• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Back to Back Pregnancies!

Awww thats wonderful to hear am glad the start has gotten off to a good start.

It's lovely how you say Betty is responding to Vincent, I was a bit concerned about this being as Olivia will be thirteen months can't imagine what will go through her head?

It looks like I might have SPD, which is not good. It's painful but managable at mo I'm just worried it's gonna get worse as pregnancy moves further along.

Awww thats wonderful to hear am glad the start has gotten off to a good start.

It's lovely how you say Betty is responding to Vincent, I was a bit concerned about this being as Olivia will be thirteen months can't imagine what will go through her head?

It looks like I might have SPD, which is not good. It's painful but managable at mo I'm just worried it's gonna get worse as pregnancy moves further along.

That sucks. I know with Betty my joints really really hurt, it never got that bad, though. I did get carpal tunnel with her, but I could still cope with day to day stuff. It was hard because she was so heavy (28 lbs as of Friday! Geezz....)

The thing is with Betty is she doesn't get mad at him, but she is pretty pissed at me. Its still pretty new, so I'm hoping she gets over the idea, time will tell. I'll keep you posted!

Hi ladies!
Not sure if i posted in here already but thought i would pop back and see how everyone is getting on.
Many Congratultaions Pennysbored!!!!
Well i have a 10 months old daughter and found out 2 weeks ago that i am expecting twins! They will be due in April/May so Lexie will be just 16 months old.
Was totally excited at the thought of having another so close to her, but now i feel petrified! I think twins would be hard work on their own let alone with an older baby as well.
I also feel like i'm having a rough ride in this pregnancy. I have severe ms, bordering on hypermesis, sciatica, and the most excrutiating back and hip pain. I am so so so so tired that i am not functioning at all well on 'normal' things!
I am over-joyed at the thought of the twins but i feel so guilty that i am letting my daughter and husband down at the minute!
Lexie has been up all night and i have had a total of 3 hours broken sleep, and i have to go to work in a couple of hours!
I'm so sorry to come in here and moan but really needed to talk with people who were feeling the same. Thanks for listening xxx

Aww, I can understand your fear, I'm terrified too, but from what I've heard abt twins is they're pretty adaptable and entertain one another and generally happy to take turns. I guess it's all down to getting a routine going.
I don't know how to advise you as I'm worried about coping with one so close to Olivia and two other kids three if you count DF.
I think it's just a case of taking al the support you can and not being ashamed or worried about asking for help, as in the pregnancy to.

I can compleltly sympathise witht the pain, I don't wanna wish my pregnancy along as this wil be my last, butI just wish it was closer to the end!

Huge hugs, and good luck to all.

Hi ladies!
Not sure if i posted in here already but thought i would pop back and see how everyone is getting on.
Many Congratultaions Pennysbored!!!!
Well i have a 10 months old daughter and found out 2 weeks ago that i am expecting twins! They will be due in April/May so Lexie will be just 16 months old.
Was totally excited at the thought of having another so close to her, but now i feel petrified! I think twins would be hard work on their own let alone with an older baby as well.
I also feel like i'm having a rough ride in this pregnancy. I have severe ms, bordering on hypermesis, sciatica, and the most excrutiating back and hip pain. I am so so so so tired that i am not functioning at all well on 'normal' things!
I am over-joyed at the thought of the twins but i feel so guilty that i am letting my daughter and husband down at the minute!
Lexie has been up all night and i have had a total of 3 hours broken sleep, and i have to go to work in a couple of hours!
I'm so sorry to come in here and moan but really needed to talk with people who were feeling the same. Thanks for listening xxx

Thanks so much!
Twins huh? Shit. (sorry for the language :blush:) But you will be okay. Its not as bad as you think. I know I'm not even two weeks in, and I have had help at home. The best advice I can give is stock up on coffee. Do you plan on breastfeeding? That has been kinda tough as OH can't help much on that front. I know what you mean about feeling like you are letting your family down, but you aren't. Your LO doesn't know any better, and your husband can develop a bond with his daughter that most daddy's don't get. Try to look at it that way.
I hope your MS subsides, and invest in some epsom salts. They were a godsend for me as far as joint pain goes.
Come back often! All of us ladies are in this together!

Thanks so much for the messages.
I think i just need to learn to accept help! I find it so hard to let anyone do anything other than my dh!
Pennysbored, yes i really did want to bf this time if only for thinking that if i can get the hang of doing 2 at a time, night feeds will be alot easier. However am under no illusion that i may had to do some bottles.
How is Vincent settling in? and of course how is Betty adapting to her new brother?

