baby wont sleep in his cot

Mandy3785

Reaction score
Hi all my little man is 7 months old now and will not spend the night in his cot. He starts of in his cot but always ends up in our bed its my fault that he wont sleep in his cot as i started to let him sleep with us but now my poor Oh gets no sleep at all and still has to go to work. any help and advice is very much appreciated xxxx

You really have to be strong and keep putting him back in his cot. It'll probably cause a few nights of sleeplessness but, trust me, it's so worth it!

Babies are alot smarter than we give them credit for. He'll cry because he know's you'll take him into bed with you, not because there's anything wrong with his cot. Put him down to bed as normal and when he wakes in the night, give him a quick cuddle and put him back into bed. No matter how many time you need to do this, don't give in.

The older he is the harder it will be. My son was in my bed until he turned 9 months and one night I spend 5-6 hours getting him back to sleep but he's been a great sleeper since. I was so determined to do it because my hubby was in with his parents until he was 4, I couldn't cope with that lol.

Good luck, don't leave it any longer or it will just get harder and harder to do xxx

Thanx so much claire for the advice its my own fault for starting it in the first place he sleeps for a few hrs in his cot then wakes up and i just put him in bed with us cos it was easier to get some sleep now i wish i had not started it lol xxx

It's not a fault, it's a fight for survival! Lol. Hindsight is a great thing but now you realise that you need to get him sleeping in his cot again you'll be able to do it. Keep strong and give it a go xxxx

yes be strong and it will work..
i put my son in his cot at 3months so he now knows thats his secure space and doesnt know what its like to be in mummys bed..
i let my daughter in our room till 1year ols not in bed but in our room and boy wasnt it a nightmare getting her into her bedroom...
gl

Be strong honey, you can change his behaviour. Out of interest does lo go to sleep on his own in the cot or is has he fallen asleep when he is put in?

We introduced a comfort blanket type thing that only came out foe sleep times, it helped to sooth dd back to sleep if she woke at night.

Does he still have or need a feed at night at the moment?

thanx for all the comments aint been on for a while yeah he still has a feed at night time and he goes in his cot when he is asleep and he wont fall asleep in the cot. we have been having some good nights has he likes to sleep on his side and the health vistor said to leave him as i have been trying get him back on his back lol so he been sleeping quite well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->