• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby On Board - Due August/September 2014

MomWife, I breastfed DS exclusively until 9 months when I had to start supplementing with formula due to the pregnancy causing my supply to drop. I still nurse DS if he wakes at night but at this point it's more of a comfort thing for him than actually providing him any kind of nourishment. I think the first month with breastfeeding is the hardest. They were telling me that after the first 2 weeks you wouldn't have any pain and such but I don't think that was the case until 1-2 months. There are like 3 growth spurts during that first month so that constant nursing is hard on the sensitive nipples. If you stick with it though (as long as baby has a proper latch and such) you'll get to a point where you don't really feel much of anything. I remember there being several times where I was nursing DS in our bed and would fall asleep and DH would come in and ask if he was still nursing before I moved him and I would tell him yes and he would look and DS was definitely not latched on. :haha: I hope you have better luck this time around with breastfeeding.

Modified, so glad to see you posting again. I was wondering where you were too. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well though. :hugs:

babydust, very glad to see you posting again. Really glad everything went okay with your surgery and that you and DS are fine. I had an epidural with my DS and I was shaking forever because of it. It really worried DH until he asked if it was normal. Never had the magnesium though so no experience with that. I hope you start to feel better soon.

JJsmom, so glad you got to see the doctor even though all they did was check the gender. I would of been very upset in that situation too. Even though DH isn't as fascinated by the ultrasounds as I am. He thinks the 3D ones looks like someone was molding a person out of a ball of clay. :haha:

My scan did go well though. The tech confirmed that we are definitely having a girl which was a relief since we found out the gender through genetic testing rather than actually getting to see anything on an ultrasound. I ended up reading more stuff about the genetic test afterwards and came across some people saying they were told they were having girls and found out later they were actually carrying boys so that was in the back of my mind even though the test is highly accurate with gender. I think less than 1% would fall into that category of being told the wrong gender.

Emily was very funny during the ultrasound. She had her legs up by her face so she was pretty much folded in half for a lot of it so the tech just started snapping pictures like crazy so that she would hopefully get some good ones of her face during the brief moments she did decide to move her legs. :haha: I'm changing my avatar to one of the photos of Emily. Everyone is saying she looks just like me (DS also looks just like me) so if everyone is right then poor DH isn't going to have any kids that look like him since at this point we're both thinking 2 is all we want.

JJsmom - Sorry your appt got canceled, but glad they let you get a potty shot. YAY to confirming baby as a girl! I bet you're so excited. So perfect to have a boy then girl. Can't wait to see the pic!

Brittany - Yeah that epidural is nuts. Was real uncomfortable to constantly shiver like that lol. Also happy for you for doctor confirming girl! You and JJsmom both have a boy and girl now! That is just wonderful. I think Emily is a beautiful name as well. I'm sure once your babies get older they will have some resemblance of hubby! Characteristics at least lol.

I took this pic yesterday (18w4d). Still feeling like my belly is small and sad that i haven't really felt any movement. I know it's still early, but i hear everyone else feeling baby and i can't help but 1.) feel jealous and 2.) feel like something is wrong.

Attachments

• 18w4d.jpg
    18w4d.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 3
babydust, it's perfectly normal to not show a lot at this point with this being your first pregnancy and also not feeling a lot of movement. After I felt the first flutters with DS, I never felt him again for at least 2 weeks. I think movements can be irregular up to 30 some weeks which is why doctors don't even mention kick counts until then.

I posted my 18 week and 24 week bump photos with DS and then my 20 week bump with DD. I feel enormous when I compare my bump now with where I was at around the same time with DS.

I think your bump is lovely.

Attachments

• 18 weeks.jpg
    18 weeks.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 24 weeks.jpg
    24 weeks.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20 weeks bump.jpg
    20 weeks bump.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 0
babydust, glad your surgery went well. Hope you have a quick recovery :hugs: I feel the same about my bump...feel like I'm hardly showing some days, and definitely haven't felt anything yet! Bummer. Hope we both start feeling some movement soon :)

I love lucy, glad your scan went well! I panic as well about being told the wrong gender...I think everyone does, but as you say it's absolutely the minority, and is very rare these days since scans are so much more advanced. I think if you've had more than one scan and they've stayed the same, the chances of it happening are lowered even further!

