Baby rice

rainbows_x

Mummy.
Reaction score
Me and MIL ae a little divided by this;

If I was to give Ava baby rice after a feed (she is on 9oz every 3 hours) would I give her the 9oz then a 1/2 spoon of rice?

MIL thinks I would make up less milk (with the less going into the rice?

I didn't think that was right as she would only be having half a tea spoon?

Also, how would I make up the rice, as I would only be starting her on 1/2 spoonfull, obviously not usoing the whole bowl? I don't want to waste loads of formula & rice :wacko:

:flower:

Hiya :)
I would give Ava the milk first, then offer the rice, as milk is the most important thing in her diet, i did try Jayden with baby rice first, though he only drank 4oz, and thats after 1spoon of rice so i think it is quite filling (though he usually takes 6-7oz every 2.5 - 3hours.

I really reccomend Organix wholegrain baby rice, it is on offer at asda at the moment too! (there is an apple one also, which he prefers, contains no added sugar or unwanted ingredients)

Eg, my box says:
Add 2 level tablespoons of baby rice, add 6 tablespoons of babys usual milk, mix well.

For starting off i would half that, add 1 tablespoon of rice with 3 spoons of babys milk, that way you don't waste as much! :)

Can i just add his baby rice is gorgeous! lol, i got a free sample of hipp rice but its white, and doesn't taste that nice, its plain, the wholegrain one tastes lovely!! (hope i'm not the only mad one!)

You will get into a routine, The past few days we do:
7oz bottle at 8:30am
10:30am 4spoons of babyrice or banana well mixed with formula, he drinks around 1oz of water.
6oz at 1pm
6oz at 4pm
6oz at 6:30pm

often a 6oz bottle around 2am or 4am!

xxx good luck!

Hi :flower:

We tried her on a bit and she much preferred feeding herself! we gave her the spoon and she loved it, went everywhere but she had fun too :)

Can I ask though, when making the rice up how do you add the milk? I mean I think I did it awkwardly (made her 9oz bottle as normal then made another bottle up (around 2oz) then poured the milk on the spoon to add. This doesn't seem right as I am making more washing up? lol. xx

I used to give Amelia her bottle first and then baby rice/ porridge after that. So I make up an 8oz bottle and leave her take what she wants from it, which is usually 6oz. Then I would use whats left to make the porridge/ rice.

Yeah it is abit awkward! lol!
I have a small 5oz bottle that i got free with my steriliser, i just make the milk as you would in that, then pour it into a baby feeding bowl and add the rice!
aww jayden likes doing it himself too, he gets it all over his nose though! he has started kicking his legs and opens his mouth for me to give it to him! xxx

I do what scq09 does, i gave him his bottle first he only ever takes around 5 oz but still seemed to be hungry even though i offer him 6oz, and then i mix the left over milk with the baby rice and give it him that way. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->