I guess it's part of being a mother that you expect yourself to be able to do multiple tasks and still look fab at the end!
On that note to the ironing board I go!
Thanks again ladies xx

Thanks so much for the messages.
I think i just need to learn to accept help! I find it so hard to let anyone do anything other than my dh!
Pennysbored, yes i really did want to bf this time if only for thinking that if i can get the hang of doing 2 at a time, night feeds will be alot easier. However am under no illusion that i may had to do some bottles.
How is Vincent settling in? and of course how is Betty adapting to her new brother?

I guess it's part of being a mother that you expect yourself to be able to do multiple tasks and still look fab at the end!
On that note to the ironing board I go!
Thanks again ladies xx

You ABSOLUTELY need to take help when it is offered. Especially with two. Its a hard lesson I've learned in the past couple weeks.
The football hold is great for two babies, when Betty was in the NICU there were a couple sets of twins there, and both those moms got the hang of it. You will too!

Betty is doing well, she got he H1N1 last week, so she was pretty grumpy. I'm not looking forward to Betty getting her one year shots the same time as Vincent getting his 2 month shots (my god, I still have a hard time with the fact that they are 10 months apart...its so surreal.) And aside from the lack of sleep that comes with a brand new baby, I'm still alive and kicking.

so pleased your doing well penny. Your an inspiration to us all, and you are proving that it can be done. You've made me feel a hell of alot better about having 2 kids under 1 xx

Hi ladies,
Not had chance 2 come on much lately.
Pennysbored u seem 2 be gettin on great, i know how hard it can be at times but like u say we are all still alive, lol.
Hope everyone is o.k?

Hey Ladies. Just wondering if any of you have had c-sections and then conceived shortly after and how it turned out? I have heard you should wait at least 12 months for the scar to fully heal. I am planning on waiting a year before ttc, but was curious how others have gotten on?

Hey Ladies. Just wondering if any of you have had c-sections and then conceived shortly after and how it turned out? I have heard you should wait at least 12 months for the scar to fully heal. I am planning on waiting a year before ttc, but was curious how others have gotten on?

I had to have an emergency C-Section with my son (now 11 months old) and I'm expecting again in April 2010. There will be 16 months between them, so we conceived when Harry was 7 months old. So far I've had no problems and when I saw the consultant he was happy for us to try for a VBAC this time.

Just wanted to let you ladies know that as of this week, I got my pre-pregnancy energy back. I'm pretty pleased about that. I'm still pretty tired because of being up 4 times during the night, but I'm still doing okay. When I was pregnant this second time, I didn't feel like I was ever going to be able to get anything done. So far my children are fed and dry, my dishes are done and my laundry is caught up. Still a little cluttery around the house, but hygiene levels are good.
And I am breastfeeding, to top it all off.
Next step, lose the 70 lbs I gained being pregnant two times in a row. Down about 27 lbs already, so I am on the right track, but I'd like to be beach friendly by summer. It is possible, dammit.
Any body talk to Alice and Bump? She's due right away...

Alice had her baby on her due date on the loo at home bless her. It was very fast! Both mum and baby are doing well. (i got the info from another pregnancy forum, different user name but i'm sure its the same alice were talking about)

Your doing great penny! xx

Alice had her baby on her due date on the loo at home bless her. It was very fast! Both mum and baby are doing well. (i got the info from another pregnancy forum, different user name but i'm sure its the same alice were talking about)

Your doing great penny! xx

Really? Is everyone alright?

Both mum and baby are doing great! She had to go to hospital for some stitches and she just got home last night. I'm sure she'll be online soon xx

Is anyone else still feeling like having two babies so close together is going to be too much?? I can't get ANYTHING done with just Harry, let alone two little ones... He's doing my head in at the moment - He's clingy, he wants my attention ALL the time and when I do decide to do something for myself (like even going to the toilet) he screams the house down. I feel like it's a constant battle between me and him to get anything done. My housework isn't being done, I barely manage to eat enough for myself, let alone bump, and my patience with Harry are pretty much non-existant!!! Top that all off with the fact that he's STILL not sleeping through the night and you've got one VERY unhappy mum :(

Sorry to moan, but I just feel like all of this needs to be said... And it's not like I've got anyone else to talk to :(

hey can i join you girls..... im pregnant now and lil man is 3 months... really want to tandem feed them both has anyone else been successful in doing this x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->