BD on day of positive OPK

fire, you chart looks pretty good to me~! Great LP! It's crazy how you temp is so consistent preO!! I'm not sure if the extra 'wetness' i feel is from the grapefruit juice or not~ :haha: but the cycle I started grapefruit juice (started drinking a glass a day right after AF left up until O), I got my BFP! Coincident? But I think I do feel more 'wet' though.. :haha: :shy:

Right after my acu appointment I went and bought a grapefruit to juice :) and some EPO. I'm a little more nervous about taking the EPO. So I know that some people when they go on certain cholesterol medications are not allowed to eat grapefruits I wonder if that's because they have a blood thinning affect which might cause CM to loosen up too.

I mentioned to the acu that I wanted the herbs she gave me this month to help with CM so she said she'd include something in the mix of stuff this month, so we'll see - I was going to ask her about grapefruit and EPO but I totally forgot.

Yeah~ I've heard of that! People on cholesterol medication are not allowed to eat grapefruits. Are you taking cholesterol medication?

From google:
Substances found in grapefruit juice can prevent the body from breaking down certain types of statins in the liver, so they build up to high levels in the blood and can, in effect, cause an overdose.​

no no I'm not taking cholesterol medication :) my DH's stepfather is - that's how I heard about the no grapefruit thing, I was trying to give them breakfast one day and he declined my offer for half an organic ruby red grapefruit and I was baffled as to why anyone would say no!

Last night one of my fillings fell out. I guess its good to get all the dentist things out of the way before getting a BFP...

:haha: I personally don't like grapefruit. :shy: For the grapefruit juice, I had to chuck it down~ And I always shrivel after I drank it! :haha:

Oh yeah~ better get the dentist things out of the way! Next up shall be your bfp! :thumbup:

fireb - :hugs: i see af showed! how are you feeling? hopefully not too bad?

ginger - where are you girl?

hi lxb,

Yes AF arrived with a vengence - super heavy like I was a teenager :( hopefully she brought teenage fertility along with her for October.

How you feeling? Do you know if you O'd yet? Were you able to rally for some BD'ing despite having a cold?

I'm counting down the days until I O again already... approx 10 days I hope...its gonna be gf juice, epo and chinese herbs for me this month...considering taking vitex because my cycle was 26 days vs 27 that it usually is so it might help extend out my cycle to 28 days...

What supplements are you taking this month?

Ekk for heavy af! October is a great month for BFP! :thumbup:

I'm feeling anxious waiting for O! I thought I would O yesterday and expected temp to rise this morning but it seems the same~ So perhaps I'll O today? :shrug: i really hope that start of the flu is not causing any delay. But yeah~ manage to BD last night~ :shy:

Feel some minor tingling cramp here and there.. but have been feeling that for days now~ :dohh:

how long is your usual AF? ~10 days will be here before you know it!

the only supplement i'm taking is the prenatal vitamin~ I have a few bnb budies who have great results from chinese herbs :thumbup:

Hi ladies. Was skimming different threads and I have to say I have learned so much from this one (from grapefruit juice to whole food prenatals). Sorry to jump in, but if you don't mind me asking, what herbs does your acupuncturist have you take? (I'll be 37 next month and am trying to make sure all bases are covered.)

Hi xoxoAngel! Welcome!
So I am drinking the herbs prescribed by my acupuncturist right this moment as I type! I just took them out to read on the packages to see if anything looked familiar. But they all have Chinese names like there is one called: Fu Chao Zi Qiao (!) There are 15 tiny packets of 'herbal tea' each one different and you mix these all together in hot water and drink them. The acupuncturist designs the prescription based on your symptoms and exactly where you are in your cycle. Eg. I have a prescription for 3 days that is specific to AF. Then there are some new packets that are for before Ov then I'll see her again after Ov and she'll give me some 'implantation' packets.
So unfortunately I can't give you specifics about the herbals that she prescribed. But in terms of affecting my cycle it has been really positive. I'm hoping it ends up in a BFP in Oct...that's what I aiming for!!!!!
The acu recommended taking a prenatal and said vitex and EPO 'wouldn't hurt' but that the herbs she has me on are pretty strong and she believes they are the things that make all the difference.
In terms of the actual acu treatment, I think its the herbs that make the difference and cause the changes but the treatment with the needles is kind of just a 'bonus' like it might open up some energy channels that get stuff flowing but the herbs make the real changes happen.
I started doing Acu after I read that book the three month fertility plan that goes into all the different ways they use TCM and acu to help with conception.
How long have you been ttc? Is this your #1?

lxb - fingers crossed for your Ov and a good rise in temps for you!! Yippeeee!