Got my 20 week scan tomorrow...can't wait to find out what we're having! Hoping everything goes ok as well!

Wow Britt, definitely a big difference! Do you think it may have to do with carrying a different gender too? You are already bigger than your 24w pic with DS! :) ... jeal!

Nlk - can't wait to hear what baby is!! Any inkling at all as to what you think it is? I'm glad i'm not alone in the bump and kicks boat. Hope we both start feeling baby very very soon! I just feel like i could connect a lot more once i start feeling him! <3

They always say you show a lot sooner with subsequent pregnancies. I think I had a noticeable bump at 12 weeks and with DS I pretty much had nothing at that point. At my ultrasound they said she was 12 oz + or - 2 oz so right where they would expect a 20 week old baby to be so she's not bigger than DS or anything.

Gotcha. I can't wait to look like i'm actually showing vs looking like i put on some weight. Maybe in a month i'll look it lol.

Definitely normal not to show as much on your first one. I already look like I was full term with DS2, at least I think. LOL! I know I'm not though. Here is a picture of me at 20 or 21 weeks with DS2. It was like my first pregnancy again as there was 9.5 years between when I had DS1 and DS2. Then here is my pic of when I was 13 weeks with this time.

ETA: I will have DH take a pic of me so I can give you a 20 +5 belly.

Attachments

• pregnant with Colt.jpg
    pregnant with Colt.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1
  • image_3.jpg
    image_3.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1
Since I see everyone's posting their bumps figured I'd add my 20 week bump :)

Attachments

• IMG_20140411_214743_016.jpg
    IMG_20140411_214743_016.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 4
I'm getting a B shaped bump.. not sure how I feel about it!

Attachments

• 1011798_10152411314877962_2051900571048901518_n.jpg
    1011798_10152411314877962_2051900571048901518_n.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 5
Aww love your bump girl! I have an apron belly with a slight B belly. I hate it.

Hello ladies! I am loving all of these beautiful bump pics!!! All of you look lovely! :flower:

I love lucy, thank you for the info since I know I need every lil bit since I want to keep breastfeeding for rmore than 3 weeks this time. I kind of feel bad since I did not brestfeed my daughters no longer than 1 month because of the soreness. My mom is a bit of upset since I am breastfeeding since she says that my breasts will sag very badly. I told her that I will wear nursing bras and hopefully that will reduce it. Overall, breastfeeding is great for babies. I hope I also have better luck this time! By the way great for breastfeeding for 9 months!!!

I was at the doctor this morning and have a severe chest infection. My eyes are so sensitive to light and movement, it&#8217;s unbearable :nope:

Then had the midwife this afternoon.. Haven&#8217;t felt Pixie move much since I&#8217;ve been ill. She got me up on the bed and got the Doppler out. It took her longer than usual to find her but she did and she was kicking away &#8211; my mum saw a couple of them from the other side of the room! Her heart is about 10bpm faster than normal but the mw said that&#8217;s normal because my own, due to the illness, is raised. She&#8217;s worried about movements though. She measured my stomach and it&#8217;s perfect, apparently.

I&#8217;m feeling positively horrendous so I threw caution to the wind and blew a lot of money on a changing bag :dohh: :cloud9:

https://www.pinklining.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/Y/u/Yummy_Mummy_Wise_Owl_Front_1.jpg

MomWife, don't let your mother tell you stuff about sagging breasts. There are a lot of women on here that have breastfed for several months or years and never had problems with sagging breasts once they were done. DS only nurses at night if he wakes up for comfort and at this point I pretty much have no milk supply and my boobs look no different then what they did before. Did your daughters have proper latches? As long as the latch is good, I think after the first couple of months max breastfeeding is pretty painless.

