Baby's hospital bag...

misshastings

Mummy, Daddy and Darcy <3
Reaction score
So i will be moving over to third tri tomorrow and as i'm off work this week i decided i would pack babies hospital bag (as OH has gone out and i feel like i need to do something for baby)

So far have packed...

• 3 baby vests
  • 2 sleep suits
  • 2 hats
  • 2 bibs
  • 1 pack of nappies
  • 1 pack of wipes
  • 2 dummies (just incase)
  • 1 cardigan
  • 1 pack of scratch mits (even though the sleep suits have them built in lol)

I need to buy a pack of muslin squares to put in there but other than that i can't think of anything... and will have her bunny in my bag so don't need to put that in there...

I will be leaving another longer stay bag in the car which will have some different sized sleep suits, vests, more nappies, more wipes, etc and more stuff for me as well as OH.

Can anyone think of something blindingly obvious that i'm missing from her bag...

are you using disposable nappies? In which case plastic nappy sacks will be needed to throw the nappy away in (instead of putting a mucky nappy straight in the bin).

Also a blanket perhaps for covering her when you come out of hospital.

You might want some vaseline or sudocreme or bepanthan (or whatever other bum-cream takes your fancy).

Nappy sacks sound like a brilliant idea! I work in a children's day nursery... How did i not remember those! Serious baby brain... lol.

Think we are using bepanthen will pop a tube of that in the bag and she has a blanket which will be sitting in her car seat in the car ready for OH to bring in when we are ready to go home but might bring in another little blanket just for while were in the hospital.

Think i'm being ridiculously over organized as still have potentially 13 weeks to go but ohwell lol x

I'd take sleepsuits in newborn and 0-3 months, just so you don't have to send your OH out to the car to get the other size when you first get LO dressed if she doesn't fit newborn.
Oh and cotton wool- not sure where you are but at my hospital you'd get a right telling off if the MW's saw you using baby wipes :haha:

How about some cotton wool? You might need these for cleaning babies bum (instead of wipes as they can be a bit harsh on newborn skin) xx

Cotton wool? Not sure where you are but here in the uk wipes aren't recommended due to the sensitivity of baby's skin, cotton wool and water is however so you might want to take some of that? Xxx

A couple of little sheets, for the cradle they will put baby in, and a thick cotton (or other natural material) blanket. Toiletries and receiving/swaddling blankets.

I'd put more babygrows in. In my experience, meconium can EXPLODE and gets everywhere. I'd take at least 5.
A blanket and some cotton wool or cloth wipes to change bums with. I wouldn't use baby wipes on a newborn unless it was Water Wipes or Unscented Jackson Reece or the Nature Babycare ones from Boots :)

i'd pop in an old facecloth to wipe off the mecomium, these lift it so so easily compared to the likes of cotton wool.

camera??

Oh and cotton wool- not sure where you are but at my hospital you'd get a right telling off if the MW's saw you using baby wipes :haha:

Really?! How odd. I've always used wipes on my kids from them being newborns (albeit unscented ones for sensitive skin) and they've never had any problems.

If I get told off by MWs for any reason when I have my baby, I'm gonna be discharging myself from hospital lol. I'm onto my fourth baby, I know what I'm doing by now lol.

Last time I used wipes and the MWs didn't bat an eyelid. Also in the hospitals here dirty nappies go in the type of bin where the medical waste goes into-the one with the yellow bag so nappy sacks aren't really needed as no-one is going to be touching anything in that bin that's for sure xx

Really?! How odd. I've always used wipes on my kids from them being newborns (albeit unscented ones for sensitive skin) and they've never had any problems.

If I get told off by MWs for any reason when I have my baby, I'm gonna be discharging myself from hospital lol. I'm onto my fourth baby, I know what I'm doing by now lol.

Yeah, it was in the info we got given about what to expect when we're in hospital, and I heard a mum getting a lecture about using them on her baby while I was in! It does seem like slight overkill!

The local hospitals here are too busy and short staffed to notice :D. Xx

I've got the newborn free from everything wipes so i imagine they should be okay. My step gran is a midwife and she said the majority of mums take wipes in now and the midwives don't mind what you use as long as you are doing your best.

Have put in a flannel, camera is on the side and charged up in the nursery but won't put it in yet and going out to buy a couple more baby grows in a smaller size today (going to leave the tags on until closer to my due date incase it becomes obvious that i'm having a huge baby but i was about 7lbs as was OH so that's what i'm expecting, though obviously i could be proved wrong lol)

xxx

Here is my list for baby........... (perhaps too much but it's a 'just in case' bag as I am planning a homebirth).

And my mum will be unpacking it, if it's unneeded :haha:

Car Seat
Blanket

Baby Vests (1 - tiny, 2 - newborn)
Baby Sleepsuit (1 - tiny, 3 &#8211; newborn)
Scratch Mittens x 2 pairs
Socks x 2 pairs
Booties x 1
Hat x 2
Leaving hospital outfit

Newborn nappies x 27 ( 1 pack)
Newborn wipes
Cotton wool balls
Nail clippers/scissors
Nappy bags
Muslins x 5
Bibs x 2
Sudocream
Folding Changing mat
Teddy / Blankie

JUST IN CASE
Ready to drink Infant Milk
Ready to use Infant teats

Yep, my friend got 'told off' for using wipes even though they were the Huggies Pure ones. Doubt there's much difference between them and cotton wool and water anyway. I'm with Alice Cooper, if they dare tell me off...lol

Your packing sounds great, just need the baby now! I really need to get my bag packed know I will feel much better when it's done :)

I've heard that even sensitive wipes are not recommended for newborns so I've bought a big box of Water Wipes which is ok apparently.

https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_201902_10001

Of course, I'm sure wipes are no problem - I even heard of someone trying to clean meconium with water and cotton wool and a midwife came fussing over and told them that was rubbish use wipes! :haha:

Just thought I would offer an alternative for anyone who wanted one.

Yep, my friend got 'told off' for using wipes even though they were the Huggies Pure ones. Doubt there's much difference between them and cotton wool and water anyway. I'm with Alice Cooper, if they dare tell me off...lol

Your packing sounds great, just need the baby now! I really need to get my bag packed know I will feel much better when it's done :)

Have you read the ingredients on those wipes? They're not very "Pure" at all. I couldn't pronounce most of the things in them.
Water wipes and Jackson Reece and very good and all pure/natural. We've bought Unscented Jackson Reece for after the birth, but we usually use cloth wipes anyway. The disposables are just for the meconium x

Have you read the ingredients on those wipes? They're not very "Pure" at all. I couldn't pronounce most of the things in them.
Water wipes and Jackson Reece and very good and all pure/natural. We've bought Unscented Jackson Reece for after the birth, but we usually use cloth wipes anyway. The disposables are just for the meconium x

No I haven't, personally I've never used them, it was my friend who got a telling off lol but thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->