AF usually lasts 5 days for me, although its been a little lighter the last few months so probably will be done in 4 days I can already feel it slowing down a little.

The acu said that spotting before AF in a BFN month is not a good thing, in a normal month AF should flow out immediately and it should all clear out not leaving anything 'stuck' , not exactly sure what 'stuck' meant blood(?) energy(?) anyway flow out and go away I guess. So I'm hoping I'm having a non 'stuck' month!

Have you tried mucinex? I'm thinking of trying it too along with the EPO and grapefruit juice....

Thank you for sharing about what your acupuncturist mixes up for you. I too go to an acupuncturist weekly. I started going after my first mc in April...she wanted to put me on an herbal regiment. I declined the herbs because my RE wanted to do blood work and I didn't want the herbal treatment to skew my "true" results (hope that makes sense). Since going to the acupuncturist my cycles have been like clockwork! I was unlucky a second time in August and had another mc (chromosomal), so now I'm thinking of trying the herbs! We are trying for our #1...we started trying in March. I can attest to the SMEP (with use of OPKs)! Wish I could do bbt, but I have a hard time committing. What part of your cycle do you start it on?

Hi xoxo that's so interesting that you got results from the acu without the herbs. Super cool! I am definitely going to follow the SMEP this month. I started bbt in the middle of my cycle in August I haven't been doing it for very long. I like it though because it seems like it reveals things about the body that are not really obvious eg. Exact day of Ov. I'm going to try and track CM this month too :)

:wave: xoxo4angel~~

fireb - spotting before AF is not good?? how about spotting afterward? should it just stop completely? Yes, i've tried mucinex (Guaifenesin is the main ingredient and should be the ONLY active ingredient) once cycle. I'm not sure if helps me with ewcm but I don't feel too good about taking medication. that's why I went with grapefruit juice as it's more 'natural' I supposed.

xoxo - I'm all for SMEP as I got my bfp back in april of this year following smep~ I think the logic behind it is to make sure all your basis are covered :thumbup: as for bbt, for me, i just do it every single day (well.. sometimes i skipped the weekend if i was on my period because I temp at 6:30am everyday! and i need my uninterrupted sleep on weekend :shy:) and I'm all for bbt too as it confirmed my O and if my temp is still up when AF is expected.. that means I would test else i dont even bother testing~~

I'm amazed by acu. It's has been around before modern medicine, there has to be some truth to it! DH says its mind over matter, I say it makes me less whiny and relaxed! I pulled a tendon in my wrist and honest after 1 treatment it was so much better! I'm a believer!

I tried Guaifenesin too...can't say I noticed a difference. I might give it a go this round, but I'm with Lxb on taking medication.

Lxb. If my DH wakes before me and I'm in and out of being asleep while he gets ready, then charting bbt would be pointless, right? Can I start on CD10 and see results?

xoxo - would you stay in bed while he gets ready? i think the important thing is to stay at rest. i think some sites said minimize talking too? perhaps you can take it the moment you take up (try to make it at around the same time as possible) every once in a while if you wake up earlier, you can always use the temp adjuster to adjust your bbt. how long is your usual cycle? when do you usually O?

I do stay in bed, but he isn't exactly quiet, so I guess I could just go ahead and take it then. His schedule is much more regular than mine is. My cycles used to be (and I'm hoping still are) 27 days...with +ve OPK showing on CD13.

then i would take temp base on his schedule then since it's more regular~ starting on cd10 should be fine then. my temp tends to dip right before O, so i think that should be okay~ :thumbup:

xoxo I have the same thing DH gets out of bed noisily much earlier than I do - I also sometimes wake up earlier to pee - but I make sure to take my temps before I get up. I experimented a little over a few days to see what happened if I took temps at 5,6,7 and 8am for many of the days for me I found there was no difference, for some of the days it was about .2 higher at 8am compared to 5am.

lxb - yeah I didn't think about mucinex being a medication - I guess it is - so I'll assess if I really want to take it this month :)

Thank you! I'm motivated now! Dusted off thermometer and reset my FF app!

Lxb. Thought I saw your O is coming up...fx for you!

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->