modified, I'm so sorry you are so miserable. So far this pregnancy I've ended up with an upper respiratory infection and the stomach flu. I also got an upper respiratory infection when I was 9 months pregnant with DS. Nothing is worse then being pregnant and sick. Really hope you feel better soon. :Hugs:

modified, hope you feel better soon! It's scary when you don't feel your baby as often as you think you should. But they sleep a lot and there are times you are busy and don't feel the baby move. If you get concerned drink something like a cup of orange juice and lay on your left side. You should feel movement before too long :)

momwife, with breastfeeding you have to be determined that it will work out. I bf'ed my 10 month old until he was 7 months and only stopped because I lost my milk due to pregnancy. I had a lot of pain throughout those 7 months. He may not have had a proper latch, but I was also told I might have had a yeast infection in my breasts but who knows. It wasn't a doctor that told me. I mostly think he didn't have a proper latch, but it's so hard to figure out. I only bf'ed my DS1 for 10 weeks as he wouldn't latch on, he was too lazy. Funny thing, he's 10 now and he's still too lazy to do anything!

AFM, yesterday was the first time I've ever got sick this whole pregnancy! DS2 hasn't been feeling well and I know he was teething. I called the doc if we should check his ears on Wednesday (they are closed on Thursdays), they said wait a couple days and see if he starts tugging on them. Sure enough Wednesday night he barely slept, screamed all night long, got a scratch in his ear where he was tugging/digging in it all night long, had a fever of 100.8, and that meant I had no sleep. I ended up with a massive headache all day Thursday, watched a little boy for a couple hours for his mom, DH came home from work and he watch DS2 for a few mins and I got up to run in the bathroom to get sick. I don't know what made me sick, but my tummy wasn't happy. Embarrassing statement, as I was getting sick, I'd pee myself every time my tummy tried to empty itself out more. I was soaked. I was afraid at first that it was fluid, but I haven't had any leakage or cramps so I'm assuming it was just pee. But....thanks to DS1, he is my hero. He came into the bathroom as I was getting sick to check on me, went and got me a glass of water, and stood in there until I was done. It's always been me and him our whole lives until DH came along, so we had 7 years where we always took care of each other. He made sure I had clean undies to put on afterwards as well. Bless his heart! He will make someone a fine husband one day!!! Between that, massaging my back and feet. HAHA!

Well, needless to say, DS2's fever broke last night but took him to the doc today, he is teething (already knew), has a cold, and has a left ear infection. Hope he sleeps as good tonight as he did last night! he was out from 8:30 - 6:15!!!

JJsmom, when I got the stomach flu this pregnancy I couldn't stop peeing myself since I was throwing up so forcefully. It also happened while I was pg with DS as I had horrible morning sickness with him.

Your oldest some sounds so sweet though. It made me smile reading about him taking care of you like he did.

I hope your youngest feels better soon.

AFM, my throat started feeling a bit weird last night (post nasal drip) and my nose has been running. I'm not sure if it's just allergies or if I might be catching a cold. DS also didn't sleep well last night. I was up with him for at least two hours trying to get him to go back to sleep.

Then of course when I finally get back in bed DH wants to have sex with me. I was about ready to kick him out of bed because all I wanted to do was sleep and he wouldn't leave me alone. Lol

Brittany, hope you're not getting sick! Allergies can be a real pain. DH suffers from them badly.

I know what you mean about DH!! Mine is like that too. I know he was wanting it last night but I took him his clothes and stuff as he had an interview to get to and didn't have much time between his part time job and the interview then he had to go back to his full time job after. I forgot to take his keys as he always has them, well not yesterday so had to get both boys up and drive him his keys. Needless to say, it was a long night and once I got both boys back in bed he was ready for it, but I was like goodnight! LOL!

I hate peeing myself! It's so embarrassing and both DH and DS1 laugh at me thinking it's funny when I do. I just laugh back at them when they do something embarrassing. hehe!

My DH thinks the peeing thing is hilarious too. If only these men had any idea what we go through while carrying these babies.

I love lucy, I don't think my daughters had a proper latch. This time I will have help so that I know if I am doing it right. I am not going to listen to my mom or anyone else to try to talk me out of breastfeeding my baby.

JJsMom, I will be very determined to breastfeed this time. I was doing plenty of research on breastfeeding vs formula. I choose breastfeeding everytime. Your oldest son is just a sweetheart! I hope you are feeling better and your youngest.

I am wondering when did your cycles start back up while you was breastfeeding? The reason why I am along is because hubby wants to have another baby after this one within a year or 2 so that the baby will have a playmate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->