Babywearing Addicts!

Yep, the Ergo is great for a toddler, you just have to get used to that their arms will be out rather than in (though Alex tucks his in by himself now). I carry Alex fine at 2 years still :)

Hoping it's OK to pop in here for a quick Q...

I want to know if there is a specific "toddler" size Ergo? I am looking at them online and there only seems to be Ergos, no mention of toddler ones, except on some second hand boards.

I understand an Ergo is good for an older baby/ toddler.... this is correct??

Yep, I use my Ergo on my 26lber!! And a friend of mine uses hers with her almost 2 and a half year old!

Thanks girls... another ergo q- the differences between normal one, sport and performance. Is there much diff? The sport ones is lighter and fits bigger people. But is the weight difference noticeable? I don't need one that's big to fit me. And it doesn't have a pocket. But I'd probably have a handbag anyway.

Would you recommend one over another for toddler wearing (12 month old.)

Ive not seen any other versions so i couldnt tell you anything with the differences. I do find the pocket on the carrier handy though and i dont find my ergo heavy before putting a toddler in.

I dont think i would reccomend another carrier for a toddler, IVe had a connecta and another mei tai with straps to tie and found with both, the waist bit got sore on me because of the weight being carried. Ive not had that problem with the Ergo as the waist is so padded.

Personally I'm not a fan of the Ergo for various different reasons. The body height is quite low (my kids love being arms-in though) and you might not get knee-pit to knee-pit support for an older toddler. I prefer proper toddler-sized carriers (R&R, Patapum, Huckepack, Ocah, Wompat, Nubigo, Kinderpack, Kanga, etc.) but having said that plenty of people love their Ergos!

I've not tried one, but also heard quite a few people say that it wasn't long enough in the body for their toddlers...but yeah it would depend if your LO likes riding arms in or out. I love Nubigos though, they are very reasonably priced for having customs made or they come up from time to time preloved, great value I think. Love the KP as well but they're pretty generously sized, a toddler KP would swamp my LO at the moment. Just got an Ocah today [inbetween standard and toddler size] and it is soooo comfy :)

Dream Carriers do some really good toddler sized SSCs as well, or Olives and Applesauce :)

Yet another babywearing contraption!

Managed to find an XL man's rain jacket so big that I can use it for back carry :rofl:

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 10
  • back2.jpg
    back2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 10
Hahaha good idea :thumbup: Do you have the Ergo raincover Aliss? I absolutely hate wearing it when Ivy is on my front, it makes me look like I'm wearing a bloody binbag!

Hahaha good idea :thumbup: Do you have the Ergo raincover Aliss? I absolutely hate wearing it when Ivy is on my front, it makes me look like I'm wearing a bloody binbag!

Haha no! I should check it out! I find a cheap thrift store jacket works great :rofl:

Haha that's great Aliss! Easier to get on and off than one with two head holes I guess.

Hi ladies :wave:

I've just read all the posts in this thread while I was searching for posts on Hotslings, and I am loving this thread.

I only discovered baby wearing when DS was 5 months old and have a Connecta, which I love, so comfy and can't wait to use it with my next DS (also love the fact it's personalised with my own fabric)

I've just ordered a wrap from Victoria the Singlady but am wondering if they really are as good as a Moby. I might still get a Moby as well but advise would be great.

I also have a ring sling I've just bought off a friend.

So I love the look of the baby k'tan and the Hotsling. Which would you recommend?
Or any others similar to these two?

They really need a babywearing smilie on this site, lol! Love all the babywearing info here from real mamas. I'll have to direct questions from my new mamas here! :thumbup:

Love the idea of a baby wearing Sig :)
May sell my wrap for a toddler ssc as I can't out Lo on my back cause he won't stay still long enough :cry: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->