesn't. I think he's getting excited to go to grandma's but at the same time he has no right to act the way he does at times. He got suspended last Wednesday and couldn't go back to school til today, so he went back and an hour later got a phone call to go pick him up as he "wasn't acting himself" and accidentally headbutted a teacher so they were sending him home. I just think they want to be done with him as next year he goes to middle school and he only has 2 weeks left to deal with them. Lots going on...lol! But other than that, things aren't too bad! Feeling Vivian kicking all over the place and moving like crazy! Started seeing her from outside my belly now too!

Hey ladies,
I finally had my 20 week scan yesterday (21w5d) and we're having a giiiiiiiiiirl :cloud9:

JJsMom - wow sounds like your son is going through a spurt of acting out. Do you think he could be doing this because there's a new baby coming? Or do you think it's just a phase he's going through? I def think you should talk to your Dr about it. I hope your appt goes well. Let us know.

Love and Terror - congrats on your baby girl!!!! :cloud9:

Congrats on your little girl loveandterror!!

babydust, he is going through something! I talked to my doc and she said try to stay calm but she knows I can't stop being mom. Said to try to take it easy and basically to drink plenty of water and lay down if I start having pains. I think he's trying to assert his independence and doesn't like that I am telling him what to do. Even his case manager (a home based therapist) told him yesterday that he isn't even close to being old enough to do what he wants yet. He knows this, but just tests a lot. Hopefully he'll start to calm down. She did mention how his attention isn't being held at all. I said I know...I can't get him to concentrate on anything. So she is going to make those notes and let his doc know too. There are only 2 weeks left of school and he'll be going to grandma's so he's pretty excited and ready to get out of school.

Got to take DS2 back to the doc today...he turned 11 months today! But he woke up yesterday with a rash. :( Thought it might be a heat rash because it's so hot upstairs where we sleep. I put the A/C on 75 and it keeps it at 84 upstairs. I've had him sleeping only in a diaper. But it has spread this morning so figured it was best to take him in since they are closed tomorrow. He had a rough nights sleep